Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tragic Loss In Langley

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER (CBC) - An 18-year-old Langley man is dead after being struck by a car at Stokes Pit -- a popular Surrey hangout for young people.
Surrey RCMP say it appears the man was playing a game of chicken with his friend early Sunday morning, when he was hit and thrown 37 metres.

Corp. Diane Blain says no one else was injured in the accident. And Blain says it doesn't appear that drugs and alcohol were a factor.

=========================

It is my understanding that the player that was tragically killed plays for Langley Lightning U21 team. My Condolences go out to his family and friends along with his team mates.

More information will be posted as it becomes available to me.

Thanks
Chad.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure others from the club will post their thoughts as well. Sincere condolences go out to the family from ours.

Keep us posted on memorials, and the like, Chad.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was so sad to hear of yet another loss at Stokes Pit.

My condolences to all that knew this young man...tragic! :(

striker14

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An update to this sad event:

The funeral service for Jonathon Filer is on Friday, at 1:00pm at Langley Christian Life Assembly.

I would like to quote a message I received from his Coach, Will Pea****.

"Most of you probably are aware by now that one of our club members was killed in a tragic and senseless accident, last Saturday night. Jonathon Filer was 18 year old. He played for the U21 Lightning, and was truly an example to his peers, well liked, friendly, inspirational, reliable and hard working. Sometimes, the adjectives used seem contrived, almost like clichés.
Believe me, in Jonathon's case, he was all those things and more." - Will Pea****

The Filer Family have asked that in lieu of flowers that donations be made to a fund being set up with LUYSA. (Langley United Youth Soccer Assoc.). The fund is to be used for a Memorial fund or similar.

Thanks.
Chad Spurgeon

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I coach our U-21 have played Langley Lightning earlier this year as well last year and they are a good bunch of kids.

My condolences out to the family, friends and teammates of Jonathon.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played ball hockey this year with him on the All-Star Team. Just a great kid, always positive and willing to defend anyone of his teammates. He was our captain. My condolences to his family, friends, and teammates of Jonathon.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My cousin stopped to help and waited till the ambulance came. Him and his wife are still very upset with what they saw.

My deepest condolences to the family.

Rob Jandric

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0