Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1 2007] January & February Results, Banter & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1 2007] January Results, Banter & Predictions

dezza said:
I see Lobbans got smoked 7-2 by Wickham. Did Lobbans have another red card parade? Have the wheels fallen off since their keeper ditched them? Inspector Blake, are you out there?

No they didnt have a red card. They just run out of gas. They were up 2-0 at the 30 minute mark.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans lost interest in the season after their earlier red card parade which ended their chance at promotion. After speaking to some of their players, many are moving on to over 35s. They are a good side and the 7-2 scoreline to Wickham proves they have already moved onto next year.

Premium Blaze Rep

Sep 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trust the Blaze player to save promotion for the Delta boys. Put him in when the games and season are on the line. Nothing but clutch goals and cards on goal celebrations.

Out

In the blaze we trust!

Thanks for the run this year boys!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done Blaze FC (aka: Delta Metro United)!:D

crappy weather, soft pitch, a bit of a muckers game given the conditions. I thought Fiji defended quite well and looked for the counter-attack chances. The Blaze had a few good chances in the first half (one cleared off the line by good hard Fijian work). Second half sub "Rob" came in and ran his arse off as he usually does and notch not one but two goals...I have enjoyed watching the young Blaze play all season and look forward to seeing how they handle the more experinced sides in Premier during Imperial Cup Play.

My hat goes off to Hurricanes who if they keep developing and playing the strong brand of fitba they displayed all season will be promoted next season....

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just got word that RUFC tied Peg 1-1.

a shout out to my mates a the old club. next round is on me. wish i was there, but my old bones were busy losing with the 0'35s. hats off to peg for pushing it to the last game. good young squad.

nice to get redemption from last year's disappointment. congrats to the westside club for getting a spot back in the show. anyone know 11 guys that want to play premier.:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1 - 1 Peg

The result was fair today.......both teams worked really hard and though Peg missed a peno in the first half I don't think they can say they deserved to win the game.

RUFc went up 1-0 at the 10 minute mark off a good ball forward that wasn't dealt with well by the Peg back 3 and Diesel ran onto it and slotted in nicely. Peg took control for the rest of the half until RUFC responded to putting 3 in the middle but just before that they were rewarded with a spotter that was well save by Cawan.

The second was just two teams battling with not a lot of great stuff being played but the inensity was there. Midway through Klaus was forced to take professional found on I think Powel at the center circle so RUFC were down to 10 men AGAIN:eek: That said Peg really didn't do well with the extra guy and it was this that cost them the result and the playoff vs Weakside.

I must asy that Peg were missing A.Costley that really hurt there chances today. Good luck to him and Peg next season and the everyone in the Div 1 Cup.

Cheers,

~John~

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm married now Smallsy so I do plenty of pulling these days. I'm sure one was for Peg in there somewhere :D

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 1
RUFC 1

For the most part Johns summary was accurate but I do disagree that a tie was a fair result. I think we gifted you your goal and we created more chances including the missed penal. As for missing players, it is something we have dealt with all season as I am sure so have other teams so we are not looking to make any excuses. For some reason it just wasnt our time. I was a little shocked that RUFC celebrated like they won the world cup but at this point in time none of that really matters.

Congratulations Westside. Good luck in premier next year boys.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupdkid,

There was no great celebration I don't think............we were proud of the way we played with 2 players suspended and down a man for 20+ minutes vs the top team in our division. We have underachieved all year with something like 10 ties so the final games vs Club I and yourselves were considered a measuring stick to where we thought we should be in the standinds.

Regardless, a fun game to watch and for what it is worth, most think you guys should be promoted............word has it though that group that played today won't be around next year:confused: care to comment on that one?

~J~

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done westside fc A on promotion back to premier. on seeing your first game of the season i was not so confident. good fight all season by you guys

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to say I was a wee bit disappointed that we couldn't see Peg again for all the marbles, but we'll obviously take it!

Hats off to Richmond! We only narrowly beat you and as was said earlier, the draws killed you!
Tough pill for the young Peg boys to swallow and I'm sure would have missed Adam today.
Sorry to hear about him breaking his leg and hope he gets back soon.

To all the boys at Westside; it was a long battle, but we got there. Anybody up for a bevvy?:D

GIT IN YA DANCIN' BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupid Kid That was me celebrating, and I wasn't celebrating the tie. I was happy to see that little prick sharky finally shut up. Everyone bitches at Westside for there yap they are half as bad as you guys. Sharky spends all game verbally attacking others and it was nice to see his reaction after the game. All in all it is to bad you guys are not going up as you would have represented far better than Westside will.

Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0