Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League (Second Half) 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL's Premier League?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • GN Sporting:eek:

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Langley United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surrey FC Pegasus:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanx Dude

Cheers Dude, I had alot of help though, so I can't take all the credit. It's very dificult to coach your friends, and piers, and play too, All my teamates are very mature, and accepted my decisions without a moan. That is why we wanted to win so bad, with this group of lads, we are a very tight team, always knockin about together on the weekends, loads of the lads went to university together, now work together, have lived together, six of the lads travelled europe together. The whole team goes away in the summer for a week, to Skips cabin. All in all the best part about this team is the chemistry and friendships ;) Plus we play some nice football too:wa:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU CHAMPS

Congratulations and well done to all the PAU lads. You boys have been there from start to finish and that takes a lot of doing. As I've said before there is only one thing harder than getting to the top................and that is staying there.
Nobody will be kicking themselves harder than Poco today. Their poor form at the beginning of the season finally came back to haunt them. That truly is the only difference.
Congratulations to both teams on their performances yesterday. A hard fought game with lots of intensity and desire being shown all over the park. Nice to see both teams showed up on the day.
All in all a good advert for the FVSL.

MOTM - PAU - Sage
MOTM - POCO - Sliver

On to the Cup now, should be a goodun. ;)

Cheers:cool:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last post on PAU v Poco

Originally posted by superfoxs
isn't it funny how some guys remember the game. jtl you did nutmeg me once at center and got no where with it but for the best player in the fv, just ask him, thats are real acccomplishment, well done. as far as cainy taking me off of you remember what is said at the beginning of the game to you "i don t have to worry about getting a second yellow because you will be pulled out at 60 mins and be playing for another team next season". well the first part came through as osama was watching you be so effective that he yanked you. anyway, i said me piece, we will see each other agian, i look forward to it , bring you speedos.

For the record, I didn't vote for myself - my wife brouses through here occasionally and even though she has only see me play a few times this year - she is my biggest fan. This season is probably the poorest I have ever had and right now I don't think I should even be considered - but most importantly I had fun.

Superfox, just as I told you during the game, I usually only play 60 minutes per game as we have three (actually more) equally talented strikers that share time. As far as next season, I also told you that I usually do switch teams each year as it is good for business.

We will see each other again soon and I look forward to it.

Cheers.

JTD.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pau compliments

mr bertrum yeah i dont know what came over me there for a second i must have slipped on the keyboard. anyways geu still hoping there is life left in the delta squad to give poco a whirl this weekend. i am not doubting there will be after the post game extravaganza a few weeks ago between a delta player and a poco spectator.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: C'mon Eck.

Originally posted by Hibee
Eric Bristow, i can see you lurking there mate, what you got up that sleeve of yours:D

Good one Hibee. Everybody else is probably thinking "who the fukc is Eric Bristow?" not bad for a Jocky Wilson.

How was your noggin this morning me ole son? :D

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL predictions week 21

Mr Moderator,

Just because PAU have won the League, don't get complacent.

Some of us still have work to do.

Predictions if you please!!!!!

Cheers;)

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
superfoxs posting on cainys computer

JTL
This is my last post address to you as our little pissing match has run its course but there is one last comment of yours the needs to be adress. You mentioned in your first post the you thought the Beast (Darren Hosley) was a shyte player who couldn't polish Deac's boots, I have no idea what game or games you were watching but the Beast doesn't need me to defend him because he as he is known around the league as one of the best/ if not the best midfielder. If you don't believe me ask Deacs himself.

Hibee from the block, JTL is striaght trippin Boo!!:D

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wow

Originally posted by cainy
Sage has taken alot of stick from Poco, over the last few seasons.Finally Poco realises what the rest of the league and all of us lads at PAU have known for a long time, he is quality.:wa:

Yes PoCo does realize Sages outstanding play inside the six.:rolleyes:

Congrats to PAU!:mad: Definately was one of the tightest seasons in a long time. And for PAU to come out on top is not an easy task. Do believe PAU was lucky not to be a man and a few goals down in the first half. But I guess throwing a few punches in an important game is ok :rolleyes: . That said PoCo could not finish and PAU did. PAU did what they had to do to win. Aves even beat JTL in the diving count.;)

Really have to doubt that the PAU lads had actually won something before, when all they could come up with for a victory song was........'if your happy and you know, clap your hands':eek: ;)

Originally posted by Crafty
Poco:

Their poor form at the beginning of the season finally came back to haunt them. That truly is the only difference.

Well said.

SkytrainhopestoseetherematchinthePAKcupfinal:cool:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Aves

Originally posted by hubs
Aves who are you to talk about JTL's whining? You are are one of the biggest whiner's in the FVSL! Turn that frown upside down... Seriously though,...
...Congrats to pau!

Thanks for the congrats hubba , and if it's a general slag at my occasional moan - fair enough - but if you're the clumsy oaf who knocked me out of the Langley match by stumbling through my planted leg...I thought you had done me for the year... that's why I called you a no talent cnut

ok, so in review, if hubs is clumsy oaf...I take back the cnut because I can play now.

If not, disregard, pass on aforesaid sentiments to clumsy oaf...and good luck the rest of the way. :D

avesfrownisnowupsidedown

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
billboard charts

Skytrain,

You forgot:

"We're Blue.......we're white.......we're fukcing dynamite......Nananana...Nanana....Nanaaaaa"

and:

"two - oooonnnneee and we're having fun.........two - ooonnnnneeeee and we're having fun....."

