Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last game with Norvan we had very good refereeing. we will need it again today. otherwise, this can get out of control.
and Rinos please do not bring the entire coaching and management staff from your club for each of our games, and can you shake the hands properly at the end of the game without resorting to provocations.

18to18

Oct 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last game with Norvan we had very good refereeing. we will need it again today. otherwise, this can get out of control.
and Rinos please do not bring the entire coaching and management staff from your club for each of our games, and can you shake the hands properly at the end of the game without resorting to provocations.

Shutup.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are full of injuries, suspensions, people away,

I think we may have got a slightly wrong impression of you. It turns out you're not just a complete asshat, you actually are suffering from pseudologia fantastica

0 Campo Atletico players are suspended. http://vmslsoccer.com/leaguedisc

You cannot deny this. Please sign yourself up for psychotherapy so that you can be cured.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we may have got a slightly wrong impression of you. It turns out you're not just a complete asshat, you actually are suffering from pseudologia fantastica

0 Campo Atletico players are suspended. http://vmslsoccer.com/leaguedisc

You cannot deny this. Please sign yourself up for psychotherapy so that you can be cured.
ji ji ji ja ja ja.
You know guys when you are going in one direction, then I have already came back.

So now we know that we will not have to deal with your antics of coming before the game and disrupting or warm up and telling us and referee that we are including a "suspended" player like you did last time.

Still today we have weaker side than usual. You are lucky today.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino Fury 1 - Campo Atletico 0
It was a good game. Perhaps a bit of an undeserved loss because of the amount of shots on target and the possession that the Campo players generated versus the Fury.

However, having said this, at the end the Fury defended very well. They pretty much had sometimes 9 or even 10 guys defending and left the lonely forward up top.

I thought that Rino Fury would be more aggressive, but they were quite defensive and passive for most of the game.

The goal came on their first corner kick. It was very well placed. Our goalie deflected it, but the ball was bouncing all over the penalty box. One of our players missed the clearance and the ball ended on the feet of the striker who volley into the net.

The referee crew did very well. If there is factor that did not help us was the weather. The torrential rain did not help us on that corner and the ball slided a couple of times from the feet of our forward.

Overall guys, I do not mind losing if the team plays well and the players are creative and inventive and generate dangerous situations. Sometimes the ball does not get in the net.

Their keeper did well and saved quite a few shots. Their defense too was very solid.

I think that over the two games Campo has played the better football and the more attacking one. However, Rino Fury has done quite well and way better than us on the corner kicks and free kicks hence their win.

Ps. Thanks for doing the handshake in good spirit.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino Fury 1 - Campo Atletico 0
It was a good game. Perhaps a bit of an undeserved loss because of the amount of shots on target and the possession that the Campo players generated versus the Fury.
However, having said this, at the end the Fury defended very well. They pretty much had sometimes 9 or even 10 guys defending and left the lonely forward up top.

I thought that Rino Fury would be more aggressive, but they were quite defensive and passive for most of the game.

The goal came on their first corner kick. It was very well placed. Our goalie deflected it, but the ball was bouncing all over the penalty box. One of our players missed the clearance and the ball ended on the feet of the striker who volley into the net.

The referee crew did very well. If there is factor that did not help us was the weather. The torrential rain did not help us on that corner and the ball slided a couple of times from the feet of our forward.

Overall guys, I do not mind losing if the team plays well and the players are creative and inventive and generate dangerous situations. Sometimes the ball does not get in the net.

Their keeper did well and saved quite a few shots. Their defense too was very solid.

I think that over the two games Campo has played the better football and the more attacking one. However, Rino Fury has done quite well and way better than us on the corner kicks and free kicks hence their win.

Ps. Thanks for doing the handshake in good spirit.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back by popular demand:

Bingers v South Delta
A massive win for SD last week put some serious breathing room between them and the drop zone. The question now is, after a turbulent season, will they kick on in the second half or will the cushion they have at the bottom allow them to take their foot off the gas peddle? Bingers had a bye last week as the schedule turned over. Before that they were well beaten by Tigers, though it was their first lost in five matches. The Army had little trouble seeing off South Delta in week two, one of only two results they have had this season that was settled by more than a goal. Bingers are comfortably mid table and not likely to move far from there, based on all their previous seasons. So at this point it looks as though both will play again twice more next season. As for this year, its two teams that are quality lads on and off the field; form says Bingers will take it, but at this point it could go either way. I'll follow the form book on this one, but one thing I can predict is a quality post game cooler session.

Campo v CCB
MOTW as the promotion race heats up into the second half of the season and second meets fourth. Campo did the business earlier this season and really announced their arrival in the division when they saw off CCB 2-0. I assume the Guildford boys will have long memories, but what they could really use is more than one goal. Four goals in their last four games has made the results more difficult to come by, which is less than helpful in a promotion race. A closer look at the stats show that maybe all of Guildford's goal scorers have not been documented by the league, as the website puts only one player on the team on more than one goal. I suppose 18 different goal scorers isn't completely out of the question, but regardless of who is putting the ball in the net for the Surrey lads, they could really use him doing it more than once this weekend. No such mysteries around who is scoring the goals for Campo as Edson leads the league with 11. He wasn't able to get on the board last week in a 1-0 loss to Rino's Fury, so no doubt the Campo boys will be ready bounce back this weekend. Another loss this time out for Campo would be the first real wobble in their surprising promotion push. I just can't see Campo going away, despite how big a win this would be for Guilford's promotion campaign, so I say Campo wins it and this race stays intensely close at the top.

