Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2007 World Youth Championships

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Vancouver is getting some games, including one of the quarter finals. That means they have two years to either build a new stadium or revamp Swanguard somehow. They are talking about using a temporary facility downtown that will seat 10-15 thousand people. I guess the turf park by BC Place would be perfect for that. Just bring in grass turf that is used quite often, stick up some bleachers, beautify it and away we go.

Hopefully this will boost the national program somehow.

Who's going to go?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely want to go, was even thinking this morning of trying to volunteer.

Read Ed Willes column this morning... a good read but I'm still waiting for the day when one of these reporters do some real work and not just go to Lenarduzzi to get the voice of the BC soccer community.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
I guess the turf park by BC Place would be perfect for that. Just bring in grass turf that is used quite often, stick up some bleachers, beautify it and away we go.

Hopefully this will boost the national program somehow.

Who's going to go?

i'll definately be going. up here you have to take advantage of anything of this magnitude, especially when its top notch footy!! BC Place itself, very likely may have fifa approved grass-like turf in place by then. the trouble is you've got those other football lines to get rid of, plus its indoors. unfortunately the tree-huggers out here make it very tough for any expansion to the east side of swangard. i guess the little shites having heavily wooded areas to pull knives on helpless women is more valued to them then our beloved sport:rolleyes: .

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Place is getting field turf this year, but even though FIFA allows it now, I highly doubt you'll ever see a major tournament game on it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Ian Livingston, as TheRob suggested, being modified. Outdoors, great showcase for the city...indoors at BC Place would suck.

That, or if the Whitecaps are able to succure this False Creek land they'd been after, a temporary facility right there that they could build upon later.

Yes, going.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed, outdoor is the way its meant to be. i just hope they get going on this asap, and build a permanent venue so we can attract more of this style of events. not being able to decide on land to build on, and/or not already having a propper stadium is most likely why our national program is being run out of ontario instead of in vancouver where the real mens and womens talent is based.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
just heard on the team 1040 that york university has pulled out of the canadian national team facilities slated to be built there. hopefully this means vancouver will be looked at again and we can get a outdoor, natural grass stadium that could play host to not only our national clubs but would solve the location concern for the 2007 world youth championships. lenarduzzi will be interviewed shortly in regards to what this could mean for our chances. keep those fingers crossed!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude:

Ian's real name is Andy.... :D Relax, your hair's fine.

Not sure how a stadium at Livingstone would be configured, as there are now two north-south fields side-by-side there, and not a lot of space around either before you hit the street. I suppose that you could take the turf up, pile sod down and put real grass in, and set up temporary stands ala Indy and run the whole thing east-west, but it would still be tight for room, and I'm sure all the whiners who helped cost us the Indy race will also be thrilled about the extra noise in their quiet little neighbourhood :rolleyes:

beerz,

stew :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0