Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuffey

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania were pretty much done. Three games in a week is a young man's game. How did the season predictions hold up for canucks4ever?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romania were pretty much done. Three games in a week is a young man's game. How did the season predictions hold up for canucks4ever?

I suggest Romania and Bingers get together and
Enter a team in vmsl premier over 35 masters
Only 8 teams in the Division this year
As to Campo this season if check my posts I had
Predicted they would get promoted
Not a Piss take

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Campo!!

I agree with @SmartCoach that Romania and Bingers should enter a team in Over 35 premier. Although Romania already has a team in over 35, I don't know the logistics and how it would work maybe Rinos can shine a light on it since they are masters at having multiple teams in the same division :wa::gurps:. Unless Romania and Bingers can get youth injection into their teams in the next 1-2 years both clubs will fizzle.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Campo on earning promotion!

I think they've gotten a bad wrap the last couple of years because the face of the club has been @Soccer Coach, and it really is a face that only a mother could love. However, even she probably wishes she would have had better access to birth control down in Guatemala or whatever Latin American country he actually emigrated here from.

I know some of the individual players on Campo and they are good guys, so I'm happy for them, and imagine it's a bit of vindication to do it on their own terms without an arrogant blowhard trying to take all the credit.

Also, with the rules being what they are and the possibility that Fury wouldn't have been able to take the Premier spot if we finished 2nd, it's probably better that Campo fully earned it instead of getting it by default again :p

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
912full-gianluigi-buffon.jpg

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't checked the site for a couple days...wow! Congrats to Campo and @Soccer Coach for promotion. Back to back promotions...unheard of and I can't remember the last time it happened. Maybe once or twice in the last couple decades?
Are we finally seeing the fruits of the divisional alignment from a few years back? Lots of good quality div2 and div3 sides nowadays. Now how do we bridge the gap at the very top!?!(from div1 to Prem)

HighLife

Mar 30, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Campo on earning promotion!

I think they've gotten a bad wrap the last couple of years because the face of the club has been @Soccer Coach, and it really is a face that only a mother could love. However, even she probably wishes she would have had better access to birth control down in Guatemala or whatever Latin American country he actually emigrated here from.

I know some of the individual players on Campo and they are good guys, so I'm happy for them, and imagine it's a bit of vindication to do it on their own terms without an arrogant blowhard trying to take all the credit.

Also, with the rules being what they are and the possibility that Fury wouldn't have been able to take the Premier spot if we finished 2nd, it's probably better that Campo fully earned it instead of getting it by default again :p

As arrogant and as big of a twat that @Soccer Coach is, he did it his way. Yes the players performed but this was a team in shambles before @Soccer Coach took over. Kudos to him and his players on this. Enjoy every minute of it.

I would have loved to read the nonsense in the VMSL premier thread if he was still the coach.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like rinos are just trying to get rid of their bogey teams...

It's a sound plan I think. This is all your fault since you beat us and lost to them.
As arrogant and as big of a twat that @Soccer Coach is, he did it his way. Yes the players performed but this was a team in shambles before @Soccer Coach took over. Kudos to him and his players on this. Enjoy every minute of it.

I would have loved to read the nonsense in the VMSL premier thread if he was still the coach.

I guess you are referring to the turnaround from the near relegation season of 2014-15 to the cup winning and promotion (by default) season of 2015-16.

What you fail to realize is that the roster of those two teams were completely different. I can look at old roster sheets, but I'd venture a guess that maybe 4-5 players were carried over from year-to-year and the rest were dumped into CAT/Div3. The person who really deserves the credit is the one who did the recruiting.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't checked the site for a couple days...wow! Congrats to Campo and @Soccer Coach for promotion. Back to back promotions...unheard of and I can't remember the last time it happened. Maybe once or twice in the last couple decades?
Are we finally seeing the fruits of the divisional alignment from a few years back? Lots of good quality div2 and div3 sides nowadays. Now how do we bridge the gap at the very top!?!(from div1 to Prem)

They didn't win a promotion back to back from div.2 to Division. 1 it was handed to them due to Surrey United moving to FVSL. @dezza is right they are a completely different team when they were in div 2 and in div 1, they have bought new players and yes they did buy them. One of Campo players works in my office and he showed me proof, they made them sign a contract and an NDA. I'm not going to say who the players are out of respect for the players.

