Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The best goalie in the league is back...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier's back!!! Cloutier's back!!!

:knvb: :bronco:

Report: Canucks, Cloutier agree on deal

TSN.ca Staff

8/18/2005 4:16:23 PM

According to a radio report in Vancouver, the Canucks are set to sign restricted free agent goaltender Dan Cloutier to a two-year, $5-million contract.

Canucks general manager Dave Nonis told MOJO Sports Radio 730 in Vancouver, "Dan's situation will be cleared up quickly."

The 29 year-old has improved steadily in Vancouver, posting a better goals against average and better save percentage in each of his three full seasons. However, he's come under fire for his playoff performance, most notably stemming from the 2002 postseason when he surrendered a long-distance goal to Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom in Game Three of a series that the Canucks led 2-0 before eventually losing.

Nonis is confident, however, that Cloutier is ready to take the next step in his development.

"The only thing missing is a great playoff run," said Nonis, "and we thought he was poised to do that the last time we played, but then he was knocked out by injury against Calgary."

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny that, because I have just been informed that the Canucks have sent Cloutier and Jovo to florida for Bowmeister, Luongo, and Van Ryn.

Lets this be true!! If we get Luongo, bring on the Cup

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
I have just been informed that the Canucks have sent Cloutier and Jovo to florida for Bowmeister, Luongo, and Van Ryn.
If this trade were true, I'm sure Nonis would be in jail right now for raping Keenan and tearing him a new asshole.

I have heard rumours of trades with Florida as well, but if it were to happen I think it would look a little more like: -Jovonovski, Cloutier, Cooke and a conditional draft pick (Islanders)- for -Loungo, Bouwmeester and Carins-.

I would hate to lose Cooke and he better re-sign at a reasonable price, but I would do this trade in a second. It's highly unlikely though.

I have also heard that Florida is interested in Bertuzzi, look near the bottom of the article.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LSD said:
If this trade were true, I'm sure Nonis would be in jail right now for raping Keenan and tearing him a new asshole.

I have heard rumours of trades with Florida as well, but if it were to happen I think it would look a little more like: -Jovonovski, Cloutier, Cooke and a conditional draft pick (Islanders)- for -Loungo, Bouwmeester and Carins-.

I would hate to lose Cooke and he better re-sign at a reasonable price, but I would do this trade in a second. It's highly unlikely though.

I have also heard that Florida is interested in Bertuzzi, look near the bottom of the article.

Why would canucks trade 3 signed players for 1 that is holding out Bouwmeester and Loungo someone that hasn't even sniffed the playoffs yet...yeah that would be a good move! Here's a tip for Nonis want a guy who can win playoff games call Kirk McLean out odf retirement he would sign for 250,000.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Why would canucks trade 3 signed players for 1 that is holding out Bouwmeester and Loungo someone that hasn't even sniffed the playoffs yet...yeah that would be a good move! Here's a tip for Nonis want a guy who can win playoff games call Kirk McLean out odf retirement he would sign for 250,000.
I doubt there is anything serious behind these rumours, but I think it is based on the fact that Jovonovski resides in Florida. He is a free agent next year who could demand more money or bolt down south. Plus we haven't signed Cooke yet and apparently Nonis and his agent are far apart in terms of numbers. I think Bouwmeester wants 2 mil and Luongo wants 4 mil.

Who gives a fu*k if Luongo hasn't seen the playoffs yet. Did Giguere and Kiprusoff see any playoff time before single handedly taking their teams to the finals? Luongo is probably one of the most coveted goalies in the league, he would turn the Canucks into instant contenders.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have to say that Luongo would be brilliant here in Vancouver. The last NHL season Luongo had top numbers right up there with Brodeur. Actually he faced more S.P.G then any other goalie in the league I beleive. Another thing is why not trade Jovo while we can? Wouldn't you agree that if we were to get Bouwmeester we would be trading up? Take into consideratino he is much younger then Jovo, and is already a top 2 defenceman in the league.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LSD said:
I doubt there is anything serious behind these rumours, but I think it is based on the fact that Jovonovski resides in Florida. He is a free agent next year who could demand more money or bolt down south. Plus we haven't signed Cooke yet and apparently Nonis and his agent are far apart in terms of numbers. I think Bouwmeester wants 2 mil and Luongo wants 4 mil.

Who gives a fu*k if Luongo hasn't seen the playoffs yet. Did Giguere and Kiprusoff see any playoff time before single handedly taking their teams to the finals? Luongo is probably one of the most coveted goalies in the league, he would turn the Canucks into instant contenders.

Has he taken Florida there yet??

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any team that allows the most shots in the league is not going to make the finals, let alone the playoffs. Didn't Luongo set a record last year for most saves in a season? 2.43 GAA... .931 SV%... nuff said.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
personally I think it would be a lopsided trade in vancouvers favour and would never happen. Bouweester is 21 or 22 years old, Luongo has international experience and is widely considered a top goaltender in the league. Jovo can be a top defencemen when he is playing well but he makes tonnes of mistakes, Cloutier don't get me started, it will be a make or break year for him. the nucks got the team to win the cup if Ohlund and cooke get signed but it is going to take some top goaltending. Either way the trade isn't going to happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0