Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calway

Dec 8, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan vs Chile
A good game in general but in the end the better side won with a hard fort performance by the Norvan bois. Grit and determination was the succes in todays game with 3 good goals and a really solid performance at the back. The Chile's gave it there all and played clean and fair but towards the end of the game they seem to lack fitness and so norvan punished.

Norvan FC 3
Chile Fc 1

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan vs Chile
A good game in general but in the end the better side won with a hard fort performance by the Norvan bois. Grit and determination was the succes in todays game with 3 good goals and a really solid performance at the back. The Chile's gave it there all and played clean and fair but towards the end of the game they seem to lack fitness and so norvan punished.

Norvan FC 3
Chile Fc 1

Wow, the way you put it, you held the ball the entire game and did not resort to kick and run ball at all riiiiiiiiiiiight, lol.

Seriously, I caught only the 2nd half. Norvan was much more physical and better prepared, however, Chile owned the ball and things simply did not materialize,add to that two key mistakes by our defense and that's all she wrote, props to Norvan for exploiting and capitalizing on those and taking home the three points.

However, I wouldn't go out on a limb like our "troll" friend has and say Norvan was "fitter", they were stronger and played their kick and run style to a tee and our guys were never able to figure their defence out. But don't fool yourself, there is a reason why they won two games in prem last year.

Every team has a bad game and Chile had it against the wrong opponent. We'll regroup and comeback strong next week.

Calway, welcome to TTP, I notice you are 3 posts strong, please keep posting and let us all know when you decide to use your 'real' account, but I doubt you will...lol

PD

Calway

Dec 8, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no kick and run from our side that was more like ur keeper looking for route 1 with every chance he got along and ur back 4 had the same idea.
You might of had a off game but we showed up and walked away with the 3 points comfotable. In the end it was a good honest game of soccer and a big result for who ever come away with the 3 points.
Onwards and upwards it will be a good season and will be a battle for top as there are a few teams in contenstion.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any other results cause the new vmsl website is not up and running yet?

It is - the home page isn't the same address as the one everyone has likely bookmarked. It's pretty much exactly the same info, just different look and format.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no kick and run from our side that was more like ur keeper looking for route 1 with every chance he got along and ur back 4 had the same idea.
You might of had a off game but we showed up and walked away with the 3 points comfotable. In the end it was a good honest game of soccer and a big result for who ever come away with the 3 points.
Onwards and upwards it will be a good season and will be a battle for top as there are a few teams in contenstion.

Next time you decide to come discuss a game, start off with this approach as opposed to your completely idiotic first two posts, I counted 26 "boots" from your defense to your forwards in the 2nd half alone, no kick and run, really(??), I am glad i missed the first, lol.

One thing is the goalie kicking it up and the other is your entire backline doing it...our defense got desperate when we went down a couple goals and fell into the kick and run trap, but that is not Chile's game and most people on here can tell you that. I gave your team props for keeping true to your style, don't get upset, you took the three points and that's all that matters, but just cause you win doesn't mean you played nice and can come on here painting a pretty picture about the win, you grinded out a win, capitalized on three key mistakes, period, good for Norvan, shitty for Chile, we weren't up to par.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next time you decide to come discuss a game, start off with this approach as opposed to your completely idiotic first two posts, I counted 26 "boots" from your defense to your forwards in the 2nd half alone, no kick and run, really(??), I am glad i missed the first, lol.

One thing is the goalie kicking it up and the other is your entire backline doing it...our defense got desperate when we went down a couple goals and fell into the kick and run trap, but that is not Chile's game and most people on here can tell you that. I gave your team props for keeping true to your style, don't get upset, you took the three points and that's all that matters, but just cause you win doesn't mean you played nice and can come on here painting a pretty picture about the win, you grinded out a win, capitalized on three key mistakes, period, good for Norvan, shitty for Chile, we weren't up to par.

i've seen a couple of your games.. you guys will be fine.. every team has an off day now and then.. rematch wont even be close..

if anything the wake up call will not bode well for the other teams the rest of the way...

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
4.5/5...not bad

Without getting too technical, predicting a win and getting a draw is not a half point, so you got 4 out of 5. Also Rino's, Bingers and Richmond were shoe-ins, as the results showed, so in reality out of two results that weren't clear-cut you got 1 right.

Better than getting nothing right...

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Without getting too technical, predicting a win and getting a draw is not a half point, so you got 4 out of 5. Also Rino's, Bingers and Richmond were shoe-ins, as the results showed, so in reality out of two results that weren't clear-cut you got 1 right.

Better than getting nothing right...

you're right - norvan was a shoe-in as well. easy week to guess.

0 for 1 it is...

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're right - norvan was a shoe-in as well. easy week to guess.

0 for 1 it is...

Keep your head up mate, there's always this week. 3 tough games to call... Richmond and Chile are this weeks shoo-in victories

I'll take Rino's seeing as you'll want Bingers
I'll give Lobbans their first point of the season, I'm nice like that
And Norvan over the Olympics (nearly qualified as a shoo-in)

What do you think?

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep your head up mate, there's always this week. 3 tough games to call... Richmond and Chile are this weeks shoo-in victories

I'll take Rino's seeing as you'll want Bingers
I'll give Lobbans their first point of the season, I'm nice like that
And Norvan over the Olympics (nearly qualified as a shoo-in)

What do you think?

I'm thinking one of your "shoe-ins" is going to be wrong. NK or Desmesh will get some points.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thinking one of your "shoe-ins" is going to be wrong. NK or Desmesh will get some points.

I would say it's much more likely that NK take points, as they seem to be somewhat stingy on defense. That said, it's Thanksgiving long weekend which means teams are bound to be missing players and anything can happen.

I noticed the Norvan game is moved to Loutet. Anyone know the reason why? How will they do on grass?

Calway

Dec 8, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im sure the rematch will be good to watch as a spectator from the sidelines let alone playing on the field LOL. Good luck during the season.:rolleyes:

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was using the phrase 'shoo-in' more than I ever had before, so after posting I looked it up, anal, what can I say. Apparently it's spelled 'shoo-in', referring to only having to shoo a horse over the line, it's so much superior, who knew.

Haven't seen NK this year, but from their results and Richmonds I would expect Richmond to win easy enough. I have seen desmesh play though and they didn't look a very competent side, but they did pull out that 1-1 with Norvan so maybe you're right

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im sure the rematch will be good to watch as a spectator from the sidelines let alone playing on the field LOL. Good luck during the season.:rolleyes:

I am sure Norvan having 1 sub affected your playing status, lol, who are you? probably the crazy englishman running to all the long balls your d was feeding down the flanks, LOL

Calway

Dec 8, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who wud of thought it Mr newton always got something to say lol :p, im looking forward to the rematch already if your not careful il slip another passed u lol:D. Good luck on the weekend.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat...... Yet to show their best and playing minus Rueben
Rich. FC Olympics ‘A’.... Imperial Cup revenge on their mind

Norvan Pacific ‘A’ ..... So far so good
Vancouver Olympics..... Not looking lke a top of the table team this year

Binger’s Army..... Army always shows up
Rino’ Vancouver SC ‘A’ ..... Rob again pulling his hair out

Estrella de Chile ‘A’..... Very strong team
Desmesh FC...... Not great but far from bad