Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 78th Academy Awards: 2006

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While this year's nominations won't be announced until the end of January, The Academy has revealed that this year's host will be none other than the Daily Show's Jon Stewart.

I like it -- he's a great choice.

As for nominations, I expect (hope) to see Syriana and Crash. As well, you can probably expect Bareba-- er... Brokeback Moutain, due to both its critical acclaim and daring plot/story line. King Kong may get a token Blockbuster nod, but likely it'll just clean up in the SFX category (but what do I know -- I still haven't seen it).

Also, from what I've heard, Munich has a good chance to get in there, but there's got to be a feel-good movie for the ladies to root for: perhaps North Country.

In the end, Syriana will lose due to it's U.S. bashing. Crash's racism may be too strong and a 400-foot monkey surely can't win. Charlize won too recently for Monster so I'll predict this is the Year of the Gay Cowboy. (Strangely, I predicted this as the Year of WFC Rangers in another thread. Hmmm.)

See here for more info.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's hope that Vancouver's own Billy Vince earns a nod for Capote (he's the Executive Producer). Those of you who played Junior Hockey 25 years ago may have met him along the boards. Still looks like he could throw a pretty good hit -- and seems like he has one in Capote.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahh yes, Capote. Indeed, indeed. From all the reviews I've read, it is an excellent film and brilliantly acted. Haven't seen it, but from the critics alone, I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the list.

Also, one I failed to mention is Good Night, and Good Luck -- by far the movie I most wanted to see but never got around to. I really hope Clooney receives a nomination (for production) that he so rightly deserves after all these years.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worse? The Mother Corp doesn't stoop to that Global trash level.

Billy is just a high school buddy that I still see kicking around the country. Like to have someone to cheer for on Oscar night. If Capote garners a nomination might even have to see it!

Trece, what is Minoru #3 like? Will they close it after I drive across town to Richmond for a 7 PM start tonight?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry J, didn't see your message until this morning, and you didn't mention anything about it yesterday....

Minoru #3 was probably the same mud pit it usually is, n'est-ce pas? Or is it the turf and am I counting basackwards again?

Trece

On topic: no, the Mother Corp wouldn't stoop to that level. They have ZED instead...:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0