Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shane doan or Jason Arnott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor is one of these guys will be with Canucks in the fall. Both good players passed prime hockey age .
Doan could fit in with twins on the first line. Jason Arnott in my opinion is at the best second line player, more so third line.
What is your opinion on these two guys? Would we mabe get in to third round of playoffs with one of these guys?
In my opinion we should spend the money on one more good D.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doan would come at a much higher cost though, no?

We need a good, experienced 2nd line center whom pushes Kesler out wide - teach Kesler what happens when you use your wingers...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kesler is out till December. Doan can play centre just as well as he can play wing.
Arnott? Really? He's almost 40 ffs. If STL doesn't want him, why do we?!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that Doan wants five year deal worth thity five mill. In my opinion no way. Two years at five mill is Ok but mot for a long term.
I do agree with you guys on Jason Arnott. Passed his prime he just wants enother year or two before he calls it quits. I would take him for only one reason and that is if he wishes to coacvh in a year or two. I think he would do well.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'd essentially be signing him to be a stop gap second line centre till Kesler is back from injury and then what? Is he going to actually pip any of henrik, Kesler, max or manny (in their respective roles of course) no. Not IMHO. Perhaps he is trade bait at the deadline if all are healthy or insurance for a deep playoff run. I'd way rather take the chance on Doan. He is a beast and has been plagued by playing on teams with nobody to get him the puck. He's never played with good players.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, but his preference for 1 year deals at say $2.5 is much more palatable than 4 years at $25 or whatever Doan has been rumored to be offered. I think he'd be perfect as a third line C, help the 2nd PP even if he's just standing in front of the net, he's big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stalion Doan is good enough to play on first line with twins. I just can not agree that he wants four or five year deal.
If Canucks get him watch he will score over thirty goals with twins.
Burrows will drop to second line, as he should. There is no way that they will go passed first round if the do not add a stay at home D that can protect the net guys. I truly hope Gillis moves Louango and gets money to buy a player or two.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arnott played mostly on the third line in the middle in Saint Loo last year, and that is the fit he would have with the 'Nucks once Kesler comes back.

I hope that Manny can recover from his eye woes, but realistically, I doubt that he can fill that spot anymore. Lapierre is much more suited to the 4th line too.

Doan is ridiculously over-priced. Full stop.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis keaps on adding fourth line player. It might make a farm team better club. With onley few weeks before camp starts it seams we might endup with not enough to do any damage in playoffs if we make them. Edmonton is much better team this year,Menesota is way better team.
Luango thing has to be done to free money for a guy that will help. I do agree with Manno might mot be able to fill in the spot.
Arnott would fit in for few months but he might not be moved at the trading dead line due to his age.
Coast of adding Doan is much to much.
I heard that Chicago is willing to send Bolland to Vancouver for Louango. I am not sure if they are giving a fifth round with Bolland if they are Canucks can pickup a keeper fot future with that draft.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doan was in our city,. Canucks were showing him the city. Never know something might come ouit of it.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doans wife is a British Columbian. They met while he was playing one of his three years in Kamloops. They own property here. Does he really need someone to show him the city?

In other news Joe Sakic was spotted downtown. He's pondering coming out of retirement to play for Vancouver. They are showing him the city.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascadesoccer you do make me lough. Doan might come here if things with his club do not get resolved soon. I think he would go to new York before US.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get your golf clubs out and injoy. NHl is going to loose fans again. Phinex will endup going down the drain and maybee one more team. Quiback might be back sooner then we think.
Rusin playars will endup in KHL and we might see few others join them. Sitting out for seven months makes no sence.
Owners will loose millions of dollars.
Burke will buy Louango soon. His behind is on chopping block if he does not make the playoffs this year, if Hockey does come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0