Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter

davey_bc said:
Mackers,

PGU, 7th in our group in 2B allready knocked off Temple B 5th place cat.

Please, you guys crossed half a total of two times in the second half, and we took the piss out of you lot, it was just tough to score because you guys placed 10 guys in front of your net for the whole second half. Yeah you guys won the game, but you lot got very lucky. The funniest thing was the Ref after the game commenting to me that he had never seen a game where one team dominated to the point we did, and still lost. On top of that, we had sent three of our starters to the "A" team for the Imperial cup, guys whom start for us, but see limited time or no time "A" team. Two Cat "A" this year is alot different than Two Cat last year, as the league moved all the crappy teams into Two Cat "B" including the Lobbans.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Truth is I havn't seen Belmont play, but I know that some ex Point Grey rangers are playing with them and they had some decent players at one time. Perhaps there better players are gone. As for Kosovo who we played twice, they had a couple good midfieldiers and a speedy back, otherwise pretty average. As I posted before, hard work and a little luck can get you far in cup play. A team that can conrtol 80% of the play with nice passing doesn't always win, they still have to break down the defense and score.

Hummer,

Yes, the smoke was nice this morning, and early in the year I did consider ping pong. After my wife witness my depression, she sent me back to play again. Even though I said I would take the year off having a newborn and a 4 year old. Thank god she did that our I would be Davey divorced.

Mackers, Please post on the Signmaster, and the Royal game. I am interested. Good luck.

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

And now for a slightly different recap re: NK/Shaheen

Early on there were chances on either end, but two near-in posts for NK. Finally we capitalize and make it 1-0 on a nice individual effort. Then with the ball rolling out to half after a clearance, our left SB fires it to the net (honestly, from about 45 yards out) and has it drop and curve under the bar and just past the keeper's reaching hands. Amazing goal. 2-0, half ends. Two substitutes are made (both b/c of minor injuries, IIRC), but NK doesn't subsequently fall apart as the watcher would like you to believe. ~15 minutes in NK goes up 3-0. Afterwards we become complacent and sit back on our heels, allowing them to push forward with little problem. Three more substitutes are made and none for the backline (two SBs were indisposed). Shaheen, with credit to them, did not give up and continued pressing. A first and very unfortunate goal (keeper mishandled) and then two impressive ones to tie it up just before the game would end. Shaheen capitalized on the few chances that they had, simply put. The game then went into extratime where, besides one ridiculous chance for Shaheen that was thwarted miraculously, little happened..... until the the lights went out a little too early and made the 110 minutes that had been played completely f*cking pointless! Whatever, we're confident that another game will have Shaheen find a more determined, resilient NK.

Watcher, how are they going to proceed? A rematch, surley not 5 minutes and a shoot out. Davey.
Full rematch

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

rikashay said:
i agree with both of you guys that belmont don't play the prettiest brand of soccer but what they do well is grind,muck,tackle,and really piss you off and get under your skin.From the sidelines it does look like shite but it is a difficult style to play(win)against.

I was driving by yesterday and saw Walks, so I stopped for a while.
Shocking.
And as for difficult to play against, some advise. When you play with sh!te try not to get it on yourself. Don't mix it up, keep the ball and let it do the work. That way you won't smell when you get home.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

keane16,

Slow down, turbo.........

Obviously you haven't seen me run :rolleyes:

davey,

I agree the field was absolute shite, I sure hope we don't have to play Signmaster there next week. As for each team having some decent players... I would say Belmont's only stand-out was #2 who had pace and could finish but do not rate him as a skillfull player and yes the two lads in the middle of the park for Kosova were decent but were absolute pansies that would shy away from every tackle.

I do think we would have beat both those teams on that field and as for backing up my shite I think we have done a pretty good job of it this year so far; 14 wins, 3 ties, 1 loss, 3 cup wins, second most points in all of Div. 2, but you're right, we need to keep proving ourselves because it will be all for not if we lose next weekend :(

Cheers, mackers.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Please, you guys crossed half a total of two times in the second half, and we took the piss out of you lot, it was just tough to score because you guys placed 10 guys in front of your net for the whole second half. Yeah you guys won the game, but you lot got very lucky. The funniest thing was the Ref after the game commenting to me that he had never seen a game where one team dominated to the point we did, and still lost. On top of that, we had sent three of our starters to the "A" team for the Imperial cup, guys whom start for us, but see limited time or no time "A" team. Two Cat "A" this year is alot different than Two Cat last year, as the league moved all the crappy teams into Two Cat "B" including the Lobbans.
If PGU had gotten hammered in the next round after beating you guys, I might be more sympathetic to your plight. However, the fact that they went on to beat Rino's Div. 1 side and undefeated Binger's makes me far less inclined to think it a fluke. The reason sides such as Shaheen and PGU have made it as far as they have is that they can finish the very few chances they have, and in the back they can rely on the incompetence of other team's strikers to keep the damage low.
When we went out to Shaheen in the last round, they had five chances and scored four goals, while we had ten chances and scored one. As much as I would love to believe that we were simply unlucky, the fact is that we (i.e. me) were not as disciplined in front of net. If this sort of thing happens once against a team, you can call it a fluke, but in the case of losses to Shaheen, PGU, etc., some serious self-criticism might be a bit more productive than simply blaming Fortuna. Otherwise, you'll just lose the next encounter with them in the same way, and we'll all get to hear the same rant.
Good luck to the final four...

