Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Results, Predictions & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I didn't know that the name was used previously, just that there's another team from Uncle Vermin's rock garden using it in youth soccer now.

soccer8

Jan 19, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
So is it just one team that gets promoted from these divisions or how does it work? does goal difference count also?

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The boys from the rock rode their luck to beat Cosmos SC in a saturday water polo match. I'd provide a game report but half the time you couldn't see the pitch. As far as I could make out, we got a couple more goals than they did.
Another game that could have gone either way. I think.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quarter way through the season and based on results so far it looks like Greencaps and Snipers will fight it out for the top two spots in Div. 3 B. And what's with that score in yesterday's Greencaps game. Jeez, 10-5? Game report from someone please.

Bowen Island versus Snipers yesterday saw a young, fit, and talented Snipers team pretty much run the Boners off the park. Still, we caught them on a counter midway in the first half and scored a nice goal. Have to say, by halftime the boys from the rock were pretty much ready to head off for a beer, fricken exhausted from chasing the ball all half.

So we parked the bus, defended the entire second half and got the 3 points. It wasn't pretty but the win was still sweet because that Snipers team is quite a bit better than we are.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'll do my best to explain....

We turned up with a bit of a lax attitude and didn't expect Esteghlal to be as up for it as they were. Courtesy of a combination of some terrible defensive mistakes and some well taken goals we found ourselves 1-4 down pretty quickly. We then blasted a penalty over the bar to make things even more difficult. We fought back to 4-4 at half time only for Esteghlal to score again pretty quickly thanks to another defensive mixup from an Esteghlal counter attack. We then blasted another penalty over the bar before getting our act together and put 6 goals in unanswered. Despite the ridiculous scoreline it was a good game, Esteghlal made a real go of it and should easily win a fair few games this season on that showing.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wish I could have seen it Farq...don't think I've ever seen a team go down 4-1 in the first half, only to "put 6 goals in unanswered. Gotta love Div. 3. In the first half some of your guys must have still been drunk from the night before.

On the topic of Div. 3 this year, the presence of a few teams who were at the top of CAT B league last season has lent itself to some pretty good football at times. Haven't watched Ante up or Greencaps play yet, but based on our match last week I'd say Snipers are certainly on par with mid table div. 2 teams. Boners have been boosted this fall by a couple of transfers from NK HRVAT, but it is still beer league stuff all the way for us, especially in the keeper department. We drew straws to see who'd play in net last weekend. Gonna have to improve a lot over the next couple of months to have a shot at staying in the top 3 or 4.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ante Up were a bunch of gentlemen playing a ruffian's game. Don't think I've ever knocked a guy over that hard and had him get up and apologize to me before...

Reasonable skill on the side; these guys will probably finish in the top half of the table. Haven't seen Greencaps yet. As for us, all our secret weapons are over 40 - and that's just our waistlines. Best result for us so far was taking care of Mr. Base's Lamy Fruckers; since then inconsistent turnouts are hurting us. PCOV next tomorrow.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
NorWest United seem like a really good bunch of guys and they came out and played well in the first 15 minutes, going up a quick goal on the Bowen Island lads. Our 11th player showed up literally at the kick off and one of our center backs was brutally hung from the previous night's festivities. You could tell it was gonna be a long game for him when he puked on the pitch midway through the half. Nasty.

Thing is the average age of the Boners is probably 21 and on Norwest it looked like 30ish. It was a case of youth and speed beating age and experience. The NorWest guys shot their bolt in the first 20 minutes then slowly became pylons as the game progressed. Final was 6-1, with Stevie R scoring 5 and giving the NorWest backline fits all game. Heading into a tough next few games, so it oughta be interesting to see if the boys can keep riding their luck...

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game report for Astros versus Bowen Island today.

Not much to say except that the Boner's were complete shite against an experienced and well organized Astros team. We've had some luck so far this fall and some of the guys have actually begun to think we are one of the better teams. But, not on today's showing, where we looked like a U16 bronze team. The guys were mostly flat footed, passive, disorganized, and generally awful. Final score was 4-0 for Astros and the score line pretty much accurately reflected the tone of the game, with Astros playing confidently and defending in numbers and Boners tentative, trying to do too much individually and generally lacking in ideas.

We've felt that some of the teams we've played this fall have a lot of class. In today's game we had no keeper so we used a 40 something guy from the Bowen Co-ed league who hasn't played soccer since grade 9 before this year. He let in two complete howlers and the Astro guys were really making a big joke of it and razzing him hard. Our guys felt the razzing showed a lack of class and it was duly noted. Just a little something to get the guys motivated for the rematch.