Romania v Rino's Tigers
At .500 and mid table, Romania have all but ensured another season in this division, with a few table skewing results mixed in- none bigger than their shoving aside of NorVan 3-1. A chance then to replicate that result against now top of the table Tigers after a 1-1 against CCB last weekend. Romania has proven they can get a result against any team in the division, but now that Tigers are back on top of the league, I see them doubling down on their promotion charge. Two wins on the bounce for Rino's and two points clear at the top has finally given the preseason favourites the narrowest of separation at the top and they will no doubt want to take this chance to consolidate their lead and show their quality as potential title winners.

Rino's Vancouver v Metropolitan
Well it's time to reach for the panic button for Students. Five points adrift at the bottom and, other than a five points in three games stretch, the points have been hard to come by this season. Rino's haven't exactly been lighting the world on fire and could be just the tonic that Metropolitan need to give them a lifeline. Neither of these teams have been able to come up with the right stuff with any consistency; this one has draw written all over it.

Rino's Fury v NorVan
NorVan are brawling and scrapping and staying right in this promotion race. Fury got the better of them in the reverse fixture at the start of the year, but with this match carrying much more weight, one has to assume they won't be caught under prepared this time around. Fury snapped their home struggles last week with what was no doubt a satisfying double over Campo. That being said, overall Point Grey has been far from a slam dunk for the Fury. After a confidence boosting 4-1 at the weekend, I fancy NorVan on the road.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back by popular demand:

Bingers v South Delta
A massive win for SD last week put some serious breathing room between them and the drop zone. The question now is, after a turbulent season, will they kick on in the second half or will the cushion they have at the bottom allow them to take their foot off the gas peddle? Bingers had a bye last week as the schedule turned over. Before that they were well beaten by Tigers, though it was their first lost in five matches. The Army had little trouble seeing off South Delta in week two, one of only two results they have had this season that was settled by more than a goal. Bingers are comfortably mid table and not likely to move far from there, based on all their previous seasons. So at this point it looks as though both will play again twice more next season. As for this year, its two teams that are quality lads on and off the field; form says Bingers will take it, but at this point it could go either way. I'll follow the form book on this one, but one thing I can predict is a quality post game cooler session.

Campo v CCB
MOTW as the promotion race heats up into the second half of the season and second meets fourth. Campo did the business earlier this season and really announced their arrival in the division when they saw off CCB 2-0. I assume the Guildford boys will have long memories, but what they could really use is more than one goal. Four goals in their last four games has made the results more difficult to come by, which is less than helpful in a promotion race. A closer look at the stats show that maybe all of Guildford's goal scorers have not been documented by the league, as the website puts only one player on the team on more than one goal. I suppose 18 different goal scorers isn't completely out of the question, but regardless of who is putting the ball in the net for the Surrey lads, they could really use him doing it more than once this weekend. No such mysteries around who is scoring the goals for Campo as Edson leads the league with 11. He wasn't able to get on the board last week in a 1-0 loss to Rino's Fury, so no doubt the Campo boys will be ready bounce back this weekend. Another loss this time out for Campo would be the first real wobble in their surprising promotion push. I just can't see Campo going away, despite how big a win this would be for Guilford's promotion campaign, so I say Campo wins it and this race stays intensely close at the top.

Romania v Rino's Tigers
At .500 and mid table, Romania have all but ensured another season in this division, with a few table skewing results mixed in- none bigger than their shoving aside of NorVan 3-1. A chance then to replicate that result against now top of the table Tigers after a 1-1 against CCB last weekend. Romania has proven they can get a result against any team in the division, but now that Tigers are back on top of the league, I see them doubling down on their promotion charge. Two wins on the bounce for Rino's and two points clear at the top has finally given the preseason favourites the narrowest of separation at the top and they will no doubt want to take this chance to consolidate their lead and show their quality as potential title winners.

Rino's Vancouver v Metropolitan
Well it's time to reach for the panic button for Students. Five points adrift at the bottom and, other than a five points in three games stretch, the points have been hard to come by this season. Rino's haven't exactly been lighting the world on fire and could be just the tonic that Metropolitan need to give them a lifeline. Neither of these teams have been able to come up with the right stuff with any consistency; this one has draw written all over it.

Rino's Fury v NorVan
NorVan are brawling and scrapping and staying right in this promotion race. Fury got the better of them in the reverse fixture at the start of the year, but with this match carrying much more weight, one has to assume they won't be caught under prepared this time around. Fury snapped their home struggles last week with what was no doubt a satisfying double over Campo. That being said, overall Point Grey has been far from a slam dunk for the Fury. After a confidence boosting 4-1 at the weekend, I fancy NorVan on the road.
Always good to read these. Keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0