Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steve jobs has passed away

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
They took the wrong guy.

It should have been Bill.

All of the Apple employees are now Jobless.

RIP Steve

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed a sad day. It should not have been Bill as he is making a difference with his billions. I'm optimistic the Jobs estate is going there too.....................................................................................time will tell as we didn't see it when he was alive.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed a sad day. It should not have been Bill as he is making a difference with his billions. I'm optimistic the Jobs estate is going there too.....................................................................................time will tell as we didn't see it when he was alive.

we can only hope he has been mentoring someone for the past decade

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Jobs was an innovator and incredible leader, and I don't mean leader in just a business sense but in some of his quotes etc. I'm not an apple fan or adopter of their technology- it's just not for me, but you'd be a fool to not be able to see the way the Apple products have changed the world, and set the bar for their competitors...

Also lost in all of the hoopla surrounding Jobs is that he was a co-founder of Pixar, he acquired Graphics Group from Lucasfilm, and 6.3 Billion in film revenue later and a sale to Disney for 7.4 Bill (which made Jobs the largest shareholder in Disney at the time) Pixar Studios is a beast.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bill Gates is the anti christ.....

Rumors going around that Berg sent Steve Jobs a poisoned apple!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jobs shut down all of apples philanthropic stuff on his return... I believe he was estmimated to be worth approx 8.5 Bill...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should have been Bill.

Are you stupid?

It'd be interesting to see what Jobs did for charities around the globe, and if it even comes close to Mrs. & Mrs. Gates. The Gates are maybe the best philantropists on the globe. They make a meaningfull, positive difference to billions...and not just because they give them Ipods. Just saying.

I guess I'm a little jaded at reading an outcry of grief for a man that oversaw the invention of neat gadgets that may or may not prove to be a net benefit to society, He is the pioneer of a new generation of young adults that have taken cocooning and social media to an unhealthy level.

Yes, I realize there is some irony here in me writing this on TTP.

RIP Steve Jobs...I hope you are remembered for more than just your material inventions.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One day when Regs passes away I have a feeling our nation will be mourning as well. He will be remembered as a great man who had a dream to create a website for strangers to unite and yell at each other using only their fingertips to a keyboard. For me it goes like this...Steve Jobs... Bill Gates...then Regs.

Legends

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you stupid?

It'd be interesting to see what Jobs did for charities around the globe, and if it even comes close to Mrs. & Mrs. Gates. The Gates are maybe the best philantropists on the globe. They make a meaningfull, positive difference to billions...and not just because they give them Ipods. Just saying.

I guess I'm a little jaded at reading an outcry of grief for a man that oversaw the invention of neat gadgets that may or may not prove to be a net benefit to society, He is the pioneer of a new generation of young adults that have taken cocooning and social media to an unhealthy level.

Yes, I realize there is some irony here in me writing this on TTP.

RIP Steve Jobs...I hope you are remembered for more than just your material inventions.

Did u post this from your Ipad?

Read Paul Allens book?

Please dont get me going on his scholarship programs !

Steve Jobs did not have time for charity. He was to busy trying to create an app to cure his cancer.

RIP Steve

Thx for a computer that did not freeze/crash/burn/hijack....

Dude check your email..

Your UPS package is ready for pick up!

P.s. I am stupid

I spelled my name sdrawkcab

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both men are / were multi billionaires that made their billions through consumerism. All good by me...business is business, we choose our products based on what makes sense in our lives.

So, after the billions the men have made, what is left of their legacy? Gates is actually doing good for the betterment of mankind- those that live outside their computers, Iphones, Ipads, laptops, or PCs (where I'm posting from).

There are arguments one way or another, back and forth, that can pro and con each companies market approach. I have replaced my Ipods every three years because they crap out. It's called planned obsolescence. Do I yell and scream about it? A little. Same as I do when I get a virus. And I curse myself for not getting on the Mac platforms early in our business life, as now we're stuck w/ PC. But these are just consumer products and business tools...you get what you pay for, and as a rule, products will only slightly outlive their warrantees. Both men’s companies have exploited that one.

On a humanitarian scale, Jobs doesn't come close to Gates.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion just because you make the most money doesn't mean you have to be the one to donate the most. Bottom line for me is what were/are these guys like to work for? How do they treat their families and close friends? The rest is important yes but doesn't change how great of a person/boss they were.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both men are / were multi billionaires that made their billions through consumerism. All good by me...business is business, we choose our products based on what makes sense in our lives.

So, after the billions the men have made, what is left of their legacy? Gates is actually doing good for the betterment of mankind- those that live outside their computers, Iphones, Ipads, laptops, or PCs (where I'm posting from).

There are arguments one way or another, back and forth, that can pro and con each companies market approach. I have replaced my Ipods every three years because they crap out. It's called planned obsolescence. Do I yell and scream about it? A little. Same as I do when I get a virus. And I curse myself for not getting on the Mac platforms early in our business life, as now we're stuck w/ PC. But these are just consumer products and business tools...you get what you pay for, and as a rule, products will only slightly outlive their warrantees. Both men’s companies have exploited that one.

On a humanitarian scale, Jobs doesn't come close to Gates.

ignorance at the elite level

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, but do we know any of that? For either man?

And I agree with you...just so happens Gates does earn the most (or did at one time, must still be way up there), and he's also one who gives the most. For that he gets through the gates, don't give two shites that his products were brilliantly marketed and provided little substance, and a lot of grief.

Anyhow, seems a lot of people are taking his passing a little too personally. It's almost funny. I'm sure Jobs was a nice guy, so RIP Jobs. Send me a new IPod for the one that shat the bed last week after only 2.5 years, if you can manage that from where you are. Thanks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spell it out for me then, Timmy. Go ahead and produce an unbiased report, if you're capable.

Damn right I'm elite. Fcuk off, I'm busy.

~ElitistDude.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple of good quotes I came accross:

Quote:
Let's all mourn the death of a man who fed our materialistic lusts with (not very) cheap electronics produced by (borderline) slave labour.

I'm sure Gates is also guilty of the same exploits.

No doubt the guy was brilliant and a visionary, but... the iPhone is first and foremost a portal to more consumption.

I'd like to take credit, but I didn't write those.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0