Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAFA battled hard despite being down and pulled out a consolation goal with ten minutes, spoiling Andy Dunn's shoutout bid in his goaltending debut. Cheers to the CAFA boys for a good clean match. Thought the ref did a good job as well. On to a big early-season tilt with Rino's next week.

Andy Dunn between the sticks? Is he injured? I heard against Richmond he was stapled to the bench late in the game while watching Nobby Stiles slowly cover the same 5 yards of Hillcrest grass ad infinitum. What gives?

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat...... Yet to show their best and playing minus Rueben
Rich. FC Olympics ‘A’.... Imperial Cup revenge on their mind

Norvan Pacific ‘A’ ..... So far so good
Vancouver Olympics..... Not looking lke a top of the table team this year

Binger’s Army..... Army always shows up
Rino’ Vancouver SC ‘A’ ..... Rob again pulling his hair out

Estrella de Chile ‘A’..... Very strong team
Desmesh FC...... Not great but far from bad

Lobbans FC..... Dirty and apparently lousy
CAFA United..... Cafa means coffee in Croatian so maybe they'll wake up

I didn't find Lobbans to be dirty at all. Young team but not dirty.
I haven't seen NK, Chile, Norvan, Demesh or the olympics play but thus far, I think Rino is the team to beat. They'll do well down the stretch if that English guy in the middle plays soccer instead of yelling at the ref all game.
Looking forward to seeing NK this year and counting down the hours till Friday night. We should have a full team with no one going out of town.

Lobbans will beat CAFA
Norvan over Olympics
Rino over bingers
Chile over Demesh

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Andy Dunn between the sticks? Is he injured? I heard against Richmond he was stapled to the bench late in the game while watching Nobby Stiles slowly cover the same 5 yards of Hillcrest grass ad infinitum. What gives?

It was actually only 3 yards and it was mostly weeds.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes Dezza, Dunner has a torn ACL so we thought the best approach would be to put him between the pipes in a fairly one-sided game, just to see how it reacted. Truth is Critter hasn't been performing, letting his GAA slip to a dismal 0.75, so we decided to make a change.

As for your second "question," Nobby Styles, Cheese and the rest of the Army vets have answered the bell for this squad for years, and this season is no different. If more guys had the same understanding of the game, teamwork, heart and class as that crew, the league (and the TTP for that matter) would be better off. Also, not sure if your "sources" were at the Van Olympics game but, if they were, they would have seen Nobby, Cheese and Finchy carving up the left side of mid en route to a 3-0 victory.

See you on the weekend,
GB.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right about Hill Crest. Field is full of weeds. Sad to see. Such a good Park go to weeds. I am not sure why city has tuns of money. Army normaly plays on South Memorial Park.

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe The Army should get a Goat to clear the weeds at Hillcrest.

Hillcrest will likely no longer be an issue. Thanks to our parks board/Olympic Legacy/curling rink there are two metal drain covers, one is in the field of play on the sidelines and one is just off the field. It is no longer safe to play on this field and it looks like the parks board is not interested in removing the drain covers. Obviously a very embarrassing situation for them and an expensive problem to fix. We have now gone from 4 good fields at Hillcrest to one useable field on the NE side of the park.

The only possible explanation is that the person(s) who put these drain covers in their current location was unaware that this was a playing field used by soccer and baseball, which is hard to believe. Let's hope it was done without consultation with the parks board, otherwise they will look worse than they already do on this one.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Dezza, Dunner has a torn ACL so we thought the best approach would be to put him between the pipes in a fairly one-sided game, just to see how it reacted. Truth is Critter hasn't been performing, letting his GAA slip to a dismal 0.75, so we decided to make a change.

As for your second "question," Nobby Styles, Cheese and the rest of the Army vets have answered the bell for this squad for years, and this season is no different. If more guys had the same understanding of the game, teamwork, heart and class as that crew, the league (and the TTP for that matter) would be better off. Also, not sure if your "sources" were at the Van Olympics game but, if they were, they would have seen Nobby, Cheese and Finchy carving up the left side of mid en route to a 3-0 victory.

See you on the weekend,
GB.

