Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great set of lads; but the managers response today was an eye opener; he acted like a child; bet his son was proud of him...The fat racist prick ...
I was not there, so I can not comment. However, it does not surprise to hear this.
I hope that @bonefish and a few others in the Norvan administration look into the incident at handle it appropriately rather than just denying that it exists.
You know guys, if I raise an issue here, it does not come out of nowhere. I was a bit shocked the first time that I met the person because Canadians are polite and most are on top of basic racial/ethnic courtesy.
I am not kidding, when I go a see Norvan play, I take my dog, just in case. Since I have been offered to have my face smashed and body dragged on the ground, and this goes back before posting here and this season in the VMSL.
Obviously, he is a good coach, so perhaps, he just a need a bit of guidance from his colleagues at Norvan administration.
This is going to a hell of a an exciting end of the season going head to head with Norvan right until the last game. Even the Snipers are not completely out of the race.

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Contrary to the inevitable nonsense, I'd say we were on top or at least equals in the first half despite literally giving (and i mean give!) Campo 2 goals within the first 20 mins. The 3rd, fair play was a decent goal and at half time it was a somewhat flattering score line. 2nd half, they were content to pass it backwards and sidewards across their box for long periods so it was either sit and watch or have a go and press them which then lead to long balls over the top and in behind us for their pacey forwards which our old boy's legs couldn't catch in a foot race. We had no real answer for this and were well beaten in the 2nd half.

All in all though, very bad day at the office and no real complaints, they keep the ball very well and then have bags of pace to punish if given the space. Also the last goal was a particular good 'un with their guy spotting our keeper off his line from about 35-40 yards.

As for warming up Soccer Coach, you just don't see the warm up like we do, while you have your cones and music going we prefer to stand around chat and blast balls at our keeper however if we were down, you definitely raised our spirits watching you follow the ref around like his personal lap dog and peering over his shoulder while he checked our cards just in case you spotted that we were fielding Zinedine Zidane in a wig or something. Next time don't be so shy and quiet though, it only enhances that keyboard warrior reputation of yours.

Going to be an interesting last few games for GN, Campo and Norvan!

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously, he is a good coach...

Is he? One of his pearls of wisdom yesterday was to bellow out "get in the f*cking six(-yard box) and stay there!" at his players so loudly that the local Connaught Park residents were drawing their curtains closed. His style in the technical area yesterday seemed to be "the more screaming the better." I could never play for a manager like that.

Had some good banter with their laid-back goalkeeper, though!

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The referee was very good ... He also misscalled a couple of offsides, but this is not his fault. It is impossible to call them without assistants.

I'll never understand why unused players or coaches serve as assistant referees in lower division of VMSL - it's the most ridiculous pantomime. They rarely move, barely make any calls... what's the bloody point?

Luc

Nov 24, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 2 - 3 NorVan

2 competitive teams that gave it their all. Lomas 2-0 up with <10mins to go and somehow managed to lose 2-3.

But the referee!!!! fcuk me. And i don't say that just because he sent me off. He was throwing yellow cards out like they were going out of fashion. One of our centre halves played basketball on the edge of the box and got away with it. The NorVan boys complained and he flashed out a yellow card in the general direction of 3 of them. When they asked him who got booked he wouldn't tell them! Said if they kept talking there'd be more. What? At 2-0 their right back who's already on a yellow clatters our centre forward in a cynical manner (he ended up in hospital) and the ref just awarded the free kick. At 2-2, North Van broke and as they crossed half way with the entire back 4 still to beat i clipped the lads heels. Down he went and i was fully prepared to take my 2nd yellow but thought he might let is slide as he just had for their guy. But no, the ref has his own rule book and it wasn't a second yellow, was a straight red. I think that won worst decision he made of the game but that was a very competitive category. It honestly looked like he flipped a coin on every decision as to which way to give it. If anything, it even brought a bit of camaraderie between the two sides; united in sheer bemusement around what was going to happen next.

I respect every referee that's willing to go out there as the game couldn't happen without them but i think this guy should just find a new hobby. He ruined a lot of people's afternoons and he can't have enjoyed being screamed at for 90 minutes. 6 yellow cards and 2 reds for a game that was in no way nasty.

North Van hit 2 very good free kicks and there was an ugly bit of afters at full time which we could have done without. It's only a game and there's no need to get nasty once the final whistle blows. That being said, North Van were one of the few teams in the past 10 years that have come into the club house for a scoop and quick game of arraz so fair play to them.

Good luck to Norvan and good luck to whoever has that referee next week.

Cyrus

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
From an upset member of the Twin Arrows... I was absolutely disgusted by Astro. Shameful performance. They kept the ball a majority of the time in the first half and wouldn't even include us in their passes. After they scored their first goal, they had the audacity to continue attacking and prevent us from holding possession. I thought it was our turn to score? We had a few chances later on, but in the last five minutes, they showed their lack of class by running up the score to 2-0. I was hoping for 1-1 draw and sharing points with them, but Astro selfishly took everything.

I'd upload a youtube video comparing this to a professional match but there was nothing professional about the way Astro played. Seriously though, we love them and none of the above was true except for them winning 2-0.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From an upset member of the Twin Arrows... I was absolutely disgusted by Astro. Shameful performance. They kept the ball a majority of the time in the first half and wouldn't even include us in their passes. After they scored their first goal, they had the audacity to continue attacking and prevent us from holding possession. I thought it was our turn to score? We had a few chances later on, but in the last five minutes, they showed their lack of class by running up the score to 2-0. I was hoping for 1-1 draw and sharing points with them, but Astro selfishly took everything.