-oggy

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's my take on PGU ... they ARE shite.

The best analogy I can give you is to liken them to the Minnesota Wild. Do they have skilled players? No. Are they a joy to watch? No. Are they tough to play against? Yes. Will they win it all? Definitley not.

They play an incredibly boring defensive system, with 10 men behind the ball at almost all times. For them, I guess it's the right thing to do because they just don't have the talent to play an open-style of game.

I can only hope that Royal knocks them out, because I think it would be very unfortunate for them to get anywhere near the finals and possibly represent the VMSL in the Provincials. You can only grind out so many wins, and at a provincial tourney with multiple games in a short time-frame they will get slaughtered.

tiger

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can someone / anyone please post as soon as they find out the score in the Signmaster Vs. Richmond match?!?!

Thanks!

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
Truth is I havn't seen Belmont play, but I know that some ex Point Grey rangers are playing with them and they had some decent players at one time. Perhaps there better players are gone. As for Kosovo who we played twice, they had a couple good midfieldiers and a speedy back, otherwise pretty average. As I posted before, hard work and a little luck can get you far in cup play. A team that can conrtol 80% of the play with nice passing doesn't always win, they still have to break down the defense and score.

Mackers, Please post on the Signmaster, and the Royal game. I am interested. Good luck.

davey_bc,

I checked out the Kosova vs Belmont.. Ugly game to watch...
No flow... Rarely ever consecutive passes.. miss kick after miss kick..
Belmont brought there hard hats and lunch buckets and grinded it out and good for them.. Wins arnt always pretty and this was one of them....
Kosova's defense as a unit is terrible.. Yes the centre mids on Kosova are very good but thats it.

Signmaster won today...There Richmond oppositon had 7 players.. The goalie got hurt and the game was called.
2 nil Signmaster..

Deucy.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

tiger said:
Can someone / anyone please post as soon as they find out the score in the Signmaster Vs. Richmond match?!?!

Thanks!
Tiger,
I went too check out the signmaster vs Richmond game...
It was shocking too only see 7 players on the field....
The goalie got hurt after the second goal went by him... The game was called, and that was it.. Cuz you cant play with six.
2 nil signmaster.

Deucy.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza said:
I can only hope that Royal knocks them out, because I think it would be very unfortunate for them to get anywhere near the finals and possibly represent the VMSL in the Provincials. You can only grind out so many wins, and at a provincial tourney with multiple games in a short time-frame they will get slaughtered.

Can someone tell me about the Provincials?
I've never heard of Div 2 Provincials. How do you qualify.?
Do you have to win the cup? Become one of the final 4, or final 2..

CuriousDeucy.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I guess the cougars are already golfing. Shite day for that though.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Oggy,

I could care less what happened with PGU after we played them. Fact is we pissed all over them, and lost. Simple as that. We do not need to look at what we did wrong, we played an awesome game, and got unlucky. PGU plays a style of game that works for them, and I give them credit for that.

P.S. I have seen Yaletown FC play, and we would piss all over you too. :D

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

GURPS,

Don't even think of pissing on us, you minging little twat, keep your internet fantasies to yourself...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yaletown FC 2 Ronald McDonald 1

Hey Keane16, why don't you stop worrying about what I am typing, and concentrate on why you lot beat probably the worst team to ever set in Div two by only one goal. :D

Well Done!

:wa:

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Furthermore, it's a fcuking embarrassment to see how much armchair quarterbacking, and sideline expertise this site gets.......I can't remember the last time one of you (too many of you cavilers to list) said anything approaching a compliment to how ANYONE in this division plays...............the bottom line is that this is the equivalent to rec league footie, like it or not. It's not the premier league, nor the first division, though at times I wish it were, as there would be less whinging.

Fact is, there are plumbers everywhere, people who can't pass to save their lives, hit the water if they fell out of a boat etc., BUT there are good players on most teams. First of all, though I have no more affiliation with Belmont than talking with one of their players yesterday over a beer after their game, their number 2 IS a skilled player (contrary to what Mackers the Enigma said in an earlier posting). He scored a hattrick with minimal effort (the second a solo run and and nice cutback anyone would be proud of).........Oggy, who plays on my team is similarly dominant (consecutive hat tricks earlier this season), but more likely than not, one of you pundits brings a lawnchair to a game, sees one of these guys fluff a header or make a stray pass, and all of the sudden they're "not rated". Absurd.

The quality of Div. 2 is not that great, yet nearly all of you clamber over each other to be declared the tallest of the midgets, at the expense of slagging every other player in the league who happens not to play for your team.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Yaletown FC 2 Ronald McDonald 1

Hey Keane16, why don't you stop worrying about what I am typing, and concentrate on why you lot beat probably the worst team to ever set in Div two by only one goal. :D

Well Done!

:wa:

OUCH!!!! "worst team ever" ... "only by one goal" ...
Getem Gurps.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Deuce, good luck the rest of the way in the Cup. You guys have a good team, and should do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0