Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vernon Co-ed Tourny

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: News article from the "Vernon Morning Star" Paper

Originally posted by Guru
Camels come through in the clutch...brushed back Buddha of Maple Ridge in the championship game.

In the Recreational A Division final, the Young Guns of Vancouver edged Vernon’s Beauties and Beasts 2-1.

Two things that are not right here:

1st, why would Buddha go to Vernon instead of the very tough and menicing TRY HARD F.C. of the our beloved Co-Ed league?
Try Hard F.C. could have brought home some silver ware or at least a Totem Pole.

2nd, why did they league chumps Young Guns play in the Rec. Division? Where they scared to play the Try Hard F.C. in a rematch of the Cup Final? Perhaps Young Guns did not know that the Old-School Budha had been sent to represent Maple Ridge in Vernon.

Last question, was bread broken or beers chugged between these two local Co-ed teams, or was the tension as thick as knvb on TTP.

Best team name: Beauties and Beasts

HOSwantsDragoonschangedto
SnowWhite and the 7 Dwarfs

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firstly, don't think for a minute that the loss had anything to do with BJ in the pipes for the PK's :rolleyes:
I suspect that Buddah is trying hard to shake the name Tryhard......

Second, as for Young Guns. There were several teams in the Rec side which shouldn't have been Rec. not just YG. I don't think there is a great deal of difference from the top 4 of Rec. to the bottom 4 from the Comp. side. Maybe next year they should look at the top 3 from the rec side MUST move to Comp. and the bottom 3 from Comp. move down. I know teams change, and some drop out and new teams enter, but the ones who return year after year know about where they should be slotted. The Vernon team that played YG were all kids with piss and vinegar. Bunch of egotrip fags and dykes. They entered in Rec. for the $$$ not the Competition. At least the Camels were in it for the competition, and it was evident by them donating the purse to local soccer.

Lastly, as for the beergarden (love that term "BeerGarden"...so peaceful and serene) The PoCo teams seemed to be enjoying each others company between games as well as at night. I don't recall seeing any Vernon teams hoisting any brew between games at all.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru

That has to be one of the best signatures out there! As for the $500 we won, it's going towards beer, but we're donating the empties towards youth soccer.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Guru

Originally posted by Dial 9-1-1
That has to be one of the best signatures out there! As for the $500 we won, it's going towards beer, but we're donating the empties towards youth soccer.

Thanks nineleven.

The way your first post was writen, I was under the impression you were not associated with any of the teams who went to Vernon...as it turns out you made a lot of money by playing teams below your calibre, just to win the purse....sup-wi-that?!?! Oh well....as long as you're donating 0.05¢ per beer (in the form of empties) to minor soccer, I guess it's kosher.

Next time you see Dan R. ask him if he's figured out the "Broom Master" yet. He'll know. It's a game best played by a bunch of drunken sots, who get real pissed off when they are made fools of. Unfortunately, Dan's not one to get riled easily. However, Nadine, and even thier daughter caught on, and Dan still coudn't figure it out...:D

Cartdriver: All that poor me poor me, hardluck story stuff.....I think someone needs a hug?!?!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/47059148/47059878XYwhat

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru

For the record, it's .10 per empty. We did it for the kids. We also spent about $100 of the winnings in the beer garden.

Like I said before, the REC division wasn't that recreational. We went REC because we were missing a lot of players and because we're old. Old bodies with alcohol in their system playing 3-4 games over two days in hot weather after a sleepless night at the Roach Motel isn't a pretty mixture. Just ask Dan R.

Not only were we lucky to take the cup and its $100 profit, but we were lucky to even be in the playoffs! That team we played in the final were all teens (too young to drink) with full gear, 10 subs, a coach, and a mascot to boot. If anything, you should be thanking us for beating them. And, how come the Gunners get off so easily?

By the way, we also avoided the Competitive side because we weren't going to give Buddha, MS, or the Carts an opportunity for any more TT ammo for at least another 9 months. Even though the Goons weren't even there, we've got HOS still calling us Chumps. I hope that was just a typo ;) . Let us enjoy our AMSL championship for awhile!

