Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1 2007] January & February Results, Banter & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div 1 2007] January Results, Banter & Predictions

Keeper said:
Eagerly awaiting.... no word on the Excellent Site yet.
Club Ireland 0-3 Westside FC 'A'

A disappointing display by the Bhoys today...Westside thoroughly deserved all 3-points, albeit, I'd have to say our fcukin awful performance made things much easier for them...even they'd have to admit that much, based on our first meeting earlier this year.

Not much else to say outside of Westside played their typical patient style of footy and capitalized on our mistakes.

My apologies to the Peg guys who made the trek to Richmond...I wish we could have put in a better performance to help you guys seal promotion, but our lads were obviously still suffering from a lack of motivation based on our elimination from the promotion race last weekend.

Hopefully we can finish the season on a positive note against Royal Utd next weekend and look forward to next year!

Good luck to the old men of Westside and young guns of Peg...regardless of who finishes first, they will be well deserving after a long and incredibly intense season.

On a side note, I feel the need to express my disappointment in the behaviour of some of the true Westside veterans such as Pettingale and Jammo...I realize and understand how competitively driven they must still be, but they are two of the whiniest (sp?) bitches I have ever heard, and that includes the likes of some Lobbans, Sarajevo, & Serbian White Eagle players...you'd think after all they've accomplished as players and the level they've played at that they would play with a superior level of class and integrity...just my two-cents, but an opinion I've heard echoed amongst others in our division too.

Cheers,

Burnro

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
...Wow, somebody (some bodies) must not have shown up today.
True enough Keeper...we were missing two regular starters today, and of course, playing another game without myself in goal...been out of the pipes since November with a serious back injury...man it sucks being glued to the sidelines only coaching!!!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

On a side note, I feel the need to express my disappointment in the behaviour of some of the true Westside veterans such as Pettingale and Jammo...I realize and understand how competitively driven they must still be, but they are two of the whiniest (sp?) bitches I have ever heard, and that includes the likes of some Lobbans, Sarajevo, & Serbian White Eagle players...you'd think after all they've accomplished as players and the level they've played at that they would play with a superior level of class and integrity...just my two-cents, but an opinion I've heard echoed amongst others in our division too.

you felt the need did you? realize and/or understand? i don't think so.
i'm completely sure you don't realize, or have one sweet piss of a clue how these two players are driven. pissing and moaning for a purpose is a fine art. aske the likes of besty.:D

there is only one reason the likes of jammo, petts, wicksy, boban, etc. players are gracing the pitch on which the likes of club i are lucky enough to share the pitch with the rest of us priveleged few...the love of the game.
they want nothing more to win. that my friend is what drives a club like westside to win...not the whining...the winning.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

cerebral smallsy said:
they want nothing more to win. that my friend is what drives a club like westside to win...not the whining...the winning.

The winning side of things for Westside was evident yesterday in the piss taking we took.

Throughout the entire season we have managed to scrap through games, at least getting some sort of result but yesterday was not to be. Every player wearing the Hoops came out and shat themselves for 90 minutes. Regardless of not being in the hunt for promotion, which was over when we drew Peg out at Newton, we needed to stand up and be counted for some pride, instead we seemed to of packed it in once the opening whistle blew. A huge eye opener in terms of where we are as a club IMO.

On a brighter note, RUFC Div 1's lost to their Div 2 Cat team on Minoru turf lastnight. I'll leave the game report to Kippax . :)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

cerebral smallsy said:
i'm completely sure you don't realize, or have one sweet piss of a clue how these two players are driven. pissing and moaning for a purpose is a fine art. aske the likes of besty.:D

there is only one reason the likes of jammo, petts, wicksy, boban, etc. players are gracing the pitch on which the likes of club i are lucky enough to share the pitch with the rest of us priveleged few...the love of the game.

Wow Smalley!

I got all misty reading that:D

A late night/early morning post that has the bevvy all over it. Love it! I'm surprised you could see the keyboard:D

Not much to say about the game that hasn't already been said.
We felt pretty comfortable from the start although I would have thought that we would have seen a more determined Club I.

Hat off to club i champ for giving it all he had(including a late elbow;) ) and not giving up on the game.

As far as the whining; shite happens in football and that includes a wee moan. Every team thinks the other mob is the worst they've heard.
The veterans on Westside are a driven bunch of lads and its boys like that that push younger boys on.
Like cic mentioned that his teammates never stood up to be counted, these boys did.....and do game in, game out.........

