Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Serie 'A' 2005/06

imtapley

Aug 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MoLuch
The hymn sounds better at 9pm than 7am - do you sleep? And yes, the Alan Parsons version rocks. Would sound even better surrounded by a bunch of drunk paesan; have you ever heard of a public place to watch la Viola? We can't be the only tifosi in the LM!

On the carrottop - redheads always dance to a different tune... They're not like us.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
imtapley said:
MoLuch
The hymn sounds better at 9pm than 7am - do you sleep? And yes, the Alan Parsons version rocks. Would sound even better surrounded by a bunch of drunk paesan; have you ever heard of a public place to watch la Viola? We can't be the only tifosi in the LM!

Sleep? Too much work to sleep. ;) As for a public viewing place, I've never looked into it as most of the matches are 6am kickoffs. Way too early for this tifoso. Having said that, TLN has listed this weeks matches and as suspected, they will be showing Inter/Viola on Sunday live. Too bad it's the late game, I'll be catching it on tape delay after my morning match. Forza Viola :D

TLN Lineup

Saturday September 24th,2005 2:30pm Parma vs Juventus
Stadio Tardini, Parma
LIVE
English Language Commentary

Sunday September 25th, 2005 9:00am Sampdoria vs Chievo Verona
Stadio Ferraris, Genoa
LIVE
English Lnguage Commentary

11:00am Parma vs Juventus
Stadio Tardini, Parma
REPEAT

2:30pm Inter vs Fiorentina
Stadio Meazza, Milano
LIVE

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch, BIG GAME at the San Siro.

zenga is thanking WAB for saturday games right about now.

Should be a great game but I say 2-0 for the black and blue of Milan!

Adriano and Figo to score.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga,

It will be tough to take points away from the San Siro, as defensively, Fiorentina can be suspect. The first real test against the one of the BIG clubs for the new look Viola...

However, going with the heart:

2-1 Viola :eek:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch said:
Sleep? Too much work to sleep. ;) As for a public viewing place, I've never looked into it as most of the matches are 6am kickoffs. Way too early for this tifoso.

Fcuking softies.

If you WOPS were passionate about your football like us Scots you would have no problem getting up early to take in a game.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Fcuking softies.

If you WOPS were passionate about your football like us Scots you would have no problem getting up early to take in a game.

Come on Jinks, you've got it easy.

Think of the time zones... think of time zones. :cool:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all seriousness Luch, some of the Scottish games are 4:30 am kick-offs here on the west coast in order to accomodate television schedules. Personally I hate those early K.O.s but you've gotta do what ya gotta do.

If you were able to get enough guys together you might find it easier to get up that early as it does tend to feel like a real supporter's club. Especially for the derby and cup matches. Numbers also tends to cut down the costs of seeing these games live and if you were to accomplish this you could lay claim to starting the Vancouver Viola. I don't know of any other Italian supporters' clubs in Vancouver, do you?

Come to think of it, there aren't any Man Utd. Supporters Clubs in this city either but apparently they are the biggest club in the world.

On that note there are three Celtic Supporters Clubs (one for each of the tenors) in the Vancouver area and two Rangers' clubs.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
imtapley said:
A challenge from Jinky! Is Luch up to it?

Hmmm... no.

Jinky,

I know about the 4:30 Celtic ko's and your love of the PM Legion (that is where you go isn't it?). Certainly you know I was kidding about the time zones ;). To be honest, after my dissapointment with the TLN broadcast selections last year, I was ready to search out the games locally for this year until... I discovered the live streams I've been on about. With the majority of my own matches at 10:00am Sunday mornings, getting out and back as opposed to watching the match in my own friendly confines is too much for this old lad to take. I've managed to find every match to date this year and although the atmosphere isn't the same, I've enjoyed actually watching La Viola instead of tracking Livescore.

imtapley,
Jinky's idea of the founding of the Vancouver Viola is yours to lay claim to :cool:

imtapley

Aug 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch said:
Hmmm... no.

