Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C Predictions

Yaletown 0:4 Alemania - easy
Belmont ?:0 MacDonald - automatic (famous last words...)
Ravens 3:1 Shaheen - Haven't seen Ravens but was totally unimpressed with Shaheen.
Champlain 2:2 C-Men - UGLY. If Champlain thought Belmont were bad tacklers...
Ewalk 3:4 Burnaby - Fazio with a hatty to keep this one close.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK NO TRAIN

Bit of a choo choo train again this year heh fellas? Always lots of talk (from you guys) about how great you are but since being promoted from the now defunct Div 3 - what have you done? I must say that this year has been noticeably quieter. Where's Arian (sp) and McSkinnynohandswhocan'tcontrolhistemper? What about your COLUMBIAN SUPERSTAR??? I thought he was the best player to ever play in the VMSL?

Come on out fellas...

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp....................Erion is to busy trying to earn a living now that he is no longer reaping the benifits of being one of the Watchers employees. McDirty has vanished but ICBC called me to help clarify the sordid details of his employment history. Last and least our columbian superstar has been replaced by a payalike I mean look alike columbian. At least the new one doesnt need a babysitter to make it to the games. The old one went to play in the croatian summer league, won the mvp, and then was stolen by croatia a and now plays premier. He's a super talent but I cant believe they coddle to him.......... sad. As for NK we have not been behind at the half even once this year. Our starting goalie is 3 and 1 (his only loss was to bingers who we were beating 1-0 with 10 min left), while our green giant backup is 0 and 4. We have just been the victims of incredibly bad luck, brutally biased refereeing (see Jurik the polak, The tanned czech with the grey moustache, and the pork chop van damme look alike) and not having the same line up twice in a row. Talent, depth, and training are definatly not our problems. (15 men at training last night).............ps...The Watcher has been to depressed to post because of our very unindicative record. However, feeling better about things (now that promo is a pipe dream) The Watcher will once again be livening this medium with his unique insight.(whatever)

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"We have just been the victims of incredibly bad luck, brutally biased refereeing (see Jurik the polak, The tanned czech with the grey moustache, and the pork chop van damme look alike)"

Watcher, I was on the back line in the game of the tanned Chech moustache ref. He nail every offside perfect. ( a good div 2 ref in my opinion ) There is no arguing when you forward is in the middle of the field yards behind the closest defender. The ref. evenly nailed you guys leaning on the wrong side as we lined up on the 18 on one of your free kicks. Perhaps some of you guys should be drinking some wine instead of beer after those games. PGU has started some practicing the last few weeks and will picking many more points the second half.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey bc .....I'm not saying that PGU didn't play well against us or that the moustache czech ref is incapable it's just that he dosen't like Hrvat or something because he has always been impossible to deal with every time we've had him. At least a couple of times he made assinine calls against us.(ie. no advantage or phantom offside)

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp...I'm not sure but I think the player you guys are talking about is Ruben C....and for sure he is one of the best players in vmsl. I played with him a few times in the summer, very skilled.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fury 3 - 1 ewalk

we carried most of the play and really should have won by more than 2.Ewalk don't have much without frank up front(heard he's injured).Ruined another pitch at adanac in the process.On to yaletown

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain 2-4 Cmen

Congrats to them for taking advantage of the opportunity, they deserved it. Shocking when you are the home team and only 5 guys are there 30 mins before kick off. We eventually got 10 guys to start and they scored 2 goals while we had 10 men. We got an 11th right before the half. Got one back and then they scored a beauty to go up 2 again. We pulled one more back and almost got the equalizer but it just went wide. Next rush they scored a wicked header. Props to the guy who scored it as it was not an easy thing to do. Hard to compete with 10 guys for half the game but I'll say to the boys keep your heads up because we gave her all we had today.

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher,

to depressed to post because of our very unindicative record

Bingers 5 Havarti 2. Was the score as unindicative as your record? I don't know as I was not at the game. Myself and two other starters were at the Lions' kick ass win.

Boogienights

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 2 West Van Royals 0

Norvan started out real flat. The Royals pressed but didn't really get any quality sniffs. We woke up late in the first half with a nice pass from Led inside the box across to Bonefish who tucked her home. That seemed boost our confidence or wake us up or whatever. Second half we clearly carried the play and potted another. Since our first meeting with the Royals, their average age has seemed to drop about 10 years. They are alot better.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's vs WV Royals

The Royals did get a few crosses that could have been notched but that was pretty much it. We on the other hand, played flat as Therapist mentioned for too long in the 1st Half. The ref did factor into the scoreline with some yellows he issued, and not playing advantage on one occassion that would have provided a good opportunity to go up two bagel before the half.

We did not finish like we need to but I still feel(hope) that this is a stage. We should have had a couple of more goals and we should have put this one out of reach much earlier. Kudos to WestVan for playing a solid 90. Hopefully they will steal some points off the Royals and Signmaster in the next 9 games.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boogienights.
Havarti just happens to be a very good cheese, perhaps even my favorite (hate it when it sticks to the wax paper though). Once again the song remained the same as bingers scored from 30 right through our kneeling 46 year old, painful/funny to watch, last choice keeper's, hands to go up one zip. NK responded then took the lead 2-1 only to watch things fall apart yet again. The watcher and a fellow striker, burst into simultaneous laughter when old "beeks" batted the last goal around his body then unbelievably back into his own net ala curly neal of globetrotter fame minus the bouncing of the ball. Of well I still say we can beat anyone we've played. Let he who feels otherwise say so now then hope they don't have to eat it in the second go round or in the cup.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 1 RFC 1

We blew it. What's this, something like the sixth tie in a row vs these guys.
We didn't generate a whole lot. Maybe we're too spoiled by playing on the turf. Honda park is not very good. Still bitter and shocked.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
NK NO TRAIN

Bit of a choo choo train again this year heh fellas? Always lots of talk (from you guys) about how great you are but since being promoted from the now defunct Div 3 - what have you done? I must say that this year has been noticeably quieter. Where's Arian (sp) and McSkinnynohandswhocan'tcontrolhistemper? What about your COLUMBIAN SUPERSTAR??? I thought he was the best player to ever play in the VMSL?

Come on out fellas...

What happened to McDirty??? Is he still suspended.

Oh, an update from the Watcher:

"Bandcamp....................Erion is to busy trying to earn a living now that he is no longer reaping the benifits of being one of the Watchers employees. McDirty has vanished but ICBC called me to help clarify the sordid details of his employment history."

Watcher, where is McDirty, the one time Sapperton B keeper??
Suspended, hurt, run over by a truck or what??

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos
Don't know where dirty is lurking these days but I have a sneaking suspicion he can be found prowling the mean streets of middlegate mall kingsway/edmonds at night. One thing is for sure. He wasn't at the Watcher's "return to striker" party to witness a natural hat trick this weekend at adanac. P.S. after pulling the Watcher with 30 min left for a anally retentive Yomama, the game completely reversed and NK had to hang on for a 3-2 victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0