Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd buy it at that price and have the AFTN Fury. My soccer dreams come true! :wa:
But would you show up to practice in the rain twice a week?

Seriously though, are you allowed to split and have a standalone team if you wanted to or would that have had to have been done at the start of the season? Genuinely curious!
I would guess the latter, but no one really knows. Also, if it came down to it I think we would probably kick Tigers out of the club before we would ever abandon it ourselves :p

Massive congrats btw on a great season.
Thanks! I think you skipped just about enough games for us to avoid your curse and pull it off :cigar:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were there many additions to the team since we played you guys last season? You had three really strong centre mids, really good players. Overall a good team. Congrats to both you and Campo for having a good season!

The core of the team stayed the same. We lost both our strikers from last year in the offseason (one to TRU Wolfpack in Kamloops, and one to injury), so we got very lucky to find our Scottish Peter Crouch who looks likely to win the golden boot.

We had 2 other key pickups to start the year, but then lost 3 guys at the Christmas break. We managed to pull in a couple more guys in the new year to help us finish the season strong.

18to18

Oct 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard the Rino's Fury vs. GN game was 11 on 9 pretty much all second half as GN was handed 2 red cards. Madness!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard the Rino's Fury vs. GN game was 11 on 9 pretty much all second half as GN was handed 2 red cards. Madness!

First red card was at about the 50th min, 2nd red was at maybe the 65th.

The first one was totally bizarre. GN won a foul near the top of our box, and the guy who was fouled was on the ground in some discomfort, after about 30 seconds of everyone milling around him he just decided to take a swipe (from the ground) at one of our guys... I guess he thought he was getting the guy that had fouled him... but he wasn't. Anyway, the ref saw that and give him a yellow card for it. Then as he was getting helped off the pitch he mouthed off to the ref, presumably for being give the first yellow, which lead to him being shown the second yellow. After that it just spiraled out of control with constant mouthing off to the ref, and cards being shown... The red was produced during a fracas after a GN guy two footed one of our guys who was clearing the ball from our penalty area (totally reckless and unnecessary). That brought everyone together and apparently a punch was thrown for the red.

Despite having nothing to play for, GN showed up for the match and really put us under pressure. I'm not sure we would have got the result without them taking those reds, but we've also lost a game earlier this year that we were leading in similar circumstances, so I feel it all somehow balances out in the end.

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
First red card was at about the 50th min, 2nd red was at maybe the 65th.

The first one was totally bizarre. GN won a foul near the top of our box, and the guy who was fouled was on the ground in some discomfort, after about 30 seconds of everyone milling around him he just decided to take a swipe (from the ground) at one of our guys... I guess he thought he was getting the guy that had fouled him... but he wasn't. Anyway, the ref saw that and give him a yellow card for it. Then as he was getting helped off the pitch he mouthed off to the ref, presumably for being give the first yellow, which lead to him being shown the second yellow. After that it just spiraled out of control with constant mouthing off to the ref, and cards being shown... The red was produced during a fracas after a GN guy two footed one of our guys who was clearing the ball from our penalty area (totally reckless and unnecessary). That brought everyone together and apparently a punch was thrown for the red.

Despite having nothing to play for, GN showed up for the match and really put us under pressure. I'm not sure we would have got the result without them taking those reds, but we've also lost a game earlier this year that we were leading in similar circumstances, so I feel it all somehow balances out in the end.

Its all a conspiracy against Campo!!!

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
But would you show up to practice in the rain twice a week?

Thanks! I think you skipped just about enough games for us to avoid your curse and pull it off :cigar:

I more saw myself as a distant, hands off owner. Think I only saw you guys four times this year, including one cup game. You lost three of those!

Stuffey

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it all gets decided tonight then.. campo vs Romania at Burnaby lake and Norvan vs delta half an hour later at winskill. Could be a few sore legs and heads tomorrow at work.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it all gets decided tonight then.. campo vs Romania at Burnaby lake and Norvan vs delta half an hour later at winskill. Could be a few sore legs and heads tomorrow at work.

So it seems. Though I could have sworn that the SD/NorVan game was originally scheduled for the weekend.

Only fair they play at the same time though.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it seems. Though I could have sworn that the SD/NorVan game was originally scheduled for the weekend.

Only fair they play at the same time though.

It was originally on the weekend, but being the long weekend perhaps the teams wanted it sooner. I first noticed it updated on Sunday.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo beat Romania 3-0 and North Van getting beat 2-1 with ten minutes left.

Who had Campo going up at the start of the season?!

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan lost 2-1. Campo are in the Premier!
I for one and for what it's worth never imagined this happening. As much as SC drove me nuts kudos to he and the Campo squad for doing what very few (if any) have done before making in two years the jump from Div 2 to premier...very impressive and good luck with the big boys next season

Stuffey

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to campo on a match well played tonight. They came out with a plan and executed it to a tee. A very impressive season for them after getting promoted last season. Also kudos to their former coach for his top class piss taking and work with the team. Glad to see delta stayed up, they're a quality club with a decent pub near by.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full credit to Campo. We'll see what direction the club goes in next season without the vision and passion of their former leader, but certainly now is a time for celebration for the players as their hard work has paid off.

Got to say though, what an absolute shambles by NorVan down the stretch. 1-3-3 from the start of March is not the kind of form that gets you promoted.

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
very strange end to the season for NV - definitely one of the top teams when we played them.

impressive for SD to get the win when they needed it.

seems like a high total amount of points to get relegated for Metros (19 - almost a point per game), and also a low total for promotion (34). Any one know how this stacks up against previous years?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan lost 2-1. Campo are in the Premier!

I gotta say, this is kinda awesome!

@Soccer Coach was / is a complete twat, but he (for the most part, still want to know more about this strange dismissal) put together and managed a team that actually didn't earn it's promotion into the 1st division, then went and pulled off enough results to earn promotion, in a tough, tough division.

My hat is off. Congrats, Campo.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...oh, and for the record, I do believe I was one of the many predicting they'd be shite kicked this campaign.

Nice finish on the 3 goal, especially the set piece. Romania looked broken by the time the second goal was scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0