Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1] November 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Devo, it's actually quite easy. Simply take best 8 teams (points wise at the end of the season - OR take 4 top DIVA and 4 DIVB) combine them with two Premier teams that will come down and you have top 10 teams. You put them in DIV 1A, while the rest you put in DIV 1B.

A league in-between Div 1 and Premier.
The womens league has this:
Premier
SELECT
Div 1
Div 2
Div 3
Div 4

The competition would be excellent and it would probably make transition to Premier easier for promoted teams.

Platinum

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gilly, remember that it is ICST Pegasus. :)

It may be called ICST Pegaus by name but Indo owns the spot and have borrowed the Temple and Peg guys to do the dirty work. In the league's eyes the president of the club, when the paperwork is done at the beginning of the year, controls the fate of the team. From my sources, I have found out that this is how Akal got screwed over by Indo. Sandman owned the spot and Akal were brushed aside when Indo made an agreement with Temple.

Rumor has it that once Indo move up the team will be opened up to the Indo-Canadian community for a more Indian based team. It is unfortunate that guys who worked hard to get promoted may not get an opportunity to play in Premier. I am sure that the coaches will be retained though. :)

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It may be called ICST Pegaus by name but Indo owns the spot and have borrowed the Temple and Peg guys to do the dirty work. In the league's eyes the president of the club, when the paperwork is done at the beginning of the year, controls the fate of the team. From my sources, I have found out that this is how Akal got screwed over by Indo. Sandman owned the spot and Akal were brushed aside when Indo made an agreement with Temple.

Rumor has it that once Indo move up the team will be opened up to the Indo-Canadian community for a more Indian based team. It is unfortunate that guys who worked hard to get promoted may not get an opportunity to play in Premier. I am sure that the coaches will be retained though. :)

Platinum, you've lost the plot, mate. Not a clue what you're talking about.

Anyway, all the best.

Cheers

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Will they EVER let go?

The Llama Man :D is spot on with regards to Platinum. Sandman has already made a secrete deal with Sapp.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Will they EVER let go?

The Llama Man :D is spot on with regards to Platinum. Sandman has already made a secrete deal with Sapp.

The Llama man does not want want to be involved with any deal that includes "secretion".

:bronco:

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone know why the Green Devils - Olympics game is cancelled this week? It's the only one.

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hurricanes 2 Ten Men Polonia 0

Was a tough game for Polonia being short the entire game against a skilled Punjab team. They had a few chances to score despite being down.
Fair scoreline for the game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interesting how you're always last to know. :)

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

chazling said:
Anyone know why the Green Devils - Olympics game is cancelled this week? It's the only one.

It has nothing to do with the game, but I believe there was a personal and last minute matter that happened to someone in the Olyimpics.

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

A struggling Bingers Army squad were thouroughly outplayed by the Cliff Ave boys. Having said that we put one in our own net and missed 2 sitters and realistically could have stolen a point on a day when we had no business even being close to our opponents. Neither squad looked much better than a middle of the pack Div 1 team which is exactly where we both rank in our group.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

ICST Pegasus 4 Burnaby Fury 1

Despite missing 5 starters due to injury and being out of town, the boys grinded out a comfortable win in the end despite several great misses throughout the game......it was 2 - 1 at one point......with 10 minutes to go I believe and then two quick strikes did the Fury in. Chippy game at times on a sloppy field.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp beat Primo yesterday. For some reason Primo only had 10 players and a couple of those guys were wearing braces.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

"Sapp beat Primo yesterday. For some reason Primo only had 10 players and a couple of those guys were wearing braces."

That is exactly why the DIV 1 needs broken into two divisions: stronger one with top 10 teams, and the weaker one. The top 10 team division Call it SELECT, or whatever you want, but one thing you will see is the quality of the play improving and games being much more competitive.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I see Ladner had a big win over IFC. Game report anyone?

Gooch

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Brutal game for Polonia , Up 2-0 , totally in control , gave up a goal right before half on a play that should've been called dead for a high foot (over shoulder) ball squirts back and ladner fellow hits home. Meh . 2 nd half Polonia with a poor effort . Ladner ties and then gets a go ahead goal that was a clear 5-10 yards offside , ref says no . really Polonia's own fault for not creating enough and was a rather embarrassing outing . Reffing I must say was totally shocking , this year reffing has not been an issue but he handed the game to ladner on this one. Credit to grinding it out to ladner but this is one that got away from Polonia.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapp 6 - Primo 0 (3-0 half)

Can't congratulate Sapp too much. PV was right; Primo didn't even want to be there. After the 2nd goal, they stopped playing. At 4 -0, Sapp played with 10 men to try to 'even it up'.

Jason Pierotti with 2, TT, Rogers, Mason Foulkes with his 1st of the season, and some other guy scored near the end. Garth made 2 spectacular saves in the 1st half off of free kicks.

The only thing really note-worthy was the introduction of Sapperton's 3rd jersey - a beautiful Nike Man City blue. Teddy U even looks half-deceint in it.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Credit to grinding it out to ladner but this is one that got away from Polonia.

They never quit that team. One of those nights for Polonia - I think they were one of the stronger teams we played in the 1st half of the season.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

RCIU 3 Lobbans 2

Great result for the lads....some clinical play from the new youngsters for the goals...absolute highlight reel goals......hung on at the end....I think Lobbans hit the post 3 times in the last 15 minutes. :D

MASSIVE 3 points for the RCIU boys........well done, Nasher/Animal/Devo/Reynold and any other TTPers I may have forgotten.........

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

CS they only hit the post twice! After the first I kissed it and that's why it saved us again. Must say that the play of Reynold, Brett, and Eric did some damage to the Lobbans squad.
They showed up late and barely warmed up. I really believe they took us too lightly after killing us the first time around. I'm not saying we controlled the entire game by any means, but when we attacked, they looked weak. Great offensive team but at the back they were suspect at times.
1-0 in the first half on a beautiful display between Eric, Reyn, and Hitman. Lobban's looked stumped.
Still in the first a Lobban's blunder sees one of the d-man pass it back to the keeper who picks it up. Free kick for us and JR sets Reyn up for the second with a clinically struck left peg goal.
Second half, Lobban's keep pressing and they get one off a well struck kick from around 25 yards that sailed into the corner of the net and beat Cowboy.
Middle of the half, Eric cracks one from 20ish yards and beats the lobban's keeper and boo-hoo, RCIU up 3-1.
A corner for Lobban's results in in chip shot from the 12 yard line that again beats Cowboy. Did I mention he also got a yappin' yellow? Thanks for the beer loser.
3-2 the score stayed despite the effort, and my friend the post, of the Lobban's squad.

A great win and a great effort from the RCIU lads. Great game from JR, Animal, Reyn, Eric, Easy and Paynter. On to next week!

Should also add that the Ref did nothing to help either teams. Shouldn't be reffing {sp} at this level as he put a damper on the game. But what do you do? Bitching never works!
Kaiser we said something we should add here at the cooler but I forgot?
Thanks to the club members for showing their support.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

RCIU is on a little roll and it looks like their new boys are making a big difference. Can they play the role of the spoiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0