Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTPTV] Up Front with Reed & Thomo Feb 27 8PM

Will you be tuning in Feb 27th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up Front with Reed & Thomo

Tune in to TTP on Monday February 27th @ 8:00 PM for the first of what hopes to be a long run of webcasts here on TTP (and beyond).

The show will run for a minimum of one hour (open-ended) every 2nd Monday to start.

Format will consist of a segment on the local soccer scene, a guest interview, and then we will open the phones and take your calls and emails. Everything will be webcast here, I'll give more info on this as the week goes on.

Our first guest is Frank Yallop, Canadian National Men's Skipper who will be discussing the reasons why he feels the FVSL is so far behind the VMSL and what they need to do to rectify it. Tactical stuff. He may touch on the Men's game on March 1st in Austria as well if we can fit it in.

:D

As for the hosts of the show, I'll be working on some bio's and such for the pair of them, but really most of you probably know Rob Reed and Niall Thompson. Reedy is an original 6 member here of the forums while Niall is in the sign board reconstruction business :D

We'll be working very hard at this and hope that many of you will help support us by spreading the word and tuning in on Monday nights when the show airs.

Exciting times for local soccer as we attempt to extend TTP to another level!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Attachments

• Reed.jpg
    Reed.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Niall.jpg
    Niall.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 191

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will there be a 5 sec delay or will you just bleep out every time Niall uses the word C#@*!?:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
besty said:
Will there be a 5 sec delay or will you just bleep out every time Niall uses the word C#@*!?:rolleyes:
I think I heard him just call you a muppet.

:D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Christ i can't wait.

What's the phone in number going to be?

Nice work boys, these two boys could be very entertaining to say the least.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Phone number will be posted during the show... local and 1-800

We'll also set up an email and monitor it during the show.

Who'll be the first to say "first time caller, first time listener"?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the play on words with 'Up Front' seeing as they're both prolific strikers.

Let's see what kind of prolific talkers they are. ;)

We need to get Graham Brown on the phone to deliver Niall his first question.
The time Brownie called up Lenny Bobaduzzi on the air asking why Niall hadn't got a fair shake on a trip to California with the World Cup team was a thing of beauty to listen to...:D

Not that I should be the one critiquing Niall's coif, but any chance Reedy can lend him a comb in the studio?

Cheers,
RF

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pratt and Taylor of TTP, Reedie being the "FaT" fun loving guy that likes the Roxy and well Nial being the guy that works in North Burnaby. Should be a fun hour, is it on AM or FM?

First Caller, I think that it should go to Azzi, and why there are not more Superlative VMSLers on the National team?

Good job regs, too bad you couldn't go live from Kelly OB's on monday nights, now that would be a classic live show.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job regs, too bad you couldn't go live from Kelly OB's on monday nights, now that would be a classic live show.
Funny you should mention that because that is a plan for the future... we can actually do the show at it's most basic level on the road, all we would need is a laptop and a phone :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
we can actually do the show at it's most basic level on the road, all we would need is a laptop and a phone

Cheers,

~Regs.

Oh, we'll you're screwed then. Phones are tough to come by these days. Where the hell are you gonna get one of those?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know, I know... but we are hoping to strike a deal with one of the big mobility dealers in town to take care of that problem.

In reality, we just need to find a comb for Niall and some baby-sitters for all 3 of us :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about Lita? She has strong moral values...

I chatted with his hairness tonight (amazing, he did know we train on Mondays) and this should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

Can't wait

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations on this new embark TTP is taking, looking forward to watching it. Thanks for all the hard work that you put into making this such an interesting and innovative site.

knvb said:
How about Lita? She has strong moral values...

Maybe, I will be, wouldn’t that be a hoot but my dialling skills are a little slow and morals, morals are just rules and regulations that other people feel the need to conform to, to be seen by their peers in a superior light. Conformity, others rules, opinions = death to any type of happiness for me. I live by the oxymoron “my own morals”, but thanks for admiration, missed ya, babe ~ smooches.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick note:

The first few 'episodes' will be audio + slides only... video will be coming but we are definately not there yet in that regard (though I have been video taping what we've done so far, it's pretty funny) :D

Taped interview went well yesterday with Frank, about 40-45 minutes long with some pretty interesting discussions regarding soccer in Canada and Niall wanting to "bump into Janet Gretzky" :confused:

Cheers,

~Regs.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any chance on airing a cage match in the future with Osame vs big Bag in a winner gets to coach Poco next year tilt?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For tonights show, the player can be accessed from this page:

http://www.takethepiss.com/index.php?page=upfront

I will also change the upfront logo at the top of the site to link there. Currently, the player will play a buffering INSINC clip and then nothing. Live streaming will start around 7:45 PM Pacific tonight.

If by chance TTP goes down tonight, access the webcast from the following url (bookmark or jot down for future reference):

http://www.mediaontap.com/sports/soccer/ttptv/index.php

For calls and emails, the numbers and address will be published in the player and mentioned on "air" when that portion of the show rolls around.

That's it for now, see ya at 8:00 tonight!!!

Cheers,

!Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0