KennyB

Oct 20, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game report for Astros versus Bowen Island today.

He let in two complete howlers and the Astro guys were really making a big joke of it and razzing him hard. Our guys felt the razzing showed a lack of class and it was duly noted. Just a little something to get the guys motivated for the rematch.

We definitely were encouraging our guys to take shots, that poor guy was out of his depth, your report explains why. I didn't hear anything mean said to him, or anything said to him at all for that matter except "good save keep" when he made them and he did make a few, but if there was something specifically untoward then let me know and I'll address it with the lads. We won't have that from anyone on our squads.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greencaps versus Bowen Island today, 2-0 for the lads in Green. Good game to watch with some nice play at times. The experienced Caps are quite a bit better than our new team and the tall french guy up front is certainly a handful. Excellent overall skill, and team shape. It was a pleasure to play these guys despite the loss. The island guys had a few moments and played a lot better than last week, but hats off to Caps, who remain undefeated!

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
the tall guy up front is in actual fact our 'tall irish guy'. Our 'tall french guy' was on the left. But at least with your comments they both might be flattered! Great game today, definitely the best team we've played so far, well drilled and competitive with some good midfielders. Our game vs Snipers will be interesting, just don't tell them we have a few missing that weekend, eeek!

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the kind words Farq, you guys have given us a standard to aim at. Having played both teams, I'm saying Greencaps 3, Snipers 2 next weekend. Snipers are an excellent side, but I don't think they quite have the individual quality and speed that Caps have up front. But, they will get at least one goal or more against the Cap defense, I'm guessing. Defensively, I thought Snipers were a bit slow in the wings when we played them, and susceptible to quick switches and diagonal balls. Our goal against them came on a long diagonal ball from the right mid, switching to the left side. But they are very strong in the middle. They are also a young side and seem quite fit, so the game may well be decided in the final 10 minutes. Might just have to make an effort to go watch that one.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see why there is not that many positive posts on div three. Wtching todays games red cards were just flying. W Van side was playing Sighnmaster. Three red cards and ref could have given anther two three yellows. As the team gets older and can not keapup with running demends players start to cheep shot.
fF it was not for Miro you could have bigh fight. He kept the guys playing. And in last twenty minutes W Van side came from behind and beat Sighnmastet club. I still think div three should let two extra subs at half time. Far tomany guys are out of shape. For most they can not play ninety minutes. Youngster from West Van by the name of Graham stud out in today game. Many long runs on the win, in the second half a solid defender.
Game before that West Van was a Cat div. Coach from West side should get a book on fair play. Sad what goes on.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this coming weekend Friend United and Pacifica will play each other. I have to go and watch that battle. I think sparks will fly. In my opinion Miro is needed for that game. It will be a battle not to be last in the group. Athletic FC is going to be looking over the sholder. A am sure Trace will get his guys to play their heads off just to move up not be droped down at the end of the year. I can see div four forming soon with Rubin in charge.
Green you should be selling fifty fifty ticket to make some money on that game. My gut fealling Pacifica might win. If their injured guys come back.
One is a dam good player.

ChunkyMonkey

Feb 23, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
can someone clarify this... ?
I've read in a couple different places that only 1 team from div 3 is getting promoted this year...
is that 1 team from each "A" and "B" or just div 3 as a whole?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chunky only one team moves up. Two first place teams will have a playoff game to see who moves up. Same goes for div two. Three groups top teams play each other to see who moves up. From What I hear three teams from div two in each group go down to div three. Next year VMSL only wants two groups in div two. Piramid efect from div three up. If you get close make sure you buy the guy that can score the goals for you. It is not easy to moveup.

STID

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, how sure are you about the Div. 3 Promotion Structure? I was told by Azzi before the season that first in both A and B will be promoted as well as a one game playoff winner between the runners-up will go up.

Also according to the league's website:

5.1. Each year the VMSL shall promote and relegate:
(d)The top three (3) Division 3 teams shall be promoted to Division 2.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the years they head a payoff between top two teams. Only one side moved up. Unless they are doing something new this year. I just don't thinkso that three teams will moveup. Willy onece told me no teams will be added and than he added three Italian sides in div three. I donnt't know what to tell you. Your best bet is to phone Rubin. Willy tends to nap more. Div two is getting cut to two groups of ten teams I just don't se how that's possible to add three teams fom div three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0