Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Summer/Winter/Provincials/Nationals

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats better?
A Summer Season or a Winter Season?
A form Provincials in Spring or A Provincials in Fall?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
As we have it now..
Winter Season and Provincials to follow, with a 5 month break till Nationals doesnt seem to work.
It makes sence because its the obvious thing to do. But as we all know keeping a team together and National tournament game ready over the summer is almost impossable.
The amount of commitment from the players on the Provincial winning team ,to stay focused has got to be a managers and coaches nightmare.
The good thing about it is you have time to do fundraisers and save money for the trip.
Still to keep a team that WAS on a hot streak or in the Groove is hard to capture a second time when faceing teams who have just come off a season and are game fit and in that Playoff groove.
Moveing the Provincials to the Fall has its positive and negative points aswell.
Actually they are almost the same as what we have now.
5 months off and then to try and rally the team for a Provincial tournament would be hard.
The winning team would have really no time to raise money for the trip to the Nationals.
But the team winning the Provincials would be the best team at the most important time to take part in the Nationals. The team winning the Provincials would be the Best at the right time.

Transfer deadline January 15th is one of the major hurdles to be explored.
Your team as of that date is the team you must send to Nationals..9 months.
Alot can happen in 9 months. A single guy in January playing soccer could be a father come Nationals with more important things to do than spending money to play soccer.
LOL..a little extreme but you get my drift.
Summer leagues such as the PCSL must wait 14 months for the same tournament.
9 months for Provincials and the normal 5 months for Nationals. Now thats totally not fair for the PCSL and one of the reasons teams and players are leaveing that rich with history and well run league.
The PCSL keeps 1 spot in the Provincials because they should. They are the oldest league. and they are entitled to it...actually more than one but they know that would be pointless.
Moveing the Provincials to the Fall would then work for the PCSL as the PCSL teams would finnish thier season and then go right into Provincials. Big advantage PCSL over the 3 Winter leagues. Plus you would then have the players who would have to deside what team to play for in the Provincials. PCSL or one of the other 3.
Now, there is no choice because of the 14 month wait, players obviously play for the team they last dressed for. Thats why you have UBC or Kamloops teams representing the PCSL in the Provincials.
Moveing all teams to a Summer Schedule makes the most sense. You would also have to move the transfer deadline to align with the Summer season.
This way no league has an advantage.
But to move all 3 Premier leagues to a Summer season will never happen.
That is why I was so hyped on the BCPL.
One league/division could have been moved.
It might have ended the PCSL though....or merged.

I love Winter Soccer and Summer Soccer.
To combine the strength of the Winter leagues with the Summer Sun would in my opinon be the move that made soccer a sport in BC that would rival hockey in the winter.
We have so many Ethnic peoples with soccer back grounds liveing in BC...they just need the warmth of the summer sun together with the best local soccer, and they would come out and support.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like it the way it is.

I use to play summer soccer in the PCSL but it's a secondary league. Winter is where it's at. The way to make the summer season more important than the winter is to get youth soccer on board and have them move their season to the spring, summer and fall. That way kids are brought up playing that time of year and there is no transition to a different season when they move from youth to mens league.

Us old guys have always played Fall to Spring and that's what we want. People have families and do other things in the summer. No one wants to be committed to playing soccer 3 days a week in the summer unless they are young with few commitments.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
95 % of BC already has its competitive season in the summer..

To muchsoftball to compete for field in summer time

Gomsey r u related to anyone that by the last name Heinen?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0