I'm not taking anything away from Campo they are a good team that plays nice footy its the coach that most of us had a problem with and now that he is gone I must say I was cheering for Campo to get promoted.

Again congrats to Campo players and the management.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I realized last season when discussing in the div.2 forum that there are new players(teams) in town that should be taken more seriously as contenders and that the old guard are slowly fading. One of those teams on the up was Campo, and although I could not believe how a team that almost got relegated to Div.3 could be pushing for the top of the table, I realized they must have picked up some new players and I acknowledged they were not the same team. Other good teams that popped up were Storm, Greencaps, snipers. I even said teams like 13th Legion and Euro were playing below their roster ranks and this year they both had decent seasons.

Anyways, I'm not sure how many pick-ups they made from last year but Dezza would probably know since they've played them 7 or so times over the past year.

One thing that is nice to see is an entirely different team going up to Premier. It's usually the same teams getting bounced up and down. And although this is just an amateur competition, players still want the chance to play at the highest level possible while they're still playing competitively.

Reactions: GoF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is total bullshit is that Willie Desjardin has already given his postmortem interview to the press. There is an acceptable time frame for these sorts of things, and that is exactly 4 days, no later.

WTF, @Soccer Coach ? Reach out to @GoF and get on it!

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely congrats to Campo. Even if the players are different, the coach has a big part in keeping the group together and focused on the goal whatever that might be. When a team wins a coach never gets credit when it loses he/she always gets blamed.
Dezza your team has been in DIV 1 for how many years? How many times did you go up to Premier?
If we are speaking soccer, he has shown he knows the game and makes some good points on the game and how it is in lower mainland. I do not agree with all of the points of course but some are very fair. Lets say like hiring of HPL and TD's who have never played the game or cannot demonstrate how to make a pass longer than 20m. They will get kids to demonstrate for other kids. Brilliant!!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I realized last season when discussing in the div.2 forum that there are new players(teams) in town that should be taken more seriously as contenders and that the old guard are slowly fading. One of those teams on the up was Campo, and although I could not believe how a team that almost got relegated to Div.3 could be pushing for the top of the table, I realized they must have picked up some new players and I acknowledged they were not the same team. Other good teams that popped up were Storm, Greencaps, snipers. I even said teams like 13th Legion and Euro were playing below their roster ranks and this year they both had decent seasons.

Anyways, I'm not sure how many pick-ups they made from last year but Dezza would probably know since they've played them 7 or so times over the past year.

One thing that is nice to see is an entirely different team going up to Premier. It's usually the same teams getting bounced up and down. And although this is just an amateur competition, players still want the chance to play at the highest level possible while they're still playing competitively.

The major overhaul was between the near relegation to Div 3, and the 2nd place finish in Div 2.

They only had a few pick ups between Div 2 & Div1, but they managed to get a player off the Bellingham United Evergreen Premier League team midseason to strengthen in their push for promotion.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely congrats to Campo. Even if the players are different, the coach has a big part in keeping the group together and focused on the goal whatever that might be. When a team wins a coach never gets credit when it loses he/she always gets blamed.
Dezza your team has been in DIV 1 for how many years? How many times did you go up to Premier?
If we are speaking soccer, he has shown he knows the game and makes some good points on the game and how it is in lower mainland. I do not agree with all of the points of course but some are very fair. Lets say like hiring of HPL and TD's who have never played the game or cannot demonstrate how to make a pass longer than 20m. They will get kids to demonstrate for other kids. Brilliant!!

@robino this was my team's first year in Div1 and we were one point off promotion. We beat Tigers once and Campo twice. I'm not sure what your point is.

Also I think you are confused because @Soccer Coach would be the first to tell you that you need not have played the game in order to coach it. I think he had some analogy about some coach in Latin America getting advice on tactics from his wife.

He's also the one who gave himself the title of "Technical Director" of Campo. So, yeah I agree. A TD title in this city means jack squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0