Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steve jobs has passed away

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did see an Apple fanboy crying on Boston News TV last night. I lol'ed at him.

This thread doesn't need to descend into a debate about who did more with whatever blah blah blah...

perhaps too soon, but I saw someone tweet this yesterday:
Lord_Bob Benjamin Massey

They almost used a computer to save Steve Jobs but, unfortunately, "Cure Cancer" was on the right-click menu...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too soon. I am in fact ROLFing at that one.

The worldwide mourning for Jobs is a bit over the top. I think people love their IPhones a bit much, no? Yes he was brilliant, but FFS, he’s a gadget maker. Maybe he pushed innovation, technology, etc., but seriously…get a life, nerds.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So unless you are an uber humanitarian, your life should be celebrated less? Thoughts on the eventual passing of icons such as Gretzky, Jordan, et al??? Both revolutionized their fields, but to my knowledge neither is particularly known charity wise.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jordan was very charitable, to his bookies... and Gretz gave loads of money to those poor girls just trying to pay their way through uni dancing on poles...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm indifferent, Bronco. Besides, my original post was in response to "The got the wrong guy, should have taken Bill". I'll mourn their lives more, because I appreciated their craft and got enjoyment out of it. I also appreciate the Gate's and their charitable efforts.

I understand there are a lot of people that idolized Jobs, I just don't GET IT.

I know I may be odd, but I actually don't like my phone- cell phone, office phone, home phone. I don't have my Blackberry tied to e-mails. I like the fact that I can leave the phone at home and not be bothered. I hate having an electronic dog leash. I don't have a twitter account. I don't post 24/7 on Facebook to update all my "Friends" of my on-goings.

"Dude is typing up a proposal"
"Dude is writing an order"
"Dude is yelling at a contractor because he effed up his ducting flange"
"Dude needs a nap- so tired"
“Dude is wondering why there is so much shite in the warehouse”
"Dude needs to take a leak, back in 5."
“Dude took an extra 10 minutes in the john because he was thinking about Chrissy Clarke’s low cut dress in the Province this morning and may or may not have considered what it’d be like to motorboat her boobs”
"Dude is busy, and would like everybody to fcuk off"

I have to say, I do like my Ipod nano. It's so little and cute, and the blue anodize makes my eyes pop.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too soon. I am in fact ROLFing at that one.

The worldwide mourning for Jobs is a bit over the top. I think people love their IPhones a bit much, no? Yes he was brilliant, but FFS, he’s a gadget maker. Maybe he pushed innovation, technology, etc., but seriously…get a life, nerds.

fine, if it's not too soon I give you:
I hear the cancer was actually Wozniak's, but Steve Jobs stole it and said it had been his all along.
I'm picturing bewildered doctors sliding their fingers over Jobs's heart monitor wondering why it won't go up...
Hear about the new Pixar movie starring Steve Jobs? It's called "Liver Let Die."
I heard Steve Jobs had to jail-break his casket because the cemetery didn't have the right "service" for his funeral.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The thing I liked about Jobs was he didn't give a fcuk about what anyone thought, ever. When he came back to Apple and was realigning the product line etc (which was a total mess at the time: they had about 20 different Macs all slightly crippled to differentiate them to the masses) industry pundits didn't give Apple a chance. Michael Dell said Apple should be sold off for its assets. He went from being a disillusioned idiot to a marketing/design genius overnight (somewhere after the iMac/iPod but before the iPhone). All of a sudden he was a media darling but the day before he was a dreamer.

Anyways, he wasn't the nicest guy to work for apparently but I sure loved watching his keynotes over the years, Tim Cook's the other day was boring as hell.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So unless you are an uber humanitarian, your life should be celebrated less? Thoughts on the eventual passing of icons such as Gretzky, Jordan, et al??? Both revolutionized their fields, but to my knowledge neither is particularly known charity wise.

Name me one athlete with the wealth to affect real change. Jobs has that wealth and didn't do it when he was alive...here's hoping his plan kicks in now.....................

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spell it out for me then, Timmy. Go ahead and produce an unbiased report, if you're capable.

Damn right I'm elite. Fcuk off, I'm busy.

~ElitistDude.

Gates was always a man of right place right time and had a supporting cast that made him. His philanthropy is second to none. That is unquestionable.

Jobs on the other hand was a visionary, pioneer, genius, and a rare human being in charge of a major company who actually had a strong and socially positive vision. Corporate executives are expected to have some quantity of vision and foresight, but so very few, across the Fortune 1000, ever actually have it that there is a certain surprise associated with learning of one who does. Most corporate executives are mediocrities if not negative in their contribution, meddling with those who are actually getting work done with constant churn and (in the negative sense) disruption. Steve Jobs, on the other hand, was integral to the success of Apple. As Apple’s posthumous tribute to him said, only he could have built that company. Unlike the typical businessman, Jobs was not especially charismatic. He was an effective salesman only because the quality of what he sold was so high; he could sell because he believed in his products. What he was is creative, courageous, disciplined, and effective. He had a sharp aesthetic sense, but also the clarity of vision to ship a real, working product. A product that I'm impressed with every single day.

Its actually unfair to compare the two. Gates is not in the same league as jobs.

I guarantee you do not own an Iphone.

For me, it comes down to the ol saying " if it wasn't him, someone would have come along and done it " is only applicable to Gates.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because he was extremely smart and knew how to make a tonne of money doesn't mean he should of given more to charity,etc. Their are millions of middle classed people that could/should donate an average amount of money each to charities and it would total an unbelievable amount of money but don't and we dont judge them? Why....because we feel Rich people owe it to the world for being so "lucky" to be rich. I say BS...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bill Gates discriminates.. His Charity / Scholarship programs are not available for white or asian people.. WTF? Aren't the white people the ones who made him rich buying his products?

On a side note... there is something about Gates appearance that makes me want to Punch him in the face.. Why is that?

Second Side note.... Any body here rich enough to own shares in apple? Time to sell?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bronco, I wasn't comparing apples and tractors, you were...hence my comment on it.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0