Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TheRob's Canuck of the Week 2005/2006

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a year long hiatus, TheRob's COTW is back. Every week I will select the Canuck that has shown himself to be the best of the best for that week. How do I do this you ask? It's a complex equation that uses minutes played divided by assists minus penalty minutes multiplied by goals and then rounded to the nearest decimal point. Once that is done, I take pie and add the goals that player has scored and there you have it. COTW. Simple.

After all that, this weeks choice was easy. The captain Marcus Naslund is TR'sCOTW for the first week to the new NHL's season. Four goals in two games and tremendous leadership all around. Up until last night, he was the only Canuck forward to score. Easy choice when you use the aequation above.

Runner up's are: Matias Ohlund, and Bryan Allen.

Until next week, discuss.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you forgot to add something to your post

...For his excellent performance, Naslund will receive a prize of a pizza for two, compliments of THE GOLDEN BOOT CAFFE`. The prize is available up to 2005-10-28. The pizza must be consumed on the premises.

Way to go Azzi...

Manager

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a 5-2 victory over the Dallas Stars, it's time again for TheRob's COTW.

A couple of guys have stepped up this week. Goran got his first last night. Bertuzzi has scored two in the last two games. He hasn't registered at hit in those two games though. Naslund has played well. Carter.

I'm going to go with Richard Park this week though. He scored a big goal in the win over the Wild and another last night. This guy is fast, and once he starts to feel a little more comfortable in the Canucks system, I expect great things from him. We got a flash of it this week.

Honorable mentions go to: Ryan Kesler, Naslund, and Carter.

Please discuss.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with you on your choice this week TR. Park has been a great addition to the club, and has shown alot with his speed! Not a bad little wrist shot as well!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob's COTW is really taking off isn't it!

After much deliberation and many hours of video tape, I have decided that Daniel Sedin is TheRob's COTW. He lit the Avs up on the weekend and has played well over the last week. In fact, that line has been great. Nice to see Carter fight that Coyote punk too. Good job boys.

Runners up: Jovonovski, and Morrison.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that you have nailed it again this week TR! That whole line as been looking great so far this early season. With the addition of Carter and the way that they move the puck around...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He stole it from Mcrae who said it about a month ago. You should have known better. The chances of Franchise saying anything remotely funny are about as good as, well, me saying anything remotely funny.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
He stole it from Mcrae who said it about a month ago. You should have known better. The chances of Franchise saying anything remotely funny are about as good as, well, me saying anything remotely funny.

Actually I really thought it was a first...who listens to McRae that guy knows shite :rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure.

A little late due to a lingering upper body injury, but hey, here it is. TheRob's COTW.

I will pick Co-COTW's this week and go with the Sedin's. These two are playing very well and Carter compliments them wonderfully. The new NHL suits their game to a T and they showed it this past week. Look for great things from them in the coming weeks and months.

Runners up: Trevor Linden(PK Monster)and Alex Auld.

For the love of God and all that is holy, discuss.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well TR...I will agree with you once again! Your insight is bang on once again!

The Sister's are playing some great hocky right now! It was a couple of tough loses at the end of last week, but the Sedin's were the bright spots once again!

As for your runner up's...Linden has played great! Auld...I am unsure about right now. At the moment...it looks as though he has a five hole that you could drive a Peterbilt through! With him being a starter for at least this week...guess we will see what he is made of!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob's COTW is Alex Auld. If it wasn't for him, Calgary would have won 5-6 bagel instead of just one. He is getting the oppurtunity and is making the best of it. Dan who?

I know, I know. 30 wins three years in a row. Only three goalies have ever done it.

Runners up: Salo, and Jovonovski.

Sad. Three weeks into the season and Bertuzzi(aka:TBD)hasn't been a COTW yet.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has The Big Dummy really surprised anybody by his indifferent play? When has Bert EVER put it together for a full 60? Even when he was racking up the points, it was only because he'd wake up for the final 10 minutes and decide to take over the game.

Which is why the idiot is so damn irritating and attractive to fans. I still think he'll wake up and start making some hay this year, but Christ, the wait is agony. Obviously, until then, the rest of the line will suffer. Nazzy is being exposed as an average player with a great shot right now.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy choice for TheRob this week. He must read this forum and more specifically this thread. How else would he become so inspired. With five goals in the last three games Todd Bertuzzi gets the nod as TR'sCOTW.

Honorable mention goes out to Marcus Naslund, and Matias Ohlund.

Discuss.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree.

It was a thing of beauty when he woke up against Calgary last week. From behind the net, one hand on the stick, controlling the puck, the other arm shielding off two opposing players, long enough to come out in front, get the other hand on his stick, and snap a quick backhanded shot past Kiprusoff. Kiprusoff is so good because he's always set, ready for a shot, so it made that goal all the more impressive. His assist to Naslund later the same evening was equally impressive.

Hopefully this isn't temporary, and he'll continue to play motivated. I still maintain he can't be listed with the "Greats", because it is the consitency that put them up there. But, if he can keep it up for the season, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
With five goals in the last three games Todd Bertuzzi gets the nod as TR'sCOTW.
Another solid choice TR! Let's hope that he can continue on they way that he played last night vs Detroit!

It looks like that hit that he took towards the end of the Calgary game might have awoken the giant!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle!

Judging by your last two posts, Rex is bunked out at your house and using your TTP handle!

Cheers
Dude

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex isn't there. Argyle is just talking in his chinese kung foo movie accent.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0