By the way, two pics from my album were "removed." You'll notice that the website's administrators weren't impressed with the bogus "Au Razor thong" and the "naked JR on bed with small dog" pics. I'm still waiting for all of you to create your own albums. It's a simple program to use if you download the Webshots Desktop.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Guru

For the record, it's .10 per empty. We did it for the kids. We also spent about $100 of the winnings in the beer garden.
Well no one bought me a beer!!! And the Snowman and Guru were on the side during the final supporting you guys...I guess that makes us "athletic supporters"...or losers :(

Like I said before, the REC division wasn't that recreational. We went REC because we were missing a lot of players and because we're old. Old bodies with alcohol in their system playing 3-4 games over two days in hot weather after a sleepless night at the Roach Motel isn't a pretty mixture. Just ask Dan R.
What a crock! We were the oldest team in the tourney (aside from the Masters) Our average age is close to 40. We stayed at Kekuli Bay...Dan and Nadine even showed up Sunday night for some bevies.

Not only were we lucky to take the cup and its $100 profit, but we were lucky to even be in the playoffs! That team we played in the final were all teens (too young to drink) with full gear, 10 subs, a coach, and a mascot to boot. If anything, you should be thanking us for beating them. And, how come the Gunners get off so easily?
We played them in the round robin. They were a bunch o' wankers. We played Gunners in the first game, and then were matched against the Gunners for our first playoff. They tied it up with no time left, on an own goal, then beat us on pk's. All the way to Vernon, to play the Gunnners twice, and a bunch of pimply faced pukes...what a waste of time. Unless the format changes, this is one U. Jacker who will miss the next trip up.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got all the hugs I need.....

Hugs? Well, after inviting some of the YG girls up Silver Star for the Cart party....our guys got all the hugs they desired! they found that hard luck stuff VERY attractive.

How did you get that picture of my sister btw?

No surprise on YG's taking the Rec div....I think we all saw that coming...and 911's take on playing a young team, in heat, with too much brew in the blood, etc...yeah, okay...can you say Vernon in August. Was he expecting snow and an AA conference? Shabby excuses for the league champs to go REC!

I strongly agree with a format change/mix-up...we travelled a long way and spent a lot of money to play Buddha and MS and no "new" teams. Good competition with better fields than our league, but would've been nice to see some other teams.

CD

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vernon not enough?

Well there's always the option of Yakima again. If memory serves, it takes place the week after Vernon. The fields are good, you play teams from the States and it lets you know how good we have it in B.C.:D

The drawbacks being the Canadian dollar, the Canadian dollar and the Canadian dollar. Oh yeah, you can't drink at the fields.:mad:

I think someone should look into going back there. After all Yakima is the 319th best sporting town in North America.:rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yakima

Even though our El Caminos would fit right in, in Yakima...no thanks. Not only is it the Cdn Peso vs the US Dollar, but that place is a freaking hole. Not that Vernon is Paris, but at least you don't have to worry about wearing the wrong colours to the night club or getting mugged at the Tim Hortin's in Vernon, . Every time I've been to Yakima, ugly shite broke loose, whether it be in the club, or at the Taco Bell, and the only tourist attraction is the lumber mill.

Now...I don't get you guys. One sec you're complaining about travelling 5 hours only to play Vancouver teams, and the next second you're complaining that you didn't get to play yet another Vancouver team (us).

I really don't want to debate this any further. We went Rec because we wanted to relax and not take it too seriously*. We've been there and done that many times. We also had 1/2 our lineup. If we were so dead-set on winning, why did our MVP play in net for us the first game?

If our tourney was done by Saturday afternoon (and we were only one goal away from being eliminated), so be it. But I'd rather have us lose two close matches in REC than get spanked 6-0 in COMP and then have to hear about it for the next 12 months (or longer).

If our full squad (or more than half) can make the journey next year, we'll see you in COMP; otherwise, you'll have to enter the REC if you want to play us.