Jinky,

I was ready to search out the games locally for this year until... I discovered the live streams I've been on about. With the majority of my own matches at 10:00am Sunday mornings, getting out and back as opposed to watching the match in my own friendly confines is too much for this old lad to take. I've managed to find every match to date this year and although the atmosphere isn't the same, I've enjoyed actually watching La Viola instead of tracking Livescore.

imtapley,
Jinky's idea of the founding of the Vancouver Viola is yours to lay claim to :cool:

MoLuch
a) You bitch about the streams and I've only read a smattering of your posts (tell us how you really feel?)
b) You like to watch in your own confines - are you on house arrest?
c) You know why I can't do it, we need a pro tifoso!!!!!! Like, oh i dont know - YOU MAYBE.

ALE GALLINA
Here's a new signature suggestion for ya (did you have to look that one up? I did - for the spelling :D )

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually do something similar Luch. Celtic offers an ever-improving match webcast called channel 67 which I and Captain Shamrock have taken advantage of. It isn't perfect but for about $20 per month I can get to see every game live as well as three more channels of various Celtic content running constantly. This includes everything from press conferences to recent matches (mostly the O'neill years). Classics including Celtic - Rangers games from the 60s 70s, 80s and 90s and similarly dated Euro matches, since there will be no fcucking Euro fixtures this season. There is also a sort of "on demand" type of content which allows me to watch various club created specials such as The Lubo Moravcik Story or 100 Great Larsson Goals, that type of thing.

The broadcasts are getting better all the time, I no longer have to endure the dreaded webcast "slide show" when things slow down. Most webcasts are superfast and hooking up to my big screen is really quite simple. The commentators are diabolically unprofessional and are "homers" to the extent that they are apologists for the team when things are going badly. I almost prefer Setanta's Rangers biased commentary team of Jock Brown and Mark "er,..um,..er,..umm,umm" Hately. They may be bluenoses but at least in the cae of Brown, it is his job unlike the fcukwit employed by Celtic to do 'colour'. The guy is the head of the IT department for fcuk's sakes, was the tea lady too busy?

For this reason, I watch the games at home rather than forking out $200 to $300 a year to travel to a club to watch a game. I will go to a club for the Rangers games or the big Cup games as the atmosphere can't be beat. I took in the last Rangers game at the Barnet Supporters' Club which is now located at the Firemen Club at Bonsor. It's quick to get there coming from Kits and there are a decent number of people there.

Why doesn't Fiorentina do something similar? There must be enough ex-pats around the world to make it finacially viable for the club.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Why doesn't Fiorentina do something similar? There must be enough ex-pats around the world to make it finacially viable for the club.

It's coming. Right now they do offer it from a company called Rosso Alice for 2.50 euro/match, however, it's only available to IPs based in Italy. In some recent correspondence with them, they assured me a worldwide feed is in the works. In the mean time, Asian programs such as PPLIVE, PPSTREAM, SOPCAST, TV ANTS & QQLIVE offer feeds for almost every match going on worldwide, within all of the big leagues.

imtapley,

Yes I've complained about slow feeds, but that's mainly a dig at TLN who only believe we want to watch the big money clubs every fukcin weekend. Hopefully Fiorentina continue to do well so that they will be forced to show more of their matches. It's also a dig at Shaw for not giving us any other options such as Rogers offers back east with Goltv and Rai International. For a chance to catch all of La Viola's matches on free live feeds, it's more than I could ask for. Add a live italian audio feed and all is perfect.

