Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Argonauts, Ali, and.......was that Mats Sundin?

Was Ali the greatest of all time?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • One of the greatest.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Mahammad Ali is honoured at a Toronto Argonauts game. Him and Lennox Lewis went toe to toe briefly. There were a bunch of high profile sports figures there and both teams acted like little school boys when he was out on the field shaking hands. TSN showed the game commercial free with all advertising revenues going to Parkinsons research.

The question?

Why did it only get four lines in The Province?:confused:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Answer

Because we hate Toronto!!!

The big problem was the crowd was only 25000 or so despite a whole lot of the ticket take going to medical research.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That doesn't excuse the Province from not having a little bit more about the event than they did... Ali was/is a great sports figure and deserved way more than the Province gave.

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poll Question: Was Ali the Greatest of All-Time

Hmmmmm,

Does this meam that Greatest of all time WAS in the past, or is he still the Greatest of All Time.

IS Ali the Greatest of All-Time, NO

I saw a Biography of a fighter named Rocky who would catch chickens for training, he is the greatest of all-time.

HOS

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSN

The TSN half time show drew the largest ever viewing audience for TSN at 559,000. Evander Holyfield looked a lil pissed when Ali stated that Lennox Lewis was now the champ (I forget his exact words).

Ali didn't knock out Canadian champ George Chuvalo either in his 1966 fight in Toronto or in the 1972 bout here in Vancouver! I hate to admit it, but I was at that fight in '72 despite being young and all that. The Van crowd wasn't big so we were able to move into the front rows to cheer George on. He was a tough guy.

Ali was fighting outside the US as he had a small problem with being able to fight in the US as he opposed the Viet Nam war as he was now of the Muslim faith. And he didn't appear on draft day.

What a difference some 30 years makes. In the 1960s, US citizens - many black athletes - changed their names and became Muslims because they were opposed to killing!
Now we have some of them converting so they can do terrorism in the name of Allah!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah sometimes, but if you are going to discuss the Greatest, the least you could do is spell the man's name correctly.

It's not as if he's Michael Shoemaker.

~Jerky

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simply the greatest,

Jinky is it possible to blow that picture up? That would look nice on my wall.

Ali is simply a man that everybody gives respect to. He has an Aura around him that you know it is special when he is around.

Not a bad dresser either!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0