Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL 2002/03 Premier League Results

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa

Ankle Breaker,

From what I see, Khalsa is doing alright. No need for changes there. A good squad that I respect. You have to get that over-sized "Tickle-Me-Jesse" in shape before he can help you though.:D Luke and him are so alike.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Kindel, Morello, et All

Originally posted by whataboutbob
. Can you imagine what the result would have been if we had Mike, Kent played out and Artuso played all game.................Scarey thought! :rolleyes:
\

Can you imagine if we could hold onto a lead??

5 extra points!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 2
Africatina/The Team Formerly Known As Argentina 2

Hmm. What to say about this one.....

The rumours are quite true, there has been a major overhaul from the previous Argentia team to the one we played at Hillcrest on Sunday. Having seen both lots play, I'd say the current version retained the services of 3-5 former Argentina players, and injected a lineup largely made up of African-Canadian players.

They've got about 3 or 4 players who are exceptionally quick and have deft touch on the ball. Their major problem is that they put these players out on the field with about 8-9 other guys who range in skill level from div.1 to div.3 - thus, there is a fair share of in-bickering between the more skillful guys and the less skillful guys.

The game itself was pretty hard on the eyes. You could count the chances Africa-Argies had on one hand, yet they still managed to pot two goals. So you could say they finished their chances well. We carried play for the most part throughout the match, but can't really say that we played a good, or even average, game. Certainly not the way you want to start the new year. The final 35 minutes they completely sat back and relied on a counter-attack which looked dangerous because of the speed they had up front, but produced no real chances on goal - we hit the post/crossbar three times down the stretch, but couldn't manage to pot the game-winner.

Things went kinda haywire at the end of the match with a puzzling sequence between their coaching staff/supporters and the referee, getting into a bit of a row over coming onto the field to assist an injured teammate. Like, they came on the field and stood there despite the referee's insistance that they leave immediately. I suppose we'll have to wait and see his report to see what the outcome will be. I believe he blew the match dead before the full injury-time was played.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "New" TNN

It would be great to see the Argies take some points from side A. This would definitely help our playoff chances.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depth & Inter

Zaurrini,

Oh I can see it now. Putting on that brave face in the public eye; a standing ovation for your leader; the team going out for pizza and beers after the game... oh wait, I was there after the game and your factions split into 4 different directions. 3 guys hang around for a pint afterwards-brutal! We have depth, we just don't have 23 of them. 16 is enough. Fil, if you were at the game, you would have saw our depth. With 3 starters (Mike, TT, Manny) out, 3 replacements plus another 3 subs in during the game, Adamo "Super Sub" Artuso destroyed that poor, brutal, div 2 looking defender. Thats depth. Why didn't you use your depth where you needed it-on defence?

With your team destined for a Provincial spot, you got to ask yourself:
During the Provicials, only 18 guys can be on the roster. With Holiday back from an injury, you not playing, McNabb coming back, who are the 6 guys who have no hope in hell in playing in the Cup?
It is the main reason we all play in this league.

hmmmmmmmm.......

WABstirringthepotalittlemorevigorously;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess these guys are in a strange situation because they've only got a handful of games left in their season, which basically just started. Still, they've already managed to accomplish in one game what the old Argies failed to do in 14 - earn a point.

Please don't let my initial post give the idea that I was very impressed with this team or the style they play. Simply not the case. They try to play a bit, but don't have enough quality players to do it. They have a few bright spots in an otherwise dull lineup. I expect Surrey and Khalsa to lay a severe whipping on Africatina in the next two weeks.

Zeus, I recognized a couple of guys, but the kid up front who was running miles (and scored the game-tying goal) was a complete unknown. To me, anyhow.

WAB, with the addition of Adamo and the expulsion of certain old, cagey center backs, Sapperton looks primed for a push for the playoffs.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The "New" TNN

It would be great to see the Argies take some points from side A. This would definitely help our playoff chances.

better start praying for that spot & a new coach;) :D ;) :p :p :p :eek:

sid

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Depth & Inter

Zaurrini,

Oh I can see it now. Putting on that brave face in the public eye; a standing ovation for your leader; the team going out for pizza and beers after the game... oh wait, I was there after the game and your factions split into 4 different directions. 3 guys hang around for a pint afterwards-brutal! We have depth, we just don't have 23 of them. 16 is enough. Fil, if you were at the game, you would have saw our depth. With 3 starters (Mike, TT, Manny) out, 3 replacements plus another 3 subs in during the game, Adamo "Super Sub" Artuso destroyed that poor, brutal, div 2 looking defender. Thats depth. Why didn't you use your depth where you needed it-on defence?

During the Provicials, only 18 guys can be on the roster. With Holiday back from an injury, you not playing, McNabb coming back, who are the 6 guys who have no hope in hell in playing in the Cup?
It is the main reason we all play in this league.

hmmmmmmmm.......

Starting to make sense....

Clubs are reminded that the transfer deadline is 2003-01-15

Good luck WAB:)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Depth & Inter

Zaurrini,

We all signed on for the year....knowing full well of the situation; signing lots of players.
If people want to leave at the end of the year...they can go. But, until then we are all contributing...

But we all have one goal in mind:
Win the provincial cup. Period.

Zaurrini

PS I didn;t play because I was scared of getting hit by you!!! after I hit you below your skirt last time...and there was no call on the play...and I set up the winner...;)

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KHALSA PLAYER TRYING OUT FOR THE WHITECAPS

Rumor has it, leechy tactics aka JASON SARAI will be trying out for the whitecaps????????????

what do u guys think???????????????

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: KHALSA PLAYER TRYING OUT FOR THE WHITECAPS

Originally posted by Khalsa
Rumor has it, leechy tactics aka JASON SARAI will be trying out for the whitecaps????????????

what do u guys think???????????????

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I think you should start another thread.
I am sure Cerebral Smallsey will help you start a "khalsa players trying out with the whitecaps " thread

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not, ever other over-rated player in the leauge is on the team already, why not him.

Wrong thread BTW.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
results of a different kind...

...from the displinary "hearings" - according to the excellent site has WAB getting 3 games and clarke getting 2.
sounds like more than just an arm take down and slap to the head...unless the ref embellished the game report. that would be a shocker:rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No.

It was pretty accurate report.

Problem for WAB is it wasn't his first time being disciplined....whereas for Clrake it was his first Red.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0