Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL] Div 3 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
36 Teams split into 3 divisions

12 Side A Teams:
Sapperton B
Bingers Army Whistler
Cliff Ave Mustangs
MetroFord Lobos
Cosmos
Euro
FC Toro
Formwerks
Mainland Athletic
Muckerlomas B
Regent College
West Coast Celts

First games start Friday September 10th

12 Side B Teams
BCT Liverpool
Bombastic B
Bosna
Guildford FC
Metro B
Musqueam Spurs
Norvan Storm
PCOV Benfica
Port Moody Rangers
Redeemer Eagles
Oromo FC
Balaclava

12 Side C Teams
AC Vansterdamn
BB5 United B
Sapperton C?
MetroFord United
Serbia Narps
New West
Port Moody Grizzlies
Royal City
Primo B
Greencaps B
Harps B
West Hounds

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@big gk What's up with the Whistler team? That's quite the affiliation :)
Mark Freeman is the man. Not sure Mark is officially here, but he definitely lurks.

The reason for this collaboration is to give the U20 players in Whistler a landing spot to further develop. I can tell you for certain that the challenge up here is obvious, but in the same breath, you have some real players. The environment is different, but in coaching the girls up to U16, I found that in terms of their athletics and competitiveness, it was well above what I had in Surrey. They weren't happy to just be involved w/ their friends, they always wanted to win, and that comes with growing up in an environment where they mostly compete in other Whistler sports. The last year I coached (really, Mark doing most the coaching to be fair), we were missing two girls due to the fact one was the representative for Hong Kong in DH Skiing at the Olympics, and another a representative for Canada as an alternate on the Luge team. These were 15 YO girls that had earned their spots (the skier had to earn enough FIS points to even qualify Hong Kong). We really only had three local girls who's primary winter sport was footy. We also had three Seashelt Girls on our squad, and our winter home pitch was in Seashelt.

Our biggest issue was getting players for matches; we had a squad of 18-20, but getting 11 was always hard. Constantly calling up younger players to fill the ranks...and despite that, we won nearly all the time at the Div. 1A level.

The boys, basically they have the same challenge. You will have some boys with similar athletic backgrounds and drive to win. I have seen a lot of the boys in the Mountain Bike park, and they are elite level riders. IN addition, there are so many UK guys in town now on working vacations, many with professional playing experience, looking for a squad just to scratch the itch. The potential to have a squad that will go up in year 1 to 2nd division is there.

Now we have a turf pitch in Whistler, though no cover, so don't know what home pitch in Winter will be. Likely Quest University in Squamish, I'm sure @big gk knows.

No, I'm not involved. No, I don't have the desire. Really happy to be a dad to a 7 year old skier / mountain biker, despite the fact she asked me to sign her up for soccer this year after watching the Girls win Gold. Bloody hell. Mark had a good laugh at that (He's also my daughter's ski coach).

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have had quite a few Whistler brahs on our team over the last 5 years and they got their new turf up there and some more players now so they wanted to enter their own team. We played a scrimmage against them this summer really nice bunch. Too bad the league doesn't allow for games in Whistler in the fall would be a nice experience

DidierDruggedMe

Sep 2, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anything about the other teams? There seems to be a BEVY of new teams (I would surmise a lot of former academy/collegiate guys looking to get out and run and maybe so dev squads for other teams in higher divisions)? The division is shaping up to be quite competitive actually!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Week 2 Table

1632229756241.png
Not looking good for the Oromo or Vansterdamn promotion ambitions.

BAW outta the gates strong, ski season right around the corner, what happens then?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 2 Table

View attachment 31569
Not looking good for the Oromo or Vansterdamn promotion ambitions.

BAW outta the gates strong, ski season right around the corner, what happens then?
....I suspect most of the adults find midweek to get their fix in. The kids likely already missing a day or two a week at school to ski. I predict minimal impact except on juicy powder days.

into the mind skiing GIF

Soccer 98

Sep 22, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ccb azad 2-0 in vmsl div 3 survived relegation in Fvsl prem and hamburger offered the spot but bounced over to vmsl in u21 in which we dominated during our covid year going undefeated it was either playing u21 or moving into div 3 to play against beer bellies looks like the div 1 application got denied but we’ll work out way up.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ccb azad 2-0 in vmsl div 3 survived relegation in Fvsl prem and hamburger offered the spot but bounced over to vmsl in u21 in which we dominated during our covid year going undefeated it was either playing u21 or moving into div 3 to play against beer bellies looks like the div 1 application got denied but we’ll work out way up.
Hamburglar

Soccer 98

Sep 22, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azad 5-0 new west bunch of beer bellies against ballers what did u expect would happen. The path to prem won’t be disrupted by anyone.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have had quite a few Whistler brahs on our team over the last 5 years and they got their new turf up there and some more players now so they wanted to enter their own team. We played a scrimmage against them this summer really nice bunch. Too bad the league doesn't allow for games in Whistler in the fall would be a nice experience
Can you imagine "away games" in Whistler?!

Some teams wouldn't make the return leg home...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FC Toro relegated to Div. 4 after 5 games and a couple of double digit hammerings, and SST FC promoted. Trying to think of any other time this has happened midseason....

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even Friends United and Dexterious FC with their cardboard cutout keeper stuck it out the whole year....

Mind you they couldnt go any lower back then..

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps, there actually was a time when the VMSL had at least 7 divisions (one section in each), but even way back then I don't remember anyone getting relegated (or promoted) mid-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0