Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hulk

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not big on comic-books-turned-feature-films. But The Hulk is, to coin the phrase most commonly heard while exiting the theatre last night, fcuking awesome, man. Even at 2:30hrs of running time and a script which doesn't rely on action shots for the majority of the plot, it was still a compelling flick.

Waaaaay better than X-Men (1 or 2) and puts that bubble-gum rendetion of Spiderman to shame. There's a pretty rad Stan Lee/Lou Ferrigno cameo right at the beginning of the film, which sets it off. You don't actually get to see the Hulkster until about 40 minutes into the film, but the computer generated images are fantastic. Definitely worth the wait. Eric Banna is a solid choice for Bruce Banner, and Nick Nolte as his deranged father (looks like ol' Nick is still dealing with a few chemical demons himself) is good as well.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saving $ for Terminator.

Although I haven't seen it yet, the best review I heard was: "Hulk is a comic book movie for people who don't like comic book movies."

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For what it's worth, the trailer for T3 indicates that the film will suck worse than TheRob and his caboose fetish. Arnie is in full bitch-tit mode and he's to do battle against a female terminator who apparently messes with his head and his ability to assess situations and directives.

Couldn't they have just given him a regular human girlfriend and gotten similar results?

"I must terminate you....right after me and the little lady pick out some Ambrosia Dinnerware patters from Pier One."

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well...Sensei

but the computer generated images are fantastic

Although I was a BIG critic of Kirsten Dunst when Spiderman came out, I have to admit, I liked the movie far more than the HULK. The HULK had a great story line, but the graphics were sh-o-ck-ing!

I'll compare the graphics to those of "Twister" (another one of SC's all time favorite most hated flicks). Let's just say, the cdv copied versrion of Hulk just took the piss out of what could have been a great movie. I especially liked it when I saw the fat guy get up to buy some popcorn. Fricken CLASSIC move!

Thank goodness I borrowed the copy from my friend, there's no way I would have paid a mere $4.64 Canadian on a flick like that!

I say "Bring back Lou Ferrigno! He still looks pretty scary to me! :eek:

+SChasbeendisappointedyetagain:mad:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts