Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bit late in getting this started but here we go...

Olympics start their campaign to get back to the big leagues with a 2-1 result over Gastown last night. Richmond did the same with a 1-0 win over Akal.

Are these 2 former Premier clubs the teams to beat this year?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If RFC keep the same team from last year they will go straight back up. If the Olympics start the season with the same team they finished with last year they will go straight back up....I think. Good luck to all teams

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on Week 1 results it could be a tight enough season. All wins by a 1 goal margin, nobody sprinting out of the blocks.

Seems all of the contenders (Richmond, Van Olympics, Shaheen, Rino's, Tigers) avoid eachother for the first quarter of the season pretty much, it's not until week 5 that any of them play eachother (and week 8 before Tigers play anyone), so we'll see who can put up the wins against the rest of the pack, and see if any of the others I've so quickly dismissed can prove me wrong and pull together the points to be in contention.

I reckon it'll be a great season, with tight battles at the top and bottom of the table

Sarajevo and Gastown to go down, and a good battle to stay above that 3rd drop spot between 2 or 3 others...

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on Week 1 results it could be a tight enough season. All wins by a 1 goal margin, nobody sprinting out of the blocks.

Seems all of the contenders (Richmond, Van Olympics, Shaheen, Rino's, Tigers) avoid eachother for the first quarter of the season pretty much, it's not until week 5 that any of them play eachother (and week 8 before Tigers play anyone), so we'll see who can put up the wins against the rest of the pack, and see if any of the others I've so quickly dismissed can prove me wrong and pull together the points to be in contention.

I reckon it'll be a great season, with tight battles at the top and bottom of the table

Sarajevo and Gastown to go down, and a good battle to stay above that 3rd drop spot between 2 or 3 others...

Our result over AKAL on Friday night doesn't represent how the fixture actually played out. Our inability to finish our dinner in front of goal, especially in the first half, along with their keeper standing on his head, making 4 or 5 incredible saves attributed to the low scoreline. The AKAL back line also defended with their lives, blocking and clearing multiple chances off the goal line. All of their efforts defensively resulted in them not being able to mount much offensively, and they rarely threatened our goal. They also looked a very young squad, with multiple HPL players in the lineup.

What do AC Campo and Rinos look like this year?

On to GN

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's look great this year, I'm tipping them for the league by at least 6pts and they'll probably win the Imperial Cup too.

Campo, not so much

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Div 1 Imperial Cup champ? That hasn't happened for a long time I don't think... was QPR the last team in the 80s?

R_S_N

Mar 12, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 2 Predictions?

Sarajevo FC VS Binger's Army
Rich. FC Hibernians 'A VS GN Sporting Club
Shaeen VS Akal FC
Rino's Vanc. SC 'A" VS Serbian White Eagles
Vancouver Olympics VS AC Campobasso
Ajyal Tigers VS Gastown FC 'A'

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's look great this year, I'm tipping them for the league by at least 6pts and they'll probably win the Imperial Cup too.

Campo, not so much

Rinos 0-0 Serbia

Is that who will be playing in the imperial cup final? Or did you want to revise your prediction...

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2 GN 0

A deserved result for us, all be it after a slow start during the opening 15. We settled down after going ahead off a free kick goal about 20 yards out. 5 minutes later it's 2-nil after a tidy finish from a through ball at the top of eighteen.
Second half was more of a defensive performance from us, as we didn't get nearly as much possession as we would have liked in their half, but still managed to create half a dozen chances on the counter. GN's keeper kept the scoreline down, with a couple fantastic saves.

GN are quick on the outside flanks, which was dangerous all day, but seem to lack the goal scoring threat upfront. Some good lads on that squad, aside from the red card donkey playing along the back line who, and I quote "doesn't care about this game" but still felt it necessary to throw cheap shots, and get eventually get caught. Bravo :)

On to Bingers...

R_S_N

Mar 12, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 3 Predictions?

Gastown VS Sarajevo
Campobasso VS Ajyal Tigers
Serbian White Eagles VS Vancouver Olympics
Akal VS Rino's (DRAW)
GN Sporting VS Shaheen
Binger's VS Richmond

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rfc 2 - 1 army . Exciting game with a heartbreaking result for the army. Didn't agree with only 21 seconds of injury time when several balls went over the fence and a few subs. Wish hadji would of given me a better explanation then "we had played 45 minutes" oh well maybe their was no injury time or my stopwatch was slow as I hope that was the case rather then him wanting to get out of the rain.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big GK, I guess the new $80 fee isn't enough so that is why the refs will not be adding any time on this year until they are paid to do the extra minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0