Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL DIV 3] Results, Gossip, Predictions 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like SU Extreme were awarded a 3-0 win.

Just saw that. I wasn't at the match, and have only read nuggets online... but is PCOV taking the fall for their fan's behaviour? If spectators wind up goalkeepers, and the latter react physically, should the spectators' team be punished?

Again, I don't know much details of the incident in question - just curious how the league's decision was made.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw that. I wasn't at the match, and have only read nuggets online... but is PCOV taking the fall for their fan's behaviour? If spectators wind up goalkeepers, and the latter react physically, should the spectators' team be punished?

Again, I don't know much details of the incident in question - just curious how the league's decision was made.

That would be a brutal way to lose out on promotion!

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Division 3B championship/promotion playoff is scheduled for Saturday, April 2, 6:00pm at Burnaby Lake.

Will a former MLS goalkeeper be the difference?

After what happened to Unicorns last year, it would be pretty funny if FC Serbia won and then folded during the close season. :)

Lots of juicy VMSL matches on April 2nd...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Division 3B championship/promotion playoff is scheduled for Saturday, April 2, 6:00pm at Burnaby Lake.

Will a former MLS goalkeeper be the difference?

After what happened to Unicorns last year, it would be pretty funny if FC Serbia won and then folded during the close season. :)

Lots of juicy VMSL matches on April 2nd...

Looks like this one has been bumped up to a mid-week game on March 30. I'm assuming scheduling conflicts at BBY Lake? Tha or the teams both opted to move it up??

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Serbia folded trace would love it, than he could add three guys to win some games. Between VAFC an B United they won five ganes maybe six. Both teams need lots of help. Trace also runs youth program. I head a biggest laugh, they VAFC youth took one team made of three teams to ICSF tournament to make a point In U10. Soccer here will never develop seventy percent of kids quit before fourteen. Man oh man.
Div one to div six must be coming back. Than and only than all will have fun. Serbija is better off to stay in div three and go to B Provincial B. Guys have fun and play good soccer. Unicorn used to be in Div two head a nice side than they got older and now club is trying again to go up.
Really no need just have fun and play good ball. Cup run in BC is more fun than any other Div.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Serbia folded trace would love it, than he could add three guys to win some games. Between VAFC an B United they won five ganes maybe six. Both teams need lots of help. Trace also runs youth program. I head a biggest laugh, they VAFC youth took one team made of three teams to ICSF tournament to make a point In U10. Soccer here will never develop seventy percent of kids quit before fourteen. Man oh man.
Div one to div six must be coming back. Than and only than all will have fun. Serbija is better off to stay in div three and go to B Provincial B. Guys have fun and play good soccer. Unicorn used to be in Div two head a nice side than they got older and now club is trying again to go up.
Really no need just have fun and play good ball. Cup run in BC is more fun than any other Div.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I partially agree with you, but I have to defend Trece on this one. I can assure you that VAFC youth has provided some of the finest and most skilled kids in the area to Vancouver Metro and Fusion. There are two issues that make this not so evident. First, the numbers at VAFC are limited, and so they are forced to have Bronze, Silver, and Gold players in one team. Those teams will not get points or wins. Second, most of the time they are truly developing players and not looking for the win, which is hard to accept in other clubs. Other clubs, particularly ICSF see win=development at youth level and this is not the case.
The latest point is very hard to accept for parents and players themselves. Even in his club not everyone sees an eye on this one. Even with adults is hard to make them understand. YOU HAVE TO LOSE A LOT, SO LATER YOU CAN WIN A LOT.
Campo is the perfect example of this. We are in the finals of the Cup and promotion contenders, but the players had to lose a lot and endure painful defeats before they were ready to move to the next level. Losing a lot makes you aware of errors and makes you ready to accept coach directions. I do personally let my players and teams fail a lot before starting to make corrections.

The politics of the club hurts Trece on getting the better players. Otherwise, he would be having teams with better players FROM VAFC. I thought of joining Trece's club (adult/youth) but the internal politics/structure hamper the development of players in the long run and in consistent numbers both at adult and youth level. There is nothing that he can do. I just admire that he keeps going and does not quit at both levels. He provides a lot of playing time to underprivileged kids.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Coach no one blames Trace I know Trace well. It is youth coaches going to a tournament trying to win at all cost. VAFC Club is fine and they do good job with kids I just do not see the reason of putting three teams as one and going to play against U10 kids it is about balance and development at that age and no more.
In U 11 kids try out to see where they will end up. Gold Siver or Bronze. Not at U10 tournament. I am 100 % sure that Trace new nothing about it or he would have said no. Soccer Coach we all know soccer politics but at U10 one must think about development and fun and not about hurting kids in a long run.
All that tells you that VAFC needs not to have a try-out at U11 those kids will be it. Rest who cares. This is why I said VMSL needs Premier till Div five so young men get a chance to develop. Most can not start in div three or U21 where skill is of X Select kids and HPL. Three groups in Div three and all that play off games. Two groups 16 teams in div two and down. Top two teams move up bottom two drop down. Div one, one group 16 teams and Premier with 12 teams. With kids U13 first split to Gold Silver House Select and HPL.
Kids need more development. Less presure games we will keep them in the game way longer.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting discussion. I had two HPL kids on the Boners side this year, one of whom played part of the season for Mountain and part for Fusion last year. But, those guys hated their HPL experience. Part of it was the brutal commute from Bowen, but part of it was the intensity of the coaching, and part was the guys felt that there was more pressure on the team to win than there was to develop their skills.

