Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The FA's Respect Programme

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got 3 months, not games, months last winter for verbal abuse of a ref. And whats this b.s about emailing and kissing ass before they let you play.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try some Constructive criticism lads, we all know the sad stories out there but really try playing without ref's.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try some Constructive criticism lads, we all know the sad stories out there but really try playing without ref's.

I completely agree, abusing officials needs to stop. At the same time it's competitive sport and it is tough to keep your mouth shut when you have busted your ass all game, adrenaline at an all time high, just to have a ref make a shocking call that decides the game. I know it's not an easy job but fukc sakes get it right...:D

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Christ sounds like your going to politic for another raise!

Are you guys for real? Good on the leagues for taking a harder stance on this. Though in England it looks like it was a one week show, since week 1 they have not been enforcing the only the captain may speak to the ref.

Like WB said, there wouldnt be games without refs. You can go threatening them, and expect them to want to come back. I know the FVSL has had to call whole teams in front of the executive to deal with ref abuse already this year. Clearly that says things have gotten out of hand.

I'm sure it's just a few bad apples spoiling it for everyone, but every team has one or two who cant keep their mouth shut. Managers should take some responsibility here and shut their players up, or pull them off the pitch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You want constructive criticism?

How about not showing a red to a player who had a nutcase run up to him yelling and screaming after a game and then flopping like he had been shot?

In principle, I agree that the abuse of officials needs to be curbed.

But what I would like to know is what type of corrections do refs do when it is reported that they have done a shitty job? Do the heads of the various ref associations pull a ref aside and have a word? Or do they circle the wagons and protect their own no matter what like any other union would?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You want constructive criticism?

How about not showing a red to a player who had a nutcase run up to him yelling and screaming after a game and then flopping like he had been shot?

In principle, I agree that the abuse of officials needs to be curbed.

But what I would like to know is what type of corrections do refs do when it is reported that they have done a shitty job? Do the heads of the various ref associations pull a ref aside and have a word? Or do they circle the wagons and protect their own no matter what like any other union would?

Essentially if there are several bad reports on a referee, he will not be used by the referee allocator.......I'm pretty sure that's what happens in the VMSL? :confused: Just don't be writing any reports tomorrow. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0