;)

In all honesty, do you really think that you should have been up by "a few" goals by the half?!? You had a couple good rushes that we had difficulty holding up, which resulted in half chances from lateral areas, but I didn't think our keeper was ever really tested from anywhere in a dangerous area until the great save he made about half way through the 2nd.

As far as us not going a man down, I think Martin made the right call. Yes, some officials may have given a red for his quick retaliation, but I think Martin wanted this game to be settled by the players, 11 v 11. The intesity was very high and his temper got the best of him. Had Grievsy really taken a good swing at your player, then a red would have been justified.....(and your player would have had to be carried off the pitch), but it was more of a "closed handed shove" than anything. ;) Martin took his time issuing the card in order to calm the situation down. Smart officiating. I know that anyone from your camp will argue otherwise, and we in the PAU camp will also agree that the right decision was made. Maybe there are other, unbiased viewers who would like to comment. On the day though, a large portion of fouls were called in your favour. Some in very dangerous areas. We've got a couple pit bulls on our team, and sometimes their excitement gets the better of them, but I wouldn't trade them for any others. :)

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
enuff JTL rebuttals

Back to the game in question...it really could have went either way. Poco were more dangerous when the ball was knocked into the box on crosses, free kicks and corners(one that JTL put over the bar comes to mind) - except we scored on a flick on corner :p ( which was a little dodgy on poco's part)
Pau knocked the ball around a bit better, but didn't generate a lot of chances...PAU neutralized the ability of the back 4 to knock it about and build the attack.. a lot of the poco attack was to launch it into the box. I was a bit worried about some of the free kicks we gave up at the top of the box...but alas no finish. ( see, those fouls do create scoring chances JTL)

Pau pace up front was a factor in the end because Sage nipped in front of your defender to knock in the winner... Not to mention the blinding pace of the player who knocked it across. :rolleyes: :eek:

It's funny how it comes down to one game that provides bragging rights and the League trophy. :D :cool:
..funny "odd" and funny "ha ha" :p:p

betterthiswaythanthatway

...osame?...osame?? :rolleyes:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness should hang'em up to become a cook

Originally posted by Skip
Skytrain,
[/I] think that you should have been up by "a few" goals by the half?!? You had a couple good rushes that we had difficulty holding up, which resulted in half chances from lateral areas, but I didn't think our keeper was ever really tested from anywhere in a dangerous area until the great save he made about half way through the 2nd.

Yes a few goals in the first half. Was the goalie tested - no. They were quality chances that failed to hit the target. Don't remember PAU even getting a good chance in the first, heck a PoCo player had to finish PAU's only chance:eek: ;)

Originally posted by Skip
Skytrain,
[/I] I think Martin made the right call. ....but I think Martin wanted this game to be settled by the players, 11 v 11. The ...Smart officiating. I know that anyone from your camp will argue otherwise, ...On the day though, a large portion of fouls were called in your favour.

You think a Ref has the right to decide if the game is to be settle by the players?:confused: And the rule of the game are in place for........:confused: The punches (more like slaps) thrown by Grievsy should have resulted in a red. Retaliation - automatic red (please correct me if I am wrong).2 years ago a ref gave me a red for stepping in the direction of a player. He called it retaliation - automatic red. Would it have changed the outcome, probably not, PAU would have become more defensive. But you are correct on one thing, a very large portion of the fouls were in PoCo's favor. Some calls could have gone the other way. That being said, its not an easy spot to be in and Martin did a good job and did not change the outcome of the game. Although I thought Sage was offside when he scored the winner:D Damn Linesman!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
rebuttle

Originally posted by Skytrain
You think a Ref has the right to decide if the game is to be settle by the players?

I think a good referee does what he can to ensure that the players determine the outcome of the match, not the referee himself. Case in point: the two spotters your team received last year to help you win the league. Referee having a HUGE impact on the outcome.

2 years ago Martin gave me a red for stepping in the direction of a player. He called it retaliation - automatic red.

Sounds a bit harsh.....I'm sure you're exaggerating. :D If not, you got a raw deal.

Martin did a good job and did not change the outcome of the game.

so, in a way then......you agree with me. ;)

SkipusingjedimindtricksonSkytrain

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enuff

I know you guys are gutted but.... chill:( Skytrain the Grieves incident was in the second half, and your lad went through his back, and while he was down gave him a few extra shovies with his knees. Uncalled for. As for Pullers fouls on JTL, fair enuff, but the two worst fouls of the game were Chris Peats studs up straight legged knee high lunge on me, could have been a red, and JTLs chop on Puller wich earned him a yellow. Out of all three matches we played this year there was one goal between us, we just happened to get it:D
As for wondering if we have won anything before..... well that's my 6th FVSL premier championship:D the clap your hands song was piss, but didn't you hear this one
Who's that singin in the changeroom... Who's that winnin on the pitch.. it's Peacearch and the boys makin all the fcuckin noise.. cause there the best football team that there is.....Who's that cryin in the changeroom....Who's that dyin on the pitch... it's Poco and the boys makin no fcuckin noise... cause there the worst football team that there is:wa:

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves

For the record that wasn't I that went through you in the Langley game. I was actually injured and was a spectator. Consider the message passed though. "Heh Wags".It obviously didn't affect you too much with setting up the winner.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Enuff

Originally posted by cainy
Chris Peats studs up straight legged knee high lunge on me, ..... the clap your hands song was piss

Chris's tackle appeared very clean from our angle:D Good job though on the'Clap your hands' song, most of you knew the words:rolleyes: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0