Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie Event: Canucks at Sharks

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where has this team been for the last 2-3 weeks?

The could go unbeaten for the next 10 days if they keep this up!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares how they got outshot, it's not like it was 30 quality chances to 12. Granted the Canucks only had like 3, but most of San Jose's shots were Boyle flipping it in from the blueline. Luongo was great, but he didn't have to be until the last 3 minutes and OT.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought they played a good road game. If Sundin had scored on that breakaway, everyone would be singing praises. Was Raymond the center that left Setaguchi alone ?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought they played a good road game. If Sundin had scored on that breakaway, everyone would be singing praises. Was Raymond the center that left Setaguchi alone ?

They had an extra man so inevitably someone was going to be open, so I'm not sure if you can put the blame on any one guy.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They had an extra man so inevitably someone was going to be open, so I'm not sure if you can put the blame on any one guy.

true enough!

the centerman was basically on the goal line jockeying with a nucklehead d-man for space. If it was Raymond, thats 2 times in 2 games where he's left his man to help Luongo and been subsequently scored on.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen, the Canucks played fair to decent last night, it was their system (reminds me of paint drying as far as entertainment factor) that kept it close, paired with a sleepy Sharks team.

Raymond was not at fault last night for much more than constant turnovers in the neutral zone.

On the Setoguchi tying goal Willie Mitchell had a miserable time of playing Thornton behind the net, instead of tying up his stick and putting him into the boards, he fished for the puck, lost it, and was caught flatfooted, then floated to the front of the net and helped block Lui.

The winner was what it was...bad luck, on the PK.

The refs were very poor in my mind last night, giving the nucks to Penalties in OT was a joke when SJ had one penalty all game. Was not at all indicative of the way the game went.

All in all AV looked to have the team ready to play for once, however his incessant need to juggle lines and line match ultimately cost the team the game again.

If it isn't one thing with this guy it is another.

Either the team comes out flat, because they are not prepared properly, and then chase the game, or they come out to play, but sacrifice all things entertaining and attacking to put the other team to sleep.

The D Corps have no confidence and the team take dumb penalties.

If I was Gillis I would try and make a substantial change to the team first, if I can't make a change personnel wise or have that improve the performace of the team I can AV and go in a new direction.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was the tying goal I was talking about, I think Luongo was the only Canuck on the ice for the winner.....

None the less, you are right. Raymond was even +/- and when I looked at the replay just now, it was clearly # 10, not 21.

I think AV must be feeling a bit of heat just about now....

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another thing to go with line juggling, when a line is playing well, you play them right? The province had ice times in there today and the Sedin's weren't the top forwards, and based on how they played why weren't they?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another thing to go with line juggling, when a line is playing well, you play them right? The province had ice times in there today and the Sedin's weren't the top forwards, and based on how they played why weren't they?

AV was trying to get out the Kesler line against their Thornton line, but with the sharks having last change that is why their line racked up so much ice time and killed any chance of offensive flow in the game.

He would send them out in anticipation, the Sharks would then send the Michalek/Clowe line out, then Kesler's line would take the faceoff and change, then the sharks would send the Thornton line out and then AV had Kesler and his crew scrambling back out there...

retarded at best.

Just play the damn game I say...If you don't have last change why try and line match!?:mad:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0