Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1 2007] January & February Results, Banter & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancin Bear said:
Have to say I was a wee bit disappointed that we couldn't see Peg again for all the marbles, but we'll obviously take it!

Hats off to Richmond! We only narrowly beat you and as was said earlier, the draws killed you!
Tough pill for the young Peg boys to swallow and I'm sure would have missed Adam today.
Sorry to hear about him breaking his leg and hope he gets back soon.

To all the boys at Westside; it was a long battle, but we got there. Anybody up for a bevvy?:D

GIT IN YA DANCIN' BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes.........the peepil............:rolleyes:

19 and rompin' it.........GIRUY :wa:

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Animal I am not sure who you are reffering to as "sharky" but I am sure he is just one of the many you got a late tackle on. As far as the celebrating I honestly could't care less. I am still gutted that we ended our season this way.

John it is still way to early and to fresh to say who will be returning next year. The only thing I can say is that no matter what Peg will put in a good product that will be once again competeing for promotion or not one at all.

Dancin Bear we would have loved to have one more match as well for all the marbles. Our last match was by far the most entertaining game of the season for me and the reason I play the game but it wasnt meant to be. Thanks for your regards and I just hope I am ready to go for next season. Well done Westside!

Have a good summer all and we will talk to you next season.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Ah yes.........the peepil............:rolleyes:

19 and rompin' it.........GIRUY :wa:

that's all you have to say...........

Alikira........... no Congratulations to the Westside boys on winning the league. You must be writing the speech!!
You almost jizzed yourself this year talking about how great the Delta boys are.

Well done Westside!!!!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 2@1 Royal United

An improved performance against a young and determined Royal squad yesterday. Although the score was close, we were always in control of the game, creating numerous chances but only taking advantage of Royal's inexperienced GK twice. After we took the lead, Royal pulled one back, capitalizing on a defensive error by ourselves. The goal seemed to lift the Royal players, but they continually ran out of ideas in the attacking third of the pitch. TBell with our winner in the second half, although it could have been more.

Credit to the Royal squad for remaining competitive for 90-minutes and for keeping faith in their young players, regardless of numerous injuries to key players throughout the season.

My condolensces to the Peg lads yesterday, but credit to the Idiots for not packing their season in and rolling over by putting in a spirited performance. It would have been great to see a one-match playoff with Peg & Westside for the title, but it obviously was not to be this year. I'm sure Peg will win side A next year if they keep their current squad and add some depth in the off-season.

Congrats to Westside's old boys! You guys remained consistent throughout the season and that's where younger squads such as ourselves and Peg will learn from our mistakes.

On to the Div. 1 Cup...hopefully!:eek:

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:

Congrats to Westside's old boys! You guys remained consistent throughout the season and that's where younger squads such as ourselves and Peg will learn from our mistakes.

On to the Div. 1 Cup...hopefully!:eek:

You keep referring to us as old.......granted we have a few talented relics, but we consistently fielded 3 to 4 guys per match in their mid 20's and a 17 and 19 y/o.

thanks for the kind words though.....see you in the summer.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premium Blaze Rep said:
Trust the Blaze player to save promotion for the Delta boys. Put him in when the games and season are on the line. Nothing but clutch goals and cards on goal celebrations.

Out

In the blaze we trust!

Thanks for the run this year boys!

Robby may be the longest standing original city player left, joining Vancouver Forest 9-10 years ago. The name was changed to City FC as I believe he played through the duration, including the split of club teams Rangers/Blaze and scattering of players mostly to Lobbans. Glad to hear that he gave you guys the div 1 title, as he always was scoring and setting up goals from the beginning. I am interested to see if the league allows a name change for next year!

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
Club Ireland 2@1 Royal United

An improved performance against a young and determined Royal squad yesterday. Although the score was close, we were always in control of the game, creating numerous chances but only taking advantage of Royal's inexperienced GK twice. After we took the lead, Royal pulled one back, capitalizing on a defensive error by ourselves. The goal seemed to lift the Royal players, but they continually ran out of ideas in the attacking third of the pitch. TBell with our winner in the second half, although it could have been more.

I think the last game your lot controlled the game and created alot more chances then this time. This time I'd have to disagree. Looking at both ur goals, on any other day or any other div one goalie , no way is either of those going in. The first one wasn't even a chance wen he gave it to ur guy , and the second was a weak shot that hopped and somehow he put it in his own net. With the exception of a free kick and maybe one header, you guys didnt get anything else on net , nor did u create very much. Playing sweeper last game was alot more challenging than this one , even though ur forward was upfront this time and not between the pipes. Looking at our chances, our goal was off a counter with a few nice passes and a through ball to our speedster which caught ur goalie in no mans land. We missed a half break , which was a nice save by ur goalie. Towards the end our player beat ur goalie, and with only a player in net he missed the far post and sailed it wide. I agree with the fact our squad gets lost in the attacking third, as we had numerous other chances coming from the sides which didnt materialize into much becuz of our lack of experience. Looking back at it , you have to admit that this game was atleast even and in no way were u always in control.

With the exception of westside , who have had our number, we have proved we can play with any team in this division, including urselves. Our only real falter was gaining one of a possible twelve points against shaheen and nk hrvat , in games they will agree were dominated by us. Hopefully we can atleast get a point out of bingers , and extend our season......

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My god Akal that was painful to read:confused:

So I am hearing that there may not be a Div 1 cup after all?????? anyone else hearing this nasty rumour?

Oh and congrats to the Westside lads, even you Smallsy:D It is indeed a race full of turtles and you guys were the best all year long. Consistency is the key to winning any division and you guys were just that, well done!

~J~

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
that's all you have to say...........

Alikira........... no Congratulations to the Westside boys on winning the league. You must be writing the speech!!
You almost jizzed yourself this year talking about how great the Delta boys are.

Well done Westside!!!!

Well done and I know Delta would pump you for what it's worth. :)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
So I am hearing that there may not be a Div 1 cup after all?????? anyone else hearing this nasty rumour?

False. Div 1 Cup draw is being done Saturday March 10th.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Well done and I know Delta would pump you for what it's worth. :)

Is that along the same lines of your previous post, 'Don't worry Stupkid, Club I will beat Westside....'?

Yes...yes I think it is.:)

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal Number One,

With all the competition you lot have faced, your best record has been a win and a draw against squads (BBY Cnds and Fury)in the lower half of the division. On top of it all, your in the basement of the division! Keep up the great work back in Div 2 after Bingers Army defeats you :)

Congrats to Westside on promotion, fully deserved.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancin Bear said:
Is that along the same lines of your previous post, 'Don't worry Stupkid, Club I will beat Westside....'?

Yes...yes I think it is.:)

They would have thumped you with their full-team.........:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/fredrick51/video/x1e1jw_ac-milan-v-celtic-070307-ssn-match"]Dailymotion - AC Milan V Celtic 07-03-07 SSN Match Rep, a video from fredrick51. milan, celtic, ssn, match, rep@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x1e1jw@@AMEPARAM@@x1e1jw[/ame]

First one was definitely a penalty but not the second one.......

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Smartcoach;

At least,with or without tranquilizers, the management of Club I. can screw in lightbulbs that last for the duration of a game of soccer.

Congratulations to the other westside boys on their well earned promotion to the Majors.

Sidewinder

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidewinder said:
Hello Smartcoach;

At least,with or without tranquilizers, the management of Club I. can screw in lightbulbs that last for the duration of a game of soccer.

Congratulations to the other westside boys on their well earned promotion to the Majors.

Sidewinder
I failed that course at grammer school !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0