Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter - Prelims/1stRound

Socceroos said:
As far as the Signmaster dudes are concerned.....tough shite, we will try and hurt as many as possible.
That's quite the reputation you're developing.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Socceroos said:
Alright then C-men 4 Richmond United 1.........I can't really predict Point Grey to beat Sikh Temple.
As far as the Signmaster dudes are concerned.....tough shite, we will try and hurt as many as possible.

Startin shite again eh Peter Kangaroo.
Mr. Stirthepot.

You worry about your first round.
Signmaster will be a diffacult task for your roos.

As you say,
Yours truly Deucebag.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mickster,

I saw Reuben's info on the website, was hoping for an email address, but thanks anyways.

Mackers, I've got you guys making the final 8 but then bowing out to Signmaster in the quarters.

We will not see Signmaster until the semi-finals if we get that far but thanks for having us go to the final 8

Socceroos,

What ever happened to taking the piss. You all sound like a bunch of guys trying to pick each other up. Go and get a room homos. Let's get ugly in here again.

You're absolutely right, I was going to say something but was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside !

Where did you get the photo of Mackers boyfriend?

Better not let your mom know you are making fun of her picture :(

Cheers, mackers.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Socceroos,

I forgot to add, thanks for the prediction on our game, that pretty well seals up the victory for us knowing your prediction success ;)

Cheers, mackers.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Deuce said:

Signmaster will be a diffacult task for your roos.

As you say,
Yours truly Deucebag.

I don't think it makes any "diffarance" who we play, we shoud be able to give em' a run. Maybe we get lucky and have the E-Walk in the 3rd round,now that would be nice.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Socceroos said:
I don't think it makes any "diffarance" who we play, we shoud be able to give em' a run. Maybe we get lucky and have the E-Walk in the 3rd round,now that would be nice.

Rooo.
If I were you , I wouldnt be wondering about luck in the third round.
I would be praying for luck if I were you in the 1st round.
Signmaster Sc 10-wins, 1-tie, 1- loss, 36-Gf, and only 7 against...
roos record.
3- wins 1-tie, 7 losses, 17-gf and 22 against. -
YIKES!!!!!!!
Deucy.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good luck to all the teams in Div 2 Cup.

Play smart, do not scream and swear at the referees because you will end up with a red card and miss the following games if your team manages to win after you've put them shorthanded.

My thinking on this draw is that the top half is extremely strong -- Signmaster, Royal United, Binger's Army, Bombastic SC A, Richmond United B, Westside Rino C, Surrey United C, Sikh Temple B are all in it. Meanwhile the bottom half should be an easy route for Shaheen.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey SmartCoach it doesn't look like you are all that smart. The Ravens will advance and will be tough for the top half and so will the Burnaby Fury if they can beat Westside C. Also if you think Shaheen will have an easy route then you must be smoking something man. Belmont, Yaletown, Westside Knights, Alemania, Norvan JB's and Richmond FC could all end up in the bottom half if they advance, some are already thru, so how is that an easy route?

Question to anyone that has faced Surrey United C. Are they still a really young team that runs forever and are they the same team as previous years?

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CK,

We played Surrey last weekend. They aren't that young from what I remember but play some decent soccer. They do seem fairly fit but if you keep possession and move the ball to your front runners they do have a weak backline, speciall the lad at right back. Their keeper was shocking as well, but I suspect that he was not the regular 'keep.

Good luck this weekend !

Cheers, mackers.

PS. Where is Champlain Heights Park ? Is it behind the elementary school or behind the rec centre. I live walking distance from there but am sure which field it was. I would have come to watch but the women's team I coach is playing at 2:00 as well.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well Champlain's Keeper, I can't say I've ever had a chance to see Ravens play so it's hard for me to rate them. Looking at the draw however, if they can beat Sporting Punjab, I think they will quite likely beat B United and make the 3rd round.

As for the teams you listed in the bottom half to challenge Shaheen, perhaps Alemania will, but the other Div 2C teams have already been handled by Shaheen in league this year, Richmond FC is NOT the team they were last year, Westside Knights have an old and depleted squad, and the JB's well... it's just not going to happen.

