Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Results & Banter - March-April 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
ByTheWay....Our 8pm kickoff today was well attended by the opposing sides and was only in lack of one important thing (A referee) called exec 1 and 2..N/A...

At this point, we don't know if the game was played.

Senior

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, the game between JB's and Royal was not played last night. Royal has other league games scheduled over the next couple of weeks and are also still in the hunt for the cup so not sure when this one will be made up. It will only be important to them if Royal can beat Signmaster when they play again, if not, then the JB's/Royal game will have no effect on the standings.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walking the dog today, and stopped to watch the Westside Rino "C"/ Surrey United 'C' match. I'd never seen either play, and must admit Rino looked good, dominating the grow-oppers/car thieves/b-and-e'ers/vandals/armed robbers team quite easily. The only thing worse than Surrey's shocking mid-80's uniforms was their back line (especially the right back, who was more concerned with maintaining his Backstreet Boys hairdo than actually playing), and--yuk yuk--their comedy keeper.

Having said that, number 11 for Rinos (and 13 to a lesser extent) terrorized the Surrey defense. I was impressed by their slick passing, speed et al. Surrey had some good midfielders, but sadly, they were bookended between a porous defence and a wasteful, clumsy front line. Props to Rinos, good match to watch.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino 4 - 1 Surrey

That's three straight wins for us, and the last two games we've been in really good form. It's really a shame that we had such a sluggish return after the long winter break or we would be challenging Richmond for the league lead. As it stands now I can't see them dropping points to Kosova/Zawisza/Socceroos in their final 3 games, so I guess they're going to take it.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From yesterday...

Belmont 2-1 EW

From what I hear it was a goon fest with 2 or 3 EW guys running around looking to injure instead of play soccer. The ref never jumped on it early and let things get out of hand. Not the first time I've heard this about EW this year :(

On a positive note, Belmont was easily the best team in our division over the last 2/3 of the season. Four early season ties and then almost all wins the rest of the way.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 3 - 0 Bombastic

NK had only 9 players to start the game but managed to hold Bombastic to a 0-0 scoreline at the half. Two subs showed up at the 40 minute mark, but our defense was doing so well we just kept them on the sidelines until the second half. ;)

In the second half, NK, inspired by fresh legs in the line-up, mounted wave after wave of attack onto the Bombastic defense securing three goals in the process. To be fair, Bombastic had a couple of chances in close but most shots were whistling in from outside the 18.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
From what I hear it was a goon fest with 2 or 3 EW guys running around looking to injure instead of play soccer. The ref never jumped on it early and let things get out of hand. Not the first time I've heard this about EW this year :(
Our experience exactly. The officiating in Div. 2 is just too inept to deal with actions by EW players that can't be described as anything but assault, with the fact that they occur during a football match evidently serving as some kind of excuse :(

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MacDonald 1-2 Yaletown

Brutal.
Brutal performance. Brutal pitch. Brutal wind. Unfathomably brutal officiating. Unfortunately for us, the only bright spot on the entire pitch was an outstanding display by MacDonald's keeper, who got to everything that wasn't completely unstoppable. I can't complain too much about the fact that their forward was a good four feet offside when he tapped in from a free kick near the end, since we should never have let the game get to the point where that goal would matter. I think we owe Rikashay an apology, since our third straight week of appalling finishing certainly made us come closer than any other side to dropping points against MacDonald :(
Should be a real clash of the titans next week against Champlain, who just got hammered 9-0 by ze Germans. If we turn in a performance similar to today's, it might be the world's first game to have a scoreline with negative numbers.
Brutal.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Oggy showing up to play Alemania, who I think is the best team in our group, with 9 players, one of which hasn't played since the begining of the year, will get you thumped. Whatever I'm too pissed to talk about it anymore. Hopefully we can turn in better numbers for our last game as a club by the looks of it.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
Well Oggy showing up to play Alemania, who I think is the best team in our group, with 9 players, one of which hasn't played since the begining of the year, will get you thumped.
Bummer. We had to dig similarly deeply into the reserves to field a side against MacDonald today. I hope we can both field full sides when we meet on Friday, since we had a pretty good match last time we met.

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a thought...

