Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UCFV is CIS bound in 2006

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CIS OK's College of the Fraser Valley for 2006

Canadian Interuniversity Sport formally ratified the University College of the Fraser Valley's probationary membership application Thursday at a meeting in Aylmer, Que. UCFV becomes the 52nd member institution and will begin interuniversity competition in the fall of 2006.

This will be tough on the soccer program as they will get slaughtered for the first few years as i think they are having problems in the CCAA let alone CIS, but the basketball programs should be able to hold their own.
The Mens team is competitive every year and the womens team has been to the nationals for years, unfortunatley never being able to take the elusive gold medal.

I think now that they are in the CIS, they will draw better players and in years to come will improve.
I know when TWU was CCAA, their womens basketball team was aweful, but now that they've switched over, have become a very good team. And i'm pretty sure their womens soccer is quite good as well.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I know when TWU was CCAA, their womens basketball team was aweful, but now that they've switched over, have become a very good team. And i'm pretty sure their womens soccer is quite good as well.

Yoda,

There women's soccer team won the 2004-05 CIS National Championships so they are quite good considering when the started in the CCAA in the late 90's. Roxburgh has recruited very well over the last several years getting several BC players.

CHAB

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, great for them. To be honest i haven't followed it much and hadn't heard much about it so assumed the worst.
Guess that's par for the course with College B-ball and soccer, or any other College sport. They don't get recognition anywhere.
Look at the Womens UCFV basketball team, it took 3-4 years of undefeated seasons of league play before they decided to do a story on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0