Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stadium Updates and Politicking.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, somebody help me out here…who are the stakeholders?

~Whitecaps (obviously)
~City of Vancouver
~VPA
~Federal Government
~TransLink
~NIMBY Gastown residents / business owners.

Anyone else?

Why isn’t our Provincial Government sitting in on this trying to mediate?

Shambles.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...possibly something to do with VPA being a federal government appendage (with all that implies).

Provincial government afraid to step on Federal toes?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This project is lacking major political will. Normally the last thing you'd want is yet another arm of the government entering the fray, but in this case I suspect the Provincial Governement could play a positive role in mediating this mess.

Again...wow.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They can't find the political will to permit him to build with his cash, yet they can find (I know it is a different level of gotv) the 200Mill to put a new roof on BC Place!? What a joke.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lack of posts on this thread, on the #1 Soccer related website in BC, should say enough about what most people feel now: apathetic.

Count me among those who believe now that this ship has long since sailed, and we will not see an MLS team here, much less a soccer specific, first class stadium.

It is so hard to love this game around here.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd argue it is more like being desperately in love with Salma Hyak. You dream about her, fantasize about her, she's great to watch and admire at a distance, but unfortunately ain't going to happen.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd argue it is more like being desperately in love with Salma Hyak. You dream about her, fantasize about her, she's great to watch and admire at a distance, but unfortunately ain't going to happen.

Agreed. Was excited about the prospects of watching games on the water downtown. Dude is correct as it seems like it will never happen at this point.
Mayeb if the Lions were somehow involved that would have things moving forward a bit but politically i do not believe that there are many people who think of soccer as a bigtime deal if you know what i mean. No big movers and shakers behind it while football seems to have more of that clout if you will.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's heating up now. Who pulled whose hair first?

Whitecaps Newsletter said:
In response to recent comments made by the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (Port), Vancouver Whitecaps FC offer the following response regarding the club's negotiations for a waterfront land agreement with the Port.

"We were shocked by the Vancouver Port Authority’s sudden and unilateral decision to publicize the terms of confidential land exchange negotiations," said Vancouver Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi. "The decision significantly reduces the level of professionalism surrounding these negotiations."

The Whitecaps have been working towards a fair and reasonable land exchange agreement with the Port for over 18 months. The most recent offer from the Whitecaps was a lease or land exchange ratio of 3:1 in favour of the Port – 30,000 square meters of Whitecaps land in exchange for 10,000 square meters of Port land.

In response to statements recently made by Mr. McLaughlin on behalf of the Port, to the media, the Whitecaps offer clarification on the following points:

Port Statement: The Whitecaps offered $1 for Port land.
Whitecaps Response: This is completely inaccurate, and has been taken out of the context of the full offer. The offer includes a 3:1 lease or land exchange (30,000 square meters of Whitecaps land in exchange for 10,000 square meters of Port land). The lease offer includes a $1 annual transaction for implementation purposes.

Port Statement: There is a land valuation discrepancy of $30 - $35 million.
Whitecaps Response: The Whitecaps’ independent land valuation suggests that a 3:1 land exchange ratio is more than reasonable compensation based on market value.

Port Statement: The Whitecaps-owned land is one of three major rail yards used by The Port on the south shore, and it is absolutely essential to the long-term operation of the south shore terminals.
Whitecaps Response: The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority maintains that the tracks are essential for Port operation, but refuses to attach any financial value to them.

The Whitecaps vision for the stadium has remained constant over the past five years – a community amenity that is:
Accessible
Socially, environmentally and economically sustainable
Adjacent to the main transportation hub
A community gathering place
A home for soccer, rugby, concerts, and other community, sport, and cultural events

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Duz was just on the Team with Rick Ball and basically echoed Regs above post.

The Caps sound choked that the VPA went out to the media and showed the public some inner sanctum on goings...

Duz also commented that he has fun doing the MLS TFC games, but is frustrated that he gets to see an awesome stadium and fan support when Larry Campbell invited Kerfoot to build a stadium long before BMO field was a twinkle in any architecht's eyes...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and Larry Campbell (Former COV Mayor) now Senator, is going to start applying pressure at the Federal Level.

This...is good news, especially since Larry Campbell is the guy that gave Kerfoot the initial invitation to build a soccer specfic 15-25k Stadium at the site next to Pacific Central Station

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgive my ignorance.

I sense a bit of disdain or un-happiness with Leonard Bobbaduzzi or The Duz or lenarduzzi... or whatever you want to call him.

I have been around TTP for 4 years or so, and have always sensed venom for him, and have never been able to see why?

I know he has a giant ego, and heard some horror stories about him blacklisting players etc...is that where it stems from?

He was a good player for the Caps and coached the 86'ers and played for the Nats and coached them, and seems to be doing a decent job as their public face in the media etc...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it may have something to do w/ him letting the plane in Edmonton take off, leaving a couple of players who may or may not be regular TTP posters at one of the …erm…finer establishments. And, apparently there were a / some snub(s) and whatnot to a local player(s) who may not have great hair (or any), but has a great move and substantial talents on teh intraweb.

That’s all I know. Reference Offtheball.com for more history.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Offtheball.com ceases to exist.

So I put my CSI sunglasses on, put my hands on my hips, and squint and think and I get this...

Some TTP'ers were out blasted at a bar and He and the rest of the team (I'd presume the 86'ers) boarded the flight and left them behind to fend for themselves....and Regs didn't make the team :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot say much more, but you may want to ask The Captain about the time he was left behind in Edmonton. At or in a building of some sort. In Edmonton.

Not sure if Robin Regehr was on that team.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
off the ball? was that not the original site?

i remember,, i was 15 and just got my first dial up modem.

fuk i dont miss that sound.....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erm, I personally don't have any venom for BL and Dude couldn't be further from the truth as I have never posted about having hurt feelings on not being good enough to play professionally. I'd really like to make that clear.

It is true however that other TTPers have had clashes with him.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0