Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter March-April, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter March, 2006

Can anyone explain to me what the f'ck is the fascination with the CAT teams? Piss takers in the other threads have piss taked on Cat teams and their ability to make it to the finals in the Div 2 cup. I simply don't get it....call me ignorant or simply a dumb ass, but isn't the probability of a Cat team making it to the finals against them simply by the numbers? Are there not more non Cat teams than Cat?
Having said all of this, I'm glad to see Cat teams moving on.
:knvb: :wa: :bronco: :D

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cats are stupid solitary animals that don't care much about
cups and other nonsense...
ive rarely seen a whole team of cats.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What kept you?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter March, 2006

WFC Rangers B 2 : 1 Westside Rino C

Sweet, sweet victory.

The boys were solid today in a spirited match at Hillcrest. Although we went one down early in the 2nd half (early, as in 6 seconds) on a sh!t goal a la Canucks-style, we came back with lots of energy and fully deserved the win.

Congratulations go to the Rino crew as they played well and created good pressure but just couldn't capitalize when their opportunities appeared.

Harwig with the first on a lovely curling ball that just kissed the inside post before rippling the net -- Rino's keeper never even moved. The winner came from Father Murphy's boot via his shin guard. :)

Tippets was huge on the back line until getting subbed late in the second. And of course, Notcher played well down the left side and gave everyone watching a lesson on superlative ball control.

One more win against Bombastic next week and the season is ours.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Apparently Keeper forgot we're CAT teams and posted in the normal div. 2 thread. We'll have to forgive him though, as I'm sure his brain is hurting from standing on his head all day. Some brilliant saves in the 1st half kept the game scoreless.

We went up 1-0 very early in the 2nd half and looked to be in total control, until a period of 10 minutes where we played the worst we've played all season, and paid for it by letting in 2 soft goals. A very hard lesson learned about keeping up the intensity level, but thankfully it was not a cup game. Full marks to the Rangers for capitalizing on their chances.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whoops. I was so eager to post, I wasn't paying attention -- like I was on your first goal. :eek:

Consider it moved.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

bite me Keeper......;)

now thats a superlative post!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple 2 Lobbans 2 - Stayed to see this at Clinton after our frolic in the mud with Circle Eddie in the middle.

2-buzz for 'Bums at the half; Temple played the first half with 10 players, and didn't look too badly off except for the skinny white kid on the right who disappeared when he turned sideways. Ran out of beer, so we didn't stay for the 2nd half. Guess Gurps got his extra guys out after all....?

Gurps: aren't you glad now you didn't manage to recruit any of our geezers?:D

Nice to see old Mike Kalanj out - must be International Linesman's Day again. Truly a class act, that guy.:)

beerz,

Trece

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde your toooo old for this 2nd division banter....

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde your toooo old for this 2nd division banter....

yeah, but so are you, and your daughter calls me "daddy...":D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, we had our 11th man show up at half.

We had a pretty big team party last night after the Div one game, most of the guys were way too hungover to even move,so we told them not to even bother coming out, plus we had about four guys who had to work.

Nice to see you again Stew, thanks for mucking up the field.;)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hoops 2
BFC Classic 1

The last time we played they smacked us 5-0 with our partial line up out. Well this week we were still missing a few key guys but the lineup was much closer to our full unit. SHort story here was usual Classic vs Kids game. We held and gave up 60% of possession and went down 1-0 to a perfectly places toe punt low into the far corner. We blew our chances to level and their keeper as usual controled his box quite well.

2nd half we were a little better and may have actually managed 50% of possession and tied the game with 10 mins to go and a 35 yard lob shot over their keeper. I'm not sure our player really knew the keep was off the line but we will take it.

Feeling rather good about ourselves and thinking we are the best team in CAT because we are all tied with the young bucks we caugh a ball up in center mid only to have their number 10 pot a good shot low near post while moving accross the top of our box. HMMMMM Maybe we should have changed that formation from 4-3-3 back to 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1 and held on for the draw.

Nice to be out and a well faught game. Now on to Lobbans again!!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Georgie, we just have no luck this year. Our team is much better than our record indicates, but plain and simple , no luck.

Our starting goalie was hurt, and that cost us, as Ireland scored two goals that should have been easily saved in the first half. We pressured Club I and played fairly well for the most part.

Score was 3-1 with about two mins to go, and Ireland scored with our guys all pushed up.

With the score 1-0, we hit the crossbar.

Later we had one cleared off the line, and another just inches from going in.

Anyways, it was a good clean game and always fun playing Club I.

Maybe one day we can actually have some luck.:(

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Gurps, if you guys played posts you would probably win the majority of your games. Oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestyler said:
Hey Gurps, if you guys played posts you would probably win the majority of your games. Oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Not this afternoon!

GOALS:
Westside Rino "C" 4 - 2 Sikh Temple GFC

5 minutes in, our winger made a great run and crossed the ball into the box where it was headed in near post. 1-0

Sikh struck back near the end of the first half as some poor defensive marking left their centre mid wide open off a throw in and he ripped a shot top corner. 1-1

A defensive blunder by the Sikh centre back let our striker catch up to a long ball and poke it past the keeper. 2-1

Sikh with a long free kick from half, and their striker beat our defender to the header just inside the 18, catching the keeper stranded in no man's land. 2-2

During some furious action in the Sikh box, we hammered the ball off the underside of the crossbar. The referee was on the line and said it never crossed, I think we got a foot to the rebound and that was cleared off the line by a defender. Shortly after Sikh caught us on the counter for a breakaway, but our goalie came up with a big save. After that, our striker beat their defender wide, cut across the byline, and slipped it back to the penalty spot, where it was neatly finished by our centre mid. 3-2

We kept pressing and had a shot from outside the 18 come off the right post, go straight to our striker who's shot then came back off the left post.

Near the end, Sikh's goalie took a horrible goal kick that went to one of our guys, he slipped it into our striker who flicked it up and volleyed it top corner. 4-2

Good game overall, which should keep us sharp for the cup.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vancouver Olympics "B" 2 - 1 Richmond United "B"

Is that a mistake?

Match report please!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Aycarumba! I was thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0