Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1 Cup 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadiesJatt

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wickham won a thriller ....

- wickham 1-0 up early
- HK came back with 3 straight
- wickham tied it up at 3 in second half
- HK scored in first OT
- Wickham scored late in second OT
- Wickham takes it in a shootout

Looks like HK really came out to play but thought after wickham scored early and were all over them they thought it was going to be a cake walk and took it for granted

Cheers!
L

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the teams to look out for are punjabs,peg and the serbs.......i jut dont think the rest have got it to win it........but that's what the ref said too...:eek:
Would have prefered to see the nk train move on as it woul dhave made for one heck of a darby match against the serbs but i guess someone else wrote a different story this year..........

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
crnogorski fudbaler said:
I think the teams to look out for are punjabs,peg and the serbs.......i jut dont think the rest have got it to win it........but that's what the ref said too...:eek:
Would have prefered to see the nk train move on as it woul dhave made for one heck of a darby match against the serbs but i guess someone else wrote a different story this year..........

TTP needs at least 10 more guys like you...keep on prognosticating and givng us your thoughts. I'm entertained with every post..........

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did you just predict your first round opposition to be the potential winners? Ouch. Why even bother to show up to play them then?

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
The Club I guys are decent both on and off the field for the most part. Except for Club I Champ who is a wanker on the field. Off the field not sure of though!! ( Which I am betting he is still a wanker )

Well that was a pisstake and a half davey boy can we have another?

Go back to your Div 2 thread. :)

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
Did you just predict your first round opposition to be the potential winners? Ouch. Why even bother to show up to play them then?
I think you have had too much green beer.
I think someone forgot to tell you st.patty's day is a one day event not a week long festival.
So don't show up then "son"!to play your other cup games.
I think you know your best player on your team is a serb too!Oh well you can always keep trying..practice makes perfect,or maybe in your case it is perfect makes for more practice.....:(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you have had too much green beer.
I think someone forgot to tell you st.patty's day is a one day event not a week long festival.
So don't show up then "son"!to play your other cup games.
I think you know your best player on your team is a serb too!Oh well you can always keep trying..practice makes perfect,or maybe in your case it is perfect makes for more practice.....:(

It's not???????:confused: I guess I better stop drinking now........:(

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
please tell us more storeys .do you have any about trolls?

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would have prefered to see the nk train move on as it would have made for one heck of a darby match against the serbs but i guess someone else wrote a different story this year..........[/QUOTE said:
The ref wrote that story. He just happened to be a Serb. I asked him if he could not cost us the game so the White Eagles could take it to us but he couldn't wait that long to see the train derail so he nailed us to the cross. I mean I don't want to go so far as to complain officially but I mean give us a break man. Its like he enjoys ever so gently submarining our game. That being said however, one should win despite the ref and I guess we aren't there yet.

On to Shaheen and then hopefully Cliff Ave to keep a spot in Div. one. We know we can do it but getting it done will make a somewhat disappointing year feel a hell of a lot better as we will have accomplished our main goal of staying up in our first year.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher, it is unfortunate to have a 'bias' ref decide the game.

5 out of 7 correct, not counting Peg - vs Sarajevo.

Predictions:

Peg beats Sarajevo, and then beats Burnaby Canadians by a 3:0 result.

Serbian beat Wickham by 3:1

Punjab beat Westside Rino by 2:0

Club I beats Shaheen by 4:1.

It sets up semifinals Peg-Serbian and Punjab - Club I. I believe these are the top four teams in Div 1 right now, not including the two promoted teams (Westside and City FC Blaze)

Goodluck Everyone!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Just got the call...

1-nil forfeit win for Club I, for reasons unknown?:confused:

Looking forward to the semi-finals:rolleyes:
As CIC mentioned, a very late call from the VMSL to notify us that Shaheen forfeited our quarter-final match tomorrow, but no reason given. A bit surprising considering they did well to beat Burnaby Fury in the first round...I suppose they didn't fancy another 7-1 thrashing!:eek:

Regardless, looking forward to the result of the Westside FC 'A' -Sporting Punjab 'A' match tomorrow evening...good luck to everyone who manages to get a game in this weekend!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LadiesJatt said:
Wickham beats the serb's 2-1 with a depleated squad

I'm not sure which is more shocking, this result or the Serbian national team losing 2-1 to Kazakhstan :eek:

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
KISS MY ASS.
Wickham 2-1 Serbs
Losing both league games to these fools we had to redeem ourselves.
The serbs took the lead at the 20 minute mark from a lucky bounce. We equalised before the half. First half was fairly even.
In the 2nd half they kept coming at us but had no success in our 1/3 of the field.
We scored half way through and defended the rest of the half. Some great saves from our keeper. Probably our best defensive performance of the season.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result by Wickham well done.

I can't wait to read the next installment of crnogorski fudbalers' hooked on phonics to explain the Serbs demise in Cup play.

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 3
Sarajevo 2

Probably the worst 90 minutes of soccer I have ever been part of. None the less we are moving on.

I am sure Alikira will agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0