Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Turf

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This would make a good topic for Whitecaps: World of Soccer :rolleyes:

Could you imagine the fall out if all turf fields in North America were deemed a health hazzard?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume they all made in China...they like their lead.

Health Canada doesnt usually mind toxic things as long as they are not being put in your body, like who whole BPA thing right now.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could you imagine the fall out if all turf fields in North America were deemed a health hazzard?

Not lead-related but health hazard related...

I have long been against synthetic surfaces for senior games and this year we had three serious injuries (one a potential career ender) playing on the surface (we only had 4 games all year on turf). Practices are fine as typically the tackles within your own team are less intense as quite frankly, they're on your team and you want them come the weekend.

I'd be interested to hear if there is a pattern around the league of injury.

Youth fine. Senior training fine. Senior games, too much inertia and not enough give to the surface.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
reedie's attachment said:
Lead can cause brain damage and other illnesses, particularly in children.

There we go, finally we found out why Reedie go nuts and is a MUPPET when he coach Pegasus on turf. :D :D :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's quite simple; senior gov't has unloaded programs onto municipalities and now the cities are unloading it back in the form of increased health care cost. Cities are saving money by way of turf, but it's costing all of us in health care.
Some day a study will be done by someone at UBC and it will confirm what we all know; the turf fields suck!

Bring back the grass.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not lead-related but health hazard related...

I have long been against synthetic surfaces for senior games and this year we had three serious injuries (one a potential career ender) playing on the surface (we only had 4 games all year on turf). Practices are fine as typically the tackles within your own team are less intense as quite frankly, they're on your team and you want them come the weekend.

I'd be interested to hear if there is a pattern around the league of injury.

Youth fine. Senior training fine. Senior games, too much inertia and not enough give to the surface.

I snapped my tibula (March 2007) at the Langley Turf.
I am pretty confident in saying that if it were a grass field, it would not have happened.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0