I'm not sure how much of that is TTP and how much is truth, but if Dunn really has a torn ACL then I offer my sincere condolences. Having done both of mine, I know what a long and painful road it is to get back to playing.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure how much of that is TTP

Only the top half. Critter was away last weekend so we went to plan B (or perhaps plan C). Andy is healthy. He actually did really well in net, although he did look tiny in there.

The ACL is a bad one, glad to hear you are back out there.

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, good point. Although I think Gary's dives were a little more fluid. Dunner looked a bit like a building falling over.

The only thing that was fluid in GBlair's performance was the cooler draining exploits alongside Kaiser, Nobby and Gilzinho. He will remain legendary for his torpedo headers over top of players that were more than a foot taller than him.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much really to add to sparky's post full credit to Hrvat who seemed like everything they touched was going in just came out with a ton of more effort then anyone on our squad did. It was a poorly coached week and the proof was in the pudding thank god it rained to wash away that game so we can refocus for next week. Good to see and talk to the watcher who probably hasn't seen a beating like that since I played for the Knights ;). Anywho on to next week as things will definately be interesting the rest of the way good luck Hrvat we will see you soon .

cheers , the rattler

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much really to add to sparky's post full credit to Hrvat who seemed like everything they touched was going in just came out with a ton of more effort then anyone on our squad did. It was a poorly coached week and the proof was in the pudding thank god it rained to wash away that game so we can refocus for next week. Good to see and talk to the watcher who probably hasn't seen a beating like that since I played for the Knights ;). Anywho on to next week as things will definately be interesting the rest of the way good luck Hrvat we will see you soon .

cheers , the rattler

I seem to remember the Knights putting up more of a fight:knvb: Absolute slaughter last night. Richmond started strong and had several promising runs that were smartly shut down by NK's quick and tricky sweeper Sandro. He had to leave the game with a swollen ankle after 20 which made the NK sideline quite nervous. Our fears were put to rest when Anthony H. slotted home a Nico through ball to start the locomotion. Nico potted his own to put the Hrvati up two at the half. The second stanza had just begun when NK added a third then a forth before Richmond got one back. Immediately after that a penalty was converted to make it 5-1. Then super pest/player of the game DeLuca stripped the exhausted Richmond defender for a hard earned telling sixth. All that was left was for the captain Goose to pummel home the seventh with his head. He actually contacted the ball on his recovering goose egg which began to re-swell a tad. A fitting exclamation mark on a shocking coming out party. The Watcher said the best was yet to come but this was a real treat. Kudos to NK's debuting coach "Cupo" who by his mere presence commands a respect that permeates the roster. Combine that with his unparralled grasp on the mechanics of the beautiful game and you might just see a run that will rival this years sockeye extavaganza.

Choo Choo!!

PS.... Good to see the Rattler hiding behind that big red thicket growing on his face.

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers 3 -3 Rino's

Exciting and fast-paced game on a soaking pitch. Bingers led twice but found themselves 3-2 down going into the closing stages. Their equalizer was the result of some truly appalling refereeing, which both sides fell victim to throughout the game.

After that, Binger's looked the more likely to win it against our 10 men until we won a last-second penalty. More precisely, I won it and duly missed it...I'm not the designated taker but couldn't pass up the chance to complete a hat-trick with the last kick of the game.

Bollocks.

Great game...I would say we shaded it on chances but it was end to end stuff throughout.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile 6-2 Demesh - Not very much to see here, Chile dictates the pace of the game for long periods at a time. Demesh try their best and at times worry the Chile defense and manage to pop 2 in by never giving up on any ball. Strong performance after a dismal effort last week by E.de.Chile. Big matches coming up against the two Olympics. pd

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much to add to Chazling's report. Exciting game with lots of chances both ways. In the end, I think either team would have been gutted with a loss so probably a fair result, especially considering I gifted Rino their first goal on possibly the worst back pass in history and the second was about five yards offside :confused:

It was the LG show again on our side with two terrific goals. Chazling was at it all game and created most of the Rino attack. And credit for stepping up to take a last second peno. Never easy. Took a tremendous save from our call-up keeper to preserve the point.

Re-match should be a cracker.

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I have to say that Lance is a really, really good striker. His first touch and positioning are absolutely unbelievable and he always wants the ball. Definitely a top player in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0