I'd upload a youtube video comparing this to a professional match but there was nothing professional about the way Astro played. Seriously though, we love them and none of the above was true except for them winning 2-0.
Hey @Soccer Coach: take note! @Cyrus great post.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
a) I am sorry to hear about it. It is not nice when a good and key game gets ruined like that.
b) Perhaps talk to your manager and send a report to the league. It might help in the long run. We used to get referees with some limitations, but we wrote to league. I do not know if it worked or if was pure coincidence, but we have been getting good referees. For example our game with Norvan was intense, but we got a Premier referee and he kept things under control (i.e I think that he was Oliva or De Oliva). I also have the impression that the referee of Campo-Greencaps was high in the referee chain.
c) I am also sorry to hear that your player ended up in the hospital. I also would tend to agree that many referees here tend to allow serious foul play more than they should. However, this is subjective. Still I would put it on the report.
All the best in your Cup and League games.
d) Would you mind sharing the name of the referee?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Contrary to the inevitable nonsense, I'd say we were on top or at least equals in the first half despite literally giving (and i mean give!) Campo 2 goals within the first 20 mins. The 3rd, fair play was a decent goal and at half time it was a somewhat flattering score line. 2nd half, they were content to pass it backwards and sidewards across their box for long periods so it was either sit and watch or have a go and press them which then lead to long balls over the top and in behind us for their pacey forwards which our old boy's legs couldn't catch in a foot race. We had no real answer for this and were well beaten in the 2nd half.

All in all though, very bad day at the office and no real complaints, they keep the ball very well and then have bags of pace to punish if given the space. Also the last goal was a particular good 'un with their guy spotting our keeper off his line from about 35-40 yards.

As for warming up Soccer Coach, you just don't see the warm up like we do, while you have your cones and music going we prefer to stand around chat and blast balls at our keeper however if we were down, you definitely raised our spirits watching you follow the ref around like his personal lap dog and peering over his shoulder while he checked our cards just in case you spotted that we were fielding Zinedine Zidane in a wig or something. Next time don't be so shy and quiet though, it only enhances that keyboard warrior reputation of yours.

Going to be an interesting last few games for GN, Campo and Norvan!
WARNING: Reader discretion is advised. Do not read if previous posts have given you strong emotional responses.

Farquea: Next time don't be so shy and quiet though...
Reply: There is no need to utter a single word when you know that you are about to crush someone.

We understood well that the "unstoppable" Greencaps are one of the strongest teams on the division. On a good day, they can score good goals and win against any team. We took them seriously and took the time to prepare for this game. We observed their last two games and planned accordingly. Their weaknesses were exploited, and they have received the worst defeat in the history of their club.

Campo Atletico 6 - Greencaps 0
or
"People should know when they are conquered"

Grey skies and light rain welcome the Greencaps as they enter the home of Campo Atletico. Their faces are somber and their walk is lethargic. Perhaps they sense and feel their fate. In silence, they walk by their opponents. Those who once they took for granted, but now they fear. Little did they know that they are about to receive their most crushing defeat.

The whistle blows and the ball rolls towards Campo's side. The Greencaps chase and leave huge space behind their defense and between their lines. Campo patiently waits for the right opportunity to strike. It is only a matter of time before the Greencaps will be having to retreat the ball from their net.

Three minutes into the game the Greencaps defense shows one of their vulnerable points. Campos winger beats his marker and makes a ground cross and the balls goes swiftly by the 6" yard box, as their frozen keeper sees two Campo players charging. They barely miss the ball. The Greencaps have escaped from receiving the first goal.

The Greencaps respond with a long ball. The receiving player is offside, but the referee misses it. The subsequent crossed lands perfectly on the forward, but he shoots wide. An error that men in Green will regret as a few seconds later Campo scores.

Campo players caged well the Greencaps players. The midfielders intercept the ball, create a combination and transition into the attack swiftly. The forward receives a nice diagonal ground pass, and smashes the ball in to the top left corner. The Greencaps goaltender dives to make the goal even more memorable.

The second goal comes from the exact same situation. The only difference is that this time the forward is given the ball in the air. He calmly chips the ball over the keeper.

Two goals in the first 10 minutes of play from the exact same weakness.

Campo switches their wingers to match their counterparts accordingly. One of the wingers dances around his defender over and over. Right, left, right, left and this leaves the defense completely distracted. The subsequent cross finds a completely free forward who simply extend the foot and the ball is in the net.

The second half is a bit different. The Greencaps retreat and try to defend. Perhaps they want to avoid an embarrassing defeat. Thus, Campo players bait them out of their defensive position. We know that the forwards will beat them in the one versus one situations. They are tired. Same as the Meraloma game. Their back line is gasping for air after every run, and can not keep up, but they keep the line of the defense high. We know that they will crack sooner or later, and indeed they did.

The fourth goal was a pass behind the high line of defense that resulted in a nice cross to the back post. The lonely forward head the ball into the net.

The fifth goal was another pass behind the high line of defense that left the goalie badly positioned (perhaps he thought that he could get the ball) and the striker punished him for this positional error.

The sixth goal was yet another pass behind the high line. The forward run toward the ball and shoot, but the keeper saved it. The second forward put the ball into the net.

There were two more clear chances that Campo forwards could have capitalized, but their goalkeeper saved them well.

As we walked out of the field. One of our friends commented: "I do not think that those guys really understood what hit them in the game, I bet that they thought that they were level to you guys". I shook my head in disbelief.

But now I see that indeed we do see the game of football even more differently that what I previously thought.

True Lies

Nov 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo 6 Greencaps 0

Campo play good entertaining soccer. All six goals showed creativity and talent. Greencaps had no answer. Not a rough game but not an easy game to referee without assistants.

As for the Coach.. He seems to be doing a lot right. Perhaps he needs to swear and abuse referees more to gain TTP acceptance.

Really looking forward to Norvan Campo square off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0