Norvan is out of the cup, and have no chance to win the league, so maybe they won't even end up making up that match against the Royals...

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp,

you're right about Elephant Walk (what the fcuk does that name mean??? a description of the criteria required to play for the team?? .........)

they are serious twats, and if any of them read or post here, I encourage them to go to the beach in the summer, so I can kick sand in their faces..........such yobbos....that's the thing I've been going on about in this league: teams like that (zero talent, fat bastards, pent up aggression to be vented on Sunday because they drive a minivan) are an embarrassment to the rest of us, and then there other teams who, whatever their shortcomings may be on the pitch (or not), are good guys to have a beer with after the match.............funny league, this

anyway, good on you for beating them.......

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
From yesterday...

Belmont 2-1 EW

On a positive note, Belmont was easily the best team in our division over the last 2/3 of the season. Four early season ties and then almost all wins the rest of the way.

come on dude... its over,get on with it!!all i hear on this site from you is how you got wronged yet still sneak away with victory ....every team here has had to deal with bad refs,calls,pitch,fans,aaaaaaannd...guys that cant play soccer...get over it man this is div 2!!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tiger said:
Just a thought...

Norvan is out of the cup, and have no chance to win the league, so maybe they won't even end up making up that match against the Royals...

The game still has promotion implications....

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
keane16 said:
Bandcamp,

you're right about Elephant Walk (what the fcuk does that name mean??? a description of the criteria required to play for the team?? .........)

they are serious twats, and if any of them read or post here, I encourage them to go to the beach in the summer, so I can kick sand in their faces..........such yobbos....that's the thing I've been going on about in this league: teams like that (zero talent, fat bastards, pent up aggression to be vented on Sunday because they drive a minivan) are an embarrassment to the rest of us, and then there other teams who, whatever their shortcomings may be on the pitch (or not), are good guys to have a beer with after the match.............funny league, this

anyway, good on you for beating them.......

Being on the recieving end of a Socceroo elbow last season which basically knocked me out, I can't agree more, especially when watching their play last summer at the beach tourney-bunch of ****ing goons. They are like a bad, drunk rugby team that got off the plane at the wrong airport, and with the usual gutless reffing in 2nd (cat included) they will injure someone badly one of these days. Just like the 3rd man in who smacked our player in the face at our game against City B last weekend who recieved only a yellow. Last time I looked that was an automatic ejection. It doesn't matter that there was 10 minutes left and it was 5-2- you should not get to play the following week for that behaviour.

Looks like our A boys are doing a good end of season slide :( . Hopefully we won't follow.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers has the promotion spot sewn up as does Shaheen. In 2A there is still some competition to be had. Royal and Signmaster both have 3 games left with Royal 3pts back.

Signmaster - Richmond, Royal, Richmond
Royal United - Cleo's, Signmaster, Norvan

Lots of different combinations to speculate on...Richmond usually plays well against good competition and Norvan would be happy to play spoiler.

On another note, Richmonds win this weekend secures them 5th spot and a ride to 2B next year where the 6 consecutive ties(Norvan vs Richmond) get put in the spotlight again...

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
angryman said:
Being on the recieving end of a Socceroo elbow last season which basically knocked me out, I can't agree more, especially when watching their play last summer at the beach tourney-bunch of ****ing goons. They are like a bad, drunk rugby team that got off the plane at the wrong airport, and with the usual gutless reffing in 2nd (cat included) they will injure someone badly one of these days. .

Hang on here for a second..... The only time I saw you on the beach last year was on the side lines,I don't remember hitting any spectators though.. As for our performance last year. Yes we were drunk in the finals...again.....but at least we keep getting to the finals every year.If you can't stand the heat, get the funck out of the kitchen. Or join a coed team.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
On another note, Richmonds win this weekend secures them 5th spot and a ride to 2B next year where the 6 consecutive ties(Norvan vs Richmond) get put in the spotlight again...
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to the league this year and was wondering how your position affects your placement next year (aside from promotion/relegation). We won't be budged out of 6th in 2C, so does that have any impact on next year's lineup? Cheers.

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Royals win all three of there games, and end up tying Signmaster (assuming Signmaster wins 2 of there games, but loses to Royals) the two will be tied. What will happen next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0