Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter - Prelims/1stRound

JB's the favourites? Come on Erion...are they leading their division? Do they have a history of amazing cup success? Great fellas with the Beam bottles apres game but not the favourites I'm affraid.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bandcamp,

Don't you know pre-game posturing when you see it?

Yes Erion,
We are the "favorites" (at least in my pool, as I can never seem to bet against my own team). Seriously though, anything and everything can happen in Cup play, especially in the early rounds. I don't believe you were on the "train" when the JB's were known as NSU. Our teams had some intense battles on the pitch and TTP. I expect the game to be a good one.

See you in a couple of weeks.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watcher, can you see the headlines now...."Beam involved in Train Derailment, Many Croatian Casualties" details to follow in a couple of weeks..

Bandcamp... I think Erion was only talking favourite in our game against them. Div 2 cup favourites only in the cup pool selections of mine and Bones!! Bingers, Sign, and Royal could all be cup favourites.... glad they're all on the other side and we'll only have to beat one of them in the finals!!! We could meet you guys in the semi's if the balls bounce well for us but we'll have to have extra beam on hand with you and Kurgan around. Good thing Max is still enjoying warm beer across the pond or there wouldn't be enough beam to go around!!

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any word on how many Div 2 teams will be representing the VMSL in the Prov "B' Cup? I hope its a road trip and not here

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have no idea about the Provincial B Cup, how does it work, who's elegible for it, when is it played ??

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Provincial "B" Cup (aka The Keith Miller Cup) will be awarded June 3-5, 2005. Generally only the 2 finalists from the VMSL Div 2 Cup are invited to enter. My crystal ball shows both finalists to be from div 2A. The rest of you may as well pack it up early this year......

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

C'mon ladies....let's see some first round predictions :D

Weren't four teams invited from the VMSL div 2 last year to the "B" Cup?

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps,

Before predicting your outcome, I want to know if that team on Saturday will be the team you will be submitting to the cup or will you lose some to the A team for the Imperial ??

Cheers, mackers.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Basically the same team you played, less two guys (not the two centre mids).
We will also have our goalie back, as well as one other starter whom can only make Sunday games. Thus, I would say we would be at about 90% in terms of the team that played you guys. Our finishing will be our downside.

Having said that, if we win our first game, we run into either Westside or Burnaby Fury whom played Div one last year, and WestSide is basically all Div one "Cat" players, so we have a very tough draw.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
and WestSide is basically all Div one "Cat" players, so we have a very tough draw.

hey whats the deal with players coming down to play in cup games.In years past with the firemen,i know we were not allowed to go down for cup games.it also says on vmsl website:
The CAT system will NOT be in effect during Cup play.

whats the deal anyways??

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rikashay from what I understand they (Westside) did not enter the div. 1 cup so their players are available for the div.2 cup. I think the Cat system will not be in effect is for the 2 cat teams being able to participate, remember we don't play them during the year but they are allowed in the cup. From what keeper mentioned and what I've seen in previous years all is good.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't know exactly but Burnaby has a good team, should be a good game one which I think Burnaby will win.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

rikashay said:
hey whats the deal with players coming down to play in cup games.In years past with the firemen,i know we were not allowed to go down for cup games.it also says on vmsl website:
The CAT system will NOT be in effect during Cup play.

whats the deal anyways??
Anyone in the CAT system for a particular club can play with any one team they like during cup so long as they are properly signed/transfered before the deadline. The deadline passed, and Rino/Nicholas made the appropriate changes. Knowing they wouldn't enter a team in the Div 1 Cup, they moved some of their players to Westside Rino's C.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper,

I noticed a scoring error in one of our games a couple weeks, i'm sure it's Reuben who I should contact about it, do you have an email addy for him ?

Gurps,

Sounds like you should have decent squad, if those 2 lads in the middle can finish off the runs they make through team's backline's you should be successfull in the cup, theygave us fits in the first half of our game but could not finish their chances.

I still fancy our chances in the cup this year, we've got the Westside C-Men first and if we get by them we play a Point Grey team that is currently last in their division. We've also won this thing as well about 3 or 4 years ago.

Cheers, mackers.

PS. Gurps, i'll think about my predictions and get back to you.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't Mackers, sorry. I've never needed to reach him. But if Stranger happens to see this post, perhaps he can get it to you.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mackers....

You guys should have no problem making it into the third round.

You should easily beat both Westside-C Men as well as Point Grey.

Like I said, hopefullw we can get into round two, and if we do, we will most likely end up playing a team that has a very good chance of going deep in the cup.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

What ever happened to taking the piss. You all sound like a bunch of guys trying to pick each other up. Go and get a room homos. Let's get ugly in here again.

I know that the C-men will kick your ass Gurpy, so don't worry about the next round.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Socceroos said:
I know that the C-men will kick your ass Gurpy, so don't worry about the next round.

We don't play the C-Men, we play Point Grey, the C-Men play Richmond United.

Looks like you got a tough draw Socceroos, drawing Signmaster. :D

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Alright then C-men 4 Richmond United 1.........I can't really predict Point Grey to beat Sikh Temple.
As far as the Signmaster dudes are concerned.....tough shite, we will try and hurt as many as possible.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mackers.... you can reach Rueben through his phone/fax/cell numbers all posted on the vmsl site.

I think the Roos are in trouble in the first round with Signmaster. Gurps should win their prelim game but then are in tough against Westside. Mackers, I've got you guys making the final 8 but then bowing out to Signmaster in the quarters.

Prelim Predictions....

PGU vs Temple B
Fury vs Rino C
Sporting vs Ravens
E-Walk A vs Maplewood
Bomb A vs Kosova
Champlain vs Surrey Utd C
City Cobras vs Bosna
Rich Utd B vs C-Men
Croatia SC vs Bomb B
WV Royals vs Yaletown
NKH vs Norvan JB's (in a major train derailment :D )
Lobbans B vs Alemania
IFC Zawisza vs Indo-Akal B
RFC vs Norvan B
MacDonald Realty vs Nomads B
Cleo's vs Westside Knights
Bomb C vs WFC Rangers B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money