Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Next Generation

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't even bother renting a car in Orlando in November as the Uber availability there was amazing I had heard prior to, and it was true.
What an idiot is right.

And yes, agreed, I watched the replay last night felt DeJong wasn't spectacular by any means.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "best" was Bobarduzzi coming on the radio and when asked about Davies and Tiebert making a difference in the game decided to single out DeJong as someone he thought had a great game. F*ck me...

Just shows how out of touch Bobby is! Unless he is just bigging him up so we can move him on, Adekugbe is back after all.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know these stories rub me the wrong way.

Guy grew up here(born Ivory Coast) and was given a chance at a better life here yet still cannot committ to the country that helped developed him?

Yes, I get that sometimes playing for your "birth country" opens up doors for your career.

But what about the doors that opened up for you when you came here? Do you not feel any sort of pride?

I would rather be the lowest ranking country for soccer in the world and have guys on the field that want to be there then go around chasing this guy.

This is in reference to Ballou Tabla not the others mentioned....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/ball...io-zambrano-montrea-impact-mls-canada-soccer/

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the rub, innit?

Bryan Cristante seems to have a lineage-only connection to Canada. Has he ever even been here?

Then you have Scott Arfield, kinda the same thing. He's a Scot, through and through.

I want Canada to do well, and I tell myself that increasing the number of competitive players in camp will bring the level up, so I justify it that way...but I was also very much against Owen Hargreaves declaring for England way back. Sure, I get it...chance to play in the WC, chance to feature for a competitive squad...but the kid was born in Canada, raised here, cut his footballing teeth here, at least as a youth. Canada did well by him.

Basically, I find myself being hypocritical on the subject. I want the best of both worlds.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude well said.

We never get a guy with a CDN passport who makes us his first choice. We always get the guys that would never start or even make the World Cup lineup from other countries.

However, we always lose guys that would start on our team to countries that essentially grab our best.

At the end of the day the players make that choice to leave...not much we can do.

Look at Landycakes, he had a chance to play for Canada via his passport....:confused::eek::D:D:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My kid played in that Tournament in Sweden and still rates it as one of the most positive experiences in his life.

Very cool for little Ferraro.

Thx Polska - That's the shite I love about a site like this.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0