Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Next Generation

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see he is on the 40 man squad for the Gold Cup. Maybe time to Punt Shaw and get on with Telus so I can Get Bein Sports Channel

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Reed looks sharp! Far sharper than Vic ever appeared in public.

Great news on Alphonso, there is a great piece on him on the WFC website, too.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My brief thoughts on the match:

(1) De Jong needs to go NOW. Not sure if it was just me and/or my admitted biased opinion that he is mince, but did anyone else notice the squad trying to play on the deck as much as possible except for De Jong hoofing it down the line over and over? Looked like he was complaining to everyone too about something or other. I think I saw Zambrano shouting instructions to him to play to feet as well.

(2) Davies did very well, hopefully the hype doesn't kill progress.

(3) I like where Zambrano's approach of attack-minded football can take this program. I do not like he has kept on certain coaching staff from previous failures.

(4) I miss seeing Atiba out there.

All in all, a win is a win for the program, hopefully they can at least score a goal in the upcoming Gold Cup :)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enjoyed the match. Was nice to see Canada at least try and play a offensive game.

Hoilett caused some problems down the flank. Going forward him and Davies on the wings is really gonna Help Larin and help Canada go forward. Still amazed that Davies is only 16....

Lots of players not in the lineup for Canada (Hutchinson, Arfield, Vittora, Cavallini, Osorio) and the game was really to get a look at some of the fringe players.

Overall a good win and was nice to see Canada come back. Second half they really took control of the game.

On to the Gold Cup where we will really see what this new younger team can do.

On a side note, I was surprised Curaco, such a samll island team, was ranked so high? Then when the announcers stated that the majority of the players are actually born and raised in the Netherlands, most grew up playing and learning there, and many are playing at a high level it made more sense.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
All in all, a win is a win for the program, hopefully they can at least score a goal in the upcoming Gold Cup :)

Fact.

Seriously, it doesn't matter that it was against Curacao and that it took to the dying minutes to find a winner. Winning breeds winning and for a young(ish) group of guys, under a new coach trying to finally lay a foundation to slowly build on all that matters is getting positive results. You could see how much it meant to the guys when the second goal went in. That's what you want to see, the guys enjoying it and enjoying each other. That will keep them coming back and growing together.

Now, onto trying not to embarrass ourselves and take a massive step backwards at the Gold Cup...

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Regs, DeJong just does not fit the mold. He looks so uncomfortable on the ball.
Decisions are slow and his defensive headers are a nightmare.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was this a private event? Sure looked like it judging by all the empty seats. Could have held the Game at Swanguard with that crowd.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the CSA will notice that and lean more than ever for us or Toronto to get more of those games in the future .

Disgrace that a match in June would only get 5-6,000 people out in Montreal.
I don't care if its a friendly.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Total disgrace, both on Montreal, but also CSA for only whispering about the match. That said, I have no doubt we'd have packed Swangard full, easy.

I think it should go to outlying communities, Moncton, Quebec City, maybe Winnipeg or Regina, any of these places they will be looking to add CPL, and actually market the fcuking game!

Anyhow...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "best" was Bobarduzzi coming on the radio and when asked about Davies and Tiebert making a difference in the game decided to single out DeJong as someone he thought had a great game. F*ck me...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0