*Note: Not taking it too seriously also means not continually bitching about it after the fact.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely

If I took it seriously you would see me still bitching about how I missed the game winner......wait a minute, there I go again.
:rolleyes:

Is that your way of assuring us that you weren't trying hard in Vernon so it was OK to play in the REC division?

If you don't think you had the skills to play in a REAL tournament division then why are you always explaining and defending yourself?

:confused:

stir, stir, stir :D

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yoda said:
If you don't think you had the skills to play in a REAL tournament division then why are you always explaining and defending yourself?

This is my defense: we didn't have the skills to play in the REAL tournament division.

Is that your way of assuring us that you weren't trying hard in Vernon so it was OK to play in the REC division?

I have no problem admitting we are definite TRY HARDS in the AMSL. But from what I've heard, that wasn't the case in Vernon, nor was it our intention It's not like we had a team warm-up and stretch like that team in blue next to us.:D

I really don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend here. :confused: Someone please explain a) who is supposed to be in the REC and b) considering our roster, why we shouldn't have been in it.

The REC division isn't supposed to be only for the "I-am-300 pounds-and-never-played-soccer-in-my-life" players and teams. If we were clobbering teams 5-0 then I'd say you guys had a valid point. This wasn't the case...not even close to be precise.

Damn it, Yoda. I wish you buried that goal so that everyone would be in a better mood around here.

Better yet... I wish you scored that goal AND they then gave the trophy to the Carts for being the team that should have won it if they had the Killer Instinct.

All this whining has resulted in another picture added to the album. I think it takes about 30 minutes before it's officially uploaded.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love this stuff!

Boy I love this stuff.....who needs to watch ER reruns when 911 is on the soapbax here?? Classic stuff. Only on this great forum can we do more bitching about unimportant stuff after the fact than during.....

Gotta run now....I have some mint chocolate chip left in the freezer as part of my off season training program....and I am getting that killer instinct....

CD

CDhopingtonottripandtearsomethingonwaytofridgeandmissplayingYG'snextseason:D

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love this stuff too...REALLY!!

Cart,
No more complaining or whining from me, just good ol' fashioned/harmless TT.

For the record, I'm not sure we'll be playing the Carts next year. True to YG Inc. form, we're going to ask JR if we could have the REC schedule instead.

We're requesting that we not have to play teams that finished in the top 8 this year. Therefore, teams like Buddha and Cheatside will have to wait until the REC draw in Vernon next year to knock us off. We'll be feasting on the likes of Mavericks, Cat and Fiddle, and...wait a second...the Carts? Oops, hehe, I forgot about that little mishap near the end of the season.:D

As Yoda would say...stir, stir, stir.

Basic Rules

1. No threats about breaking legs or cleaning someone's throat with glass shards and gravel glued to a tree branch, or ripping someone's head off and shoving it so far up their ass that it comes back out their necK hole. etc.

2. No CAPS LOCK

3. If you get really angry you must take deep breaths and count to at least six thousand before you can post.

4. No more yadayadayada BS about REC and Vernon.

5. No more "Let's ALL gang up on 9-1-1." When's the last time someone picked on a Goon around here? How come the Beernuts are so unscathed? When did Gunther suddenly become everybody's favourite, lovable psycho? (Sorry Gunts, but we already spent the fundraiser $$)

Let the TT wars begin!!! (what forum should we post on?)

P.S. Oh yeah, Yoda I was looking to buy you a beer in Vernon, but apparently you were spending all day there in the whine gardens.:eek:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally!!

Well at least someone finally stepped up to the plate to acknowledge YG INC.
No surprise on YG's taking the Rec div
As for the complaint's I have read from a few teams that went to Vernon I must congratulate YG INC. on thier sound decision
we travelled a long way and spent a lot of money to play Buddha and MS and no "new" teams.
YG INC. played no teams from from Vancouver we ended up playing two teams from Vernon, one of them twice and a team from Kamloops!!I must add that our team scouts deserved a few extra drinks for their great scouting reports!!;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0