Mackers, shame on you giving these Champlain guys false hope. It's going to be an easy walk in the park for the Surrey boys against Champlain. I'd guess a scoreline of 4-0.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lads,

I can't wait to play this weekend and get this cup run started, here are my picks for this weekend:

Surrey United C - sorry Champlain :rolleyes:
IFC Zawisza - IFC are 3 wins, 1 tie and a loss going in
Norvan JB's - strictly a standings decision
Bombastic C - Rangers seem to be dropping off lately and will have no help from their A team
West Van Royals - I didn't know they played soccer in Yaletown ?
Sikh Temple B - they'll lose a couple guys to their A team but will still beat PG U
Westside Rino C - sounds like they will get help from their affiliate team and should be strong
Westside Knights - strictly a standings decision
Richmond FC - got to go with a fellow Richmond squad !
Ravens FC - I have a niece named Raven :D
Alemania SC - if you can score 15 goals in one game you must be doing something right, I don't care who the opposition is
City FC Cobras - not much to like about this game, hate the City FC name but Bosna has not won a game yet
Maplewood United - will never promote a team named Socceroos(assuming the A team's nickname is the same?)
Croatia SC United - won their last meeting
Richmond United B - obvious reasons
Bombastic SC A - Kosova cannot field a team on Saturday's :rolleyes: not taking anything away from Bomb's record.
Nomads B - MacDonald Realty 103 goals against.....'nuff said !!

Good luck to all this weekend....except Westside C-Men :D

Cheers, mackers.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SmartCoach,

Mackers, shame on you giving these Champlain guys false hope.

Please see my above predictions. I wasn't saying theyt could beat Surrey just trying to help them out ;)

Cheers, mackers.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard Surrey "C" does the same thing as Westside, and does not enter a Div One cup team. So, they should be pretty tough in the cup, using any Div one players who were not signed for Imperial.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Apparently 2 years ago Surrey was supposed to kill us as well and it was 2-2 with five to go and a crap goal squeaked under me. All I remember from that game was us in their end for I'd say over half and not being able to score. I don't know if they've changed at all from that year but our team is ready for a battle as I'm sure they will be and I can say I'm pretty confident the score will not be 4-0.

Mackers it is the field behind the rec centre on Maquinna Drive or whatever the street is called. Ok pitch but as usual they put a few baseball diamonds to ruin it at the corners. Also SmartCoach I don't know if you would call Shaheen beating teams in our group by a goal or two as beating them handily but as I stated these teams can and will challenge Shaheen. Belmont is playing well as of late, yes Bandcamp you guys have a good team, and if we were able to take a point from them this season then I'm sure the teams I listed before are capable of winning. Richmond United B will go out in the round of 16 :eek: ...good luck.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Champlain's Keeper said:
Richmond United B will go out in the round of 16 :eek: ...good luck.

I highly doubt that. Richmond should do very well in the cup, but i guess anything can happen.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cup play is all about the upset...that is what makes it fun. Don't worry Smart Coach, Gurps, and Mackers, I have y'all picked into the round of 16...

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Richmond United B will go out in the round of 16 ...good luck.

CK,

If all goes as planned, we will meet Shaheen in the "Round of 16" and by the looks and sounds of things they will be a tough opponent, I gain my confidence however, in the fact they tied you lot, they obviously can't be that good then ;)

Cheers, mackers.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bonefish, you have us in to the round of 16? I think we should be able to win this weekend, but playing the winner of Westside and Fury will be a very tough challenge for us. But...who knows. :confused:

Anyways, we will see what happens with PGU this weekend. Although they are near the bottom of there division, it looks like they have beaten some good teams(Punjab Sporting) and been competive in most of the others.

Hopefully our guys spend saturday night at home drinking milk and eating cookies(1% milk and no fat cookies that is) but something tells me (I think it may be the guest list we have at Au Bar :D ) that isn't going to happen.

Interesting to see no Croatia Classic in the cup....unlesss I missed seeing there name in the draw.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

mackers said:
CK,

If all goes as planned, we will meet Shaheen in the "Round of 16" and by the looks and sounds of things they will be a tough opponent, I gain my confidence however, in the fact they tied you lot, they obviously can't be that good then ;)

Cheers, mackers.

Actually you will face either Surrey, Bosna, City FC Cobra's or us if you make it that far. The cup link is still screwed, notice the first game they have is winner of 17 vs 18 in the round of 16 when the 17th game is in the prelims. Click under any of the div 2 links and look at that schedule as it is more accurate. Now when I stated this I had no idea it could have been us that could potentially be there so now I will try and make sure our team can make it to the 16 and live up to my end of the bargain :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0