Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks is right. I don't really know the back-end of the story, but no team should opt out of promotion. We thought about it last year, considering we scraped to the title on the back of many small victories - no dominations. We were worried that we would get murdered and it would be no fun. As it happens, as long as you have good people in your team, the camaraderie is just as strong, if not stronger. Furthermore, when you do pinch results it is a most glorious of feelings.

Div1 is a big step up from Div2, as we have found to our peril. We are almost certain to come back down after our one season, but I wouldn't have done it differently. As it happens, if you apply yourself in training, and have good team spirit, you can match anyone on the day. The game we lost 7-3 to Ajyal was 1-0 to us, and 2-2 at halftime (then the wheels fell off, the engine blew up and god knows what else happened). The major difference is the ability of Div1 teams to keep the ball, and the quality of finishing/punishment.

If I can offer any advice, it would be to give it a go. Its a different season, a longer season for sure, but its just as fun. If you get relegated, tant pis! Go down and try it all again the next year. That's what we're gonna do!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm. I see for instance that Caspian (3rd place in div 2A) are playing Norvan (7th place in div 2A). But maybe they were below 4th when the draw happened.

Sorry, top 4 means the three group leaders and best 2nd place team.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Romania
Right down to the wire and to only one point
The title came down to winning at the 18th game
Good luck in div 1

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can tell you it's not going easy next year to move up. With less teams. Romanioa is going to change five six guys if the hope to stay in div one. Best of luck to them. They should call Hojie to coach. Then they will stay in div one.

RickG

May 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma's A 2, Bowen Island FC 0. Pretty easy win for the Meraloma's with Bowen struggling to replace injured and absent players and barely able to put a team on the pitch. We had 3 new guys on the pitch today who have never played with the team before. First half was all Meraloma's and they could have had 4 easily with better luck and better finishing. Score was 2-0 at the half. But, in the second half the Boners picked it up and I thought we outplayed them. Interesting to play a Div. 2 side for the first time. In our division, 3B, Greencaps and Snipers are miles better than Meraloma's and I'd say Cosmos and Astros are on par.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 2 - 0 Bowen

Pretty much on cruise control for the second half and as mentioned above, Bowen seemed to have a bit more drive than we did in the last 45, but hardly threatened. We were quite depleted today and only had 11 players. Lots of key injuries and a suspension...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 2 Cup
Euro FC 4 Celtic 0

Really tough to play with only 10 guys, especially against a team that's used to playing against competition a level up. Euro full value for the win, but very proud of the Bhoys after this one for leaving it all on the pitch. Even having another body would have made a huge difference, and the guys who were out there knew that.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tanoa vs. Richmond abandoned due to a brawl. Both teams are out. Unicorns advance to round 3 with a BYE!

platypus

Dec 1, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess INC is for incomplete? Says 3-2 PK for Saudi Arabia now.
Yeah apparently the floodlights went out before they could do the shootout, so they had to reschedule for yesterday I suppose. No pressure waiting for 2 days just to take a PK!

cupcake

Jan 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah apparently the floodlights went out before they could do the shootout, so they had to reschedule for yesterday I suppose. No pressure waiting for 2 days just to take a PK!

I wonder how many practice shots they got in during those 2 days.

cupcake

Jan 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round two:

Metropolitan FC ‘A’ - South Delta Rangers ‘A
‘B’ United - South Delta Royals ‘A’
Falconetti’s Eastside ‘A’ - Croatia SC Stallions ‘B’
BYE - Unicorns FC
FC Romania ‘A’ - Winner of Game 18
West Van Royals - Westside FC ‘B’
Vancouver Strikers - Twin Arrows