BTW, that was one of Petts' quieter games:D

Stupdkid; good luck today and next week. We'll be waiting.....

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

cerebral smallsy said:

Wow...had a good piss up last night did you Smallsy?!?! Judging by your reponse to my post, you didn't have your own "sweet piss of a clue" what I actually said...you're spouting off about how driven these lads are and all I questioned was their on-pitch whining. Fcuk me Smallsy, get off your knees mate..."gracing the pitch"..."lucky enough to share the pitch"..."us privileged few"??? What the hell are you on about mate?!?! Anyone who watches these players compete can understand how driven they still are, and credit to them. I was merely suggesting that veterans such as themselves could play and behave on the pitch with a greater level of dignity and class.

I agree with Dancin Bear that a 'wee bit of moaning' is part of the game, but when it's non-stop and endless throughout the 90-minutes...christ man, enough is enough...it's like listening to girls youth soccer!

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Smally, Dancing Bear not to question Westside vets passion, love and desire for the game but how many of you guys are going to play in Prem next year?

Animal

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

yes, my post was clearly tainted by the bevvy. a little defensive and perhaps alot overstated. no apologies though. i guess when you play with guys long enough you don't even hear the whinging.:D
animal, we're not contemplating next year. just the next game. it would be nice to face peg one more time to decide the league. that being said, the idiots will make for a tough last game. i'm sure there will a pint or five in it for you and the lads if you steal some points.
now leave me alone. i'm going back to bed.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

animal said:
Smally, Dancing Bear not to question Westside vets passion, love and desire for the game but how many of you guys are going to play in Prem next year?

Animal

Why? You looking for a game?:D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I see Lobbans got smoked 7-2 by Wickham. Did Lobbans have another red card parade? Have the wheels fallen off since their keeper ditched them? Inspector Blake, are you out there?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congratulations to all the players and coaching staff at Delta Metro United for securing promotion to Premier today in their first season with a 2-0 win over Fiji.

Well done lads:D

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

crafty cokcney said:
Congratulations to all the players and coaching staff at Delta Metro United for securing promotion to Premier today in their first season with a 2-0 win over Fiji.

Yeah BABY!!!!

One hell of a year. After dropping our one and only game to Punjab in week 1 we managed to go 14-3-0 to finish off the season.

Needless to say a great battle with Punjab all season long - they never gave us a chance to take our foot off the gas and made it necessary for us to win our final game to clinch promotion.

Punjab - you guys have a hell of a team and I'd be shocked if you guys weren't making the move to Premier next season.

To all the Delta lads - CONGRATULATIONS on one hell of a season.

Onto the Imperial Cup and a date with Sapperton in the coming weeks.

The pints are gonna taste good tonight!!!

4ST OUT!!!!!:bronco: :bronco:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

crafty cokcney said:

Great stuff boys, well deserved and I am not surprised.

A fantastic achievement.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congratulations to the Delta Metro team.......they are the best division one team I have watched this season. Well done.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent site shows Peg got the result they needed to keep pace with Westside... Who do they have for their final game and anyone know when/where?

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to City Blaze. It was a close battle right down to the final game of the season. Best of luck in Premier.

Our club - Punjab Hurricanes - went 18-0 in Division 2 and we weren't expected to finish as high as we did in Division 1 - although 2nd place doesn't mean much at the end of the day - our club should be proud of the fact that in 2 seasons we went from a Division 2 club to one game away from a spot in Premier.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strictly Business said:
Congrats to City Blaze. It was a close battle right down to the final game of the season. Best of luck in Premier.

Our club - Punjab Hurricanes - went 18-0 in Division 2 and we weren't expected to finish as high as we did in Division 1 - although 2nd place doesn't mean much at the end of the day - our club should be proud of the fact that in 2 seasons we went from a Division 2 club to one game away from a spot in Premier.
Thanks and agreed... well done Hurricanes. We did NOT want to face off against you guys in a one game playoff. Your lot will be at the top next season.

I was on pins and needles until our SUPER SUB came on with 20 mins to go and potted 2. Well done RC!!!:cool:

PS We sure noticed you sent Hammer (sp?) over to Fiji as a youth transfer for the match... not pulling any punches, eh boys!?!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0