So, for example, one of the kids is a freaking rocket ship and when he was playing youth he was always played up front or on the wing and told to run onto diagonal through balls. Play through, run on it, get behind the defenders and make something happen. But, put him in a 3 v 3 in a tight space and he disappears. All those years he should have been developing his technical ability are lost because his youth coaches played to his pace hoping it would win games for them.

We run a modest program, and make no claims about the quality of our training. but I was watching this kid play tonight in a 4 v 4 and saw him, finally, playing one touch soccer repeatedly, making intelligent runs, and, lordy, lordy, actually playing with his head up. He has improved more this year playing at home on the rock in Div. 3 than he did in HPL last year. More importantly, he is having a blast (and yes he sneaks the odd beer) and he will win a nice award at our end of season dinner in two weeks time for being the most improved player this year. Joy and technique. Nothing else really matters in this game.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are a couple of things to clear up here at the risk of devolving this into a youth soccer discussion. I am not going to wade through that publicly. Check your PMs. For everyone else who is wondering WTF:
  1. I do not run a youth program; there is a technical director who does that. I am involved in the youth part of our club as the board member who oversees operations, but coaching decisions are made by the TD, not me.
  2. I am not involved in dealing with house-league aged kids or teams. Any tournament decisions for players that age are also made by the TD and coaches, not by me.
  3. The tournament team Mr. Base is talking about was created as a development exercise for the kids involved; not to "make a point." Normally house league teams are balanced by averaging the level of talent across teams, so if you have kids who are excelling, they don't normally get opportunities to challenge themselves. There is a fine balance between keeping something like this focused on the development aspects of the game and going for wins, but the latter is not our club philosophy.
  4. Success for older youth players in our club is not based on how many of them end up on a team that I am coaching; it's a lot more about how many of them we help get to academic success. I'm a patient guy, and our goal with our adult teams (all 4 of them) is way more about providing the CSA charter club style cradle-to-grave opportunity and community involvement. Winning is good, but we're also about developing players as people and giving back to what got you here.
Now fcuk off, I really am busy...:D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace I will not really get between you and Rick. I see no problem with some clubs wining at all cost. For most it's about bringing the best players to each club. Now HPL is about four five grand. Some parents can not cover the cost..Kids will play where they have fun. Having a tournament to see who the best players are,there is nothing wrong with that. Clubs should be told to bring ringers or do not call it a year end tournament. As you know ICSF has guys like Joe Recata kids will be developed. There is no need of HPL or select. Some parents want HPL and select all the power to them.
From all that your senior team or any other senior team can only benefit. You are right it's about academics and development of youth. So many kids and parents get hurt from all that mental pressure to be something some fat but thinks of.
There is hand full of top talent kids with speed,strength,skill, focus, and game drive. All the coaches are trying to find them guys and try to bring them to their team.
We will see on Friday what our products do against Mexico. See you there. I will be coaching youth this year and a senior team.
Cheers have a good summer. You know what I am thinking about. Development and fun.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Trace Cuzzetto is part of TD along side of Frank Freule. Joe is a U8 or U9 coach used to play for me as a kid. He is very good with kids and knows the game. I might have spelled his last name wrong that was many years back. You know the guy John Peshi's B-law. Both are coaching with ICSF. That club has some very good coaches coming up.
Same goes for Killrney there is about six seven guys there that used to play for me in PCSL. You will see Killarney bounce back big times.
I see Columbus missed on coming back in to Premier this year. I can see them rebuild the club back the way it was from youth all the way. As they did join ICSF. It's all as one now. In next two years club will double in size as far as numbers of youth players.
Even Croatia SC has started three youth teams but only academy level kids.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Trace Cuzzetto is part of TD along side of Frank Freule. Joe is a U8 or U9 coach used to play for me as a kid. He is very good with kids and knows the game. I might have spelled his last name wrong that was many years back. You know the guy John Peshi's B-law. Both are coaching with ICSF. That club has some very good coaches coming up.
Same goes for Killrney there is about six seven guys there that used to play for me in PCSL. You will see Killarney bounce back big times.
I see Columbus missed on coming back in to Premier this year. I can see them rebuild the club back the way it was from youth all the way. As they did join ICSF. It's all as one now. In next two years club will double in size as far as numbers of youth players.
Even Croatia SC has started three youth teams but only academy level kids.

Columbus is going back to prem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0