Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The players that failed will be replaced with new ones

http://www.msasoccerbc.com/component/joomsport/team/1/21?Itemid=101
Recent Summer League (Multicultural) and 64 registered players!!!??? Although that league is not of any importance the question is: How that competition is considered regular and fair when some top players (from other teams that did not make it to the semis) were transferred to Tigers right before semis and finals?

This is why the league has to limit the number of registered players otherwise it will just create a havoc. Yes, VMSL regulates that a player can move only once during the season and the deadline is January 15th but if one team is allowed to register 50+ players while other struggle to field even 11 during the season then, really...

Yes, it is nice that Tigers pay the registration fee for each player and most likely provide some training gear but that exactly may be the reason #1 why a young player (who never has enough money) will most likely side with Tigers than with the team that asks him to fork $200 or $300 for registration, various fees (referees, fields, etc.). At the end Tigers ends up with 64 players on the roster while the rest hardly gets 11 for each game. Something is just not right here (and we are wondering why there is no better competition in, for example, division 1).

soccer8

Jan 19, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
If thats true about 64 players thats maddness...what do they do rotate the squad every week??? Is there many guys getting paid in the premier?

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the game on Tuesday between Tigers and Westside very fast pace and very skilled on both sides. Westside controlled first 20 min and were rewarded with a goal a cracker from a free kick from about 30 yards out after that Tigers took over control and were trying to score from 30-40 yards (ambitious) and at halftime 1-0 Westside. Second half Tigers were pressing and equalized at about 60 min mark with an own goal. Ten minutes later Westside scored from a header into a top corner. I don't know how that guy out jumped their d-man who is about 6'3 but nonetheless he did and that proved to be the winning goal. Tigers were pressing for the remainder of the game and had golden chance that was saved by Westside keeper. Overall I thought both teams played really well for Westside it was #20 who scored a header, #15 their central d man was a tower and the keeper who played exceptionally well. For Tigers it was #10 central midfielder drove them with a fast pace, #15 right back solid performance and #100 center mid played really well. Westside looked different from last year lost few key players but also picked up couple of new players from premier #20 and #15.

Its good to see teams like Westside (who play for the love of game) beat Tigers (who "allegedly" pay players to play). Div. 1 looks to be really tight this year every team is pretty decent and every game counts.

As to 64 players signed for Tigers that is ridiculous they barely had enough players for the game I think they only had 2 subs.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you go to the link I listed above, click on "Players", and start counting (total of 64 registered players). So, it is not "If that's true" because that is true.
Yes, I saw the link that you posted above however it doesn't have any relevance as to how many players they have registered in VMSL league. As you said yourself in your post "Although that league is not of any importance" so comparing the 2 teams (summer league Tigers vs VMSL Tigers) is like comparing oranges to apples. Most of the players that played summer league for Tigers are playing elsewhere in the winter.

I do agree with you 100% that VMSL needs to limit as to how many players a team can register. IMHO 25 players should be maximum that you can register per team otherwise you are going to run into a situation where a team cant even fill a full team therefore forcing them to fold.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's funny, don't the LOTG state jersey numbers must range from 1-99 ? Protest anyone ? :rolleyes:

How about there players have jerseys on with players names that have left the team
2 to Chile 2 to Croatia
Some Departing players have told me even with all the incentives in there opinion it was not worth it
So the turn over will continue

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a chance to watch today Tigers for the first time (kind of watched both games at Trillium Fields today). At the end Tigers can be happy with the point because Metropolitan was a better team overall. Tigers scored the first one at the end of the first half on a penalty kick. Students completely dominated the second half, tied the game (Tigers own goal) but Tigers got a lead again a few minutes after the game was tied 1:1 on a strange goal (a cross from the right side ended up in the net). Students pushed forward, had a penalty shot (at the same time a red card for one of the Tigers players), but Tigers goalie made a great save. At the end of the regulation period one of Metropolitan's players had a chance, the Tigers goalie saved, a short rebound and one of the Metropolitan players scored.
Tigers are a flashy team, too many individuals who are trying to impress. Students played as a team and did quite well against Tigers.

On the other side Langley got to 2:0 lead during the first half, Inter scored a few minutes before the end but a quick third goal by Langley sealed the deal. A lot of complaints from Inter's side during the game. Anyway, Langley was much better side and deserved 3 points.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much from Akal's point of view I suppose, although their Twitter feed claimed it was as a result of some "extracurricular" activities the previous night involving the sisters of the Westside starting 11. Sour grapes seem to have gone high tech...

As for the game itself, it's my understanding that things were close until a somewhat contentious first goal after a keeper pass-back call. After that I guess the wheels just came off for Akal.

big gk I would suggest the more interesting result would be your win over Ayjal, any analysis there? From an outside perspective the late night colder weather might be getting to the Tigers given their two losses came during night matches.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal are on a 4 game losing streak over which they've been outscored 14-0. Perhaps the wheels came off before the Westside match...

Prince_TM

Dec 7, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody has posted in awhile... FC Tigers look to be running away with the league 5 points clear... Any game reports? Akal 1-0 Bingers? Would like some information on that or how about Rinos beating Westside 4-2 thats a solid results for Rinos...

Joe321

Dec 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
standings are looking pretty close. Looks like Tigers will most likely take top spot, but second is still anyones to take.. Norvan seems to be dominant, Akal and Shaheen still having 2 games in hand and are in the running too. I've had the chance to see most of the teams play, and to me the most consistent team is Westside, despite losing a few in the last couple of weeks. They very dangerous on the counter but just that could be their weakness as well. I haven't had the chance to see Bingers or Metropolitan play but the later seems to be that team that nobody expects to be a threat but based on the results they are looking dangerous. It would be interesting to hear some notes regarding them. My prediction is Tigers and Norvan (not just because they are 1 & 2) get promoted, and Serbia and Harps go down to div 2.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that Metro picked up a couple former Canadian youth internationals who are now in their mid 20s.

Joe321

Dec 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
is it obvious who these players are on the field? I feel like everyone has a story and has once either "played for the whitecaps" or the "provincial" team.. Nevertheless, good players I'm sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0