As for your new sig, looks good on you :D

imtapley

Aug 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch said:
It's coming. Right now they do offer it from a company called Rosso Alice for 2.50 euro/match, however, it's only available to IPs based in Italy. In some recent correspondence with them, they assured me a worldwide feed is in the works. In the mean time, Asian programs such as PPLIVE, PPSTREAM, SOPCAST, TV ANTS & QQLIVE offer feeds for almost every match going on worldwide, within all of the big leagues.

imtapley,
Hopefully Fiorentina continue to do well so that they will be forced to show more of their matches.
As for your new sig, looks good on you :D

MoLuch
Exactly...wrt la viola winning and becoming the team to watch. wrt to the signature you know I kid. Jocularity! You're aces! You're posts ARE the encyclopedia viola I can't ask for more. Truce? ;)
wom

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
imtapley said:
Truce?
wom

Yeah, sure. BTW, WTF is your sig about? "wom"?

As for Sunday"s big tilt, Football Italia has the probable starters as such:

Inter (probable): Julio Cesar; Cordoba, Materazzi, Samuel, Favalli; Figo, Cambiasso, Veron, Stankovic; Cruz, Martins
Fiorentina (probable): Frey; Ujfalusi, Gamberini, Dainelli, Pancaro; Brocchi, Donadel, Pazienza, Fiore; Bojinov, Toni

Zenga,

Hopefully FI is correct in guessing that Inter will rest Adriano's ankle problem :D. Martins and the on-form Cruz will be enough to deal with. Have you heard otherwise?

Fiorentina is still trying to stablize their center back position, Prandelli has been interchanging Dainelli, Di Loreto and Gamberini. It's still a bit worrisome back there. A poll on a Viola news site has the tifosi voting for the combo of Di Loreto-Gamberini. We'll see what Cesare has in store to halt the Inter attack.

imtapley

Aug 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtapley
Truce?
wom

Yeah, sure. BTW, WTF is your sig about? "wom"?

MoLuch "yeah, sure"??? you doubt the sincerety of my olive branch? The sig and handle are a dickens thing - charles, that is, not the ttp'er. dont worry i wont get into it - we're getting a fair number of viewers and wouldnt want to bore the pants off 'em.
wom

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga,
Hopefully he takes the weekend off ;).

imtapley said:
MoLuch "yeah, sure"??? you doubt the sincerety of my olive branch?

Of course not IM, branch accepted :cool:.

Forza Viola. :wa:

BTW, can anyone change the colour of the banana to a lovely shade of Viola?
TIA.

imtapley

Aug 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course not IM, branch accepted :cool:.

Forza Viola. :wa:

BTW, can anyone change the colour of the banana to a lovely shade of Viola?
TIA.[/QUOTE]

MoLuch, Now you're cooking with gas! Banana Viola!!! A challenge for the adminstrators? bring it on....

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1-0 Viola

Just caught the match on tape-delay... would have done better to have gone out to Hillcrest for the afternoon.

Fully deserved win for Inter, although Adriano was off on their early goal. Frey was forced to make way too many stops today. Midfield was non-existent. Toni had shite service all day long, even when Materazzi wasn't draped all over him :rolleyes:. His warning should have come much earlier. After all that, I'm still very concerned about Fiorentina defensively... not a surprise that Pancaro was pulled at half.

Hosting high flying Livorno next week. Should be a good derby.

Out.

Table After Week 5
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Clubs [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]P [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Pts[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]15[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Inter [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]12[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Livorno [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]11[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Fiorentina [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]10[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Milan [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]10[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Lazio [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]10[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Palermo [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]10[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Sampdoria [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]9[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Chievo [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]9[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Roma [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]8[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Siena [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]7[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Empoli [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]6[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Udinese [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]6[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Parma [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]4[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Messina [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]3[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Cagliari [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]3[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Ascoli [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]3[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Reggina [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]3[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Lecce [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Treviso [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]5 [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]0[/font]

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch,

Frey played fantasic, I didnt see the goal so I can't comment on it being offside or not.

Figo was magic today, running at the Fiorentina defense all day long, was hoping he was going to open his Inter account on that one move with him and Martins but Frey made a great stop.

Cambiasso and Veron also had great games for Inter.

This sets up a huge derby d'italia next week.

INTER v JUVE; should be a cracker.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0