Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Senior Boys High School Soccer 2007

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since the first portion of our league play is over and the Valleys just around the corner, I thought I would start the thread for another year.

Going into today's game against Delta (we won 8 - 0), here are the standings from our zone......we play the top 3 teams again and then move on to the Valleys.

GP W L T GF GA Pts

South Delta 6 6 0 0 23 0 18
North Delta 6 4 1 1 16 10 13
Tamanawis 6 4 1 1 15 5 13
Elgin Park 6 2 2 2 12 10 8
Semiahmoo 6 1 2 3 13 15 6
Seaquam 6 2 4 0 9 10 6
Delta 6 1 5 0 15 23 3​
Earl Marriott 6 0 4 1 7 37 1

Go Devils

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
geeze... south delta is strong.

reminds me of the good ol' days when i had sparky and jolly rogers playing in front of me wearing sundevil blue... ahhh... back in '93. still will never forget the provincials taking a turn for the worse when tommy babic took a swan dive in the box and the ref ate it up like a fat kid with a smartie. bloody nightmares for a month.

back on topic... well done, captain.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BUt did you guys lose to Mount Doug like we did in Grade 10 and then again in 11.

I hated them.

:mad:

Back to Back 12th place finishes if i rememeber correctly. Spark Dog and Dave Baird running a "tight" :rolleyes: ship back in the day.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes... 1-0 loss to Mount Douglas.

free kick from 25 yds over the wall and off the post and in. gutted. they went on to win it that year. we ended up 8th, i believe.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bobo in year 6 of the school team with you guys by then?

School soccer would end and like clockwork bobo would leave school but be back for next year. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
geeze... south delta is strong.

reminds me of the good ol' days when i had sparky and jolly rogers playing in front of me wearing sundevil blue... ahhh... back in '93. still will never forget the provincials taking a turn for the worse when tommy babic took a swan dive in the box and the ref ate it up like a fat kid with a smartie. bloody nightmares for a month.

back on topic... well done, captain.

Sounds like a good team, sixfyv.......I honestly think this team has the potential to be the best boys team in South Delta's history.......might be a bold statement but the entire starting line-up plays at the Metro level. Having said that, we unfortunately have 3 boys who are done for the season and haven't played yet. Two of them were starters so it depends on how we continue to gel. Our goalkeeping situation is much better than last year, with last year's goalie being our back-up. We've added a bit of a bruiser up front(from our hockey academy) and we have kids who can play. Toughness will be an issue over the next few weeks so we'll see if we have enough of it, and of course if we can avoid suspensions.....a few of the boys are already on two yellows. :mad: :mad:

We play at home on Tuesday and Thursday at Winskill Park against Elgin Park and North Delta before playing Tamanawis next week on Tuesday. After that, it will be the seedings meeting on October 26th........Go Devils. Here are the 'final' standings before the split.

GP W L T GF GA Pts

South Delta 7 7 0 0 31 0 21
North Delta 7 5 1 1 18 10 16
Tamanawis 7 4 2 1 15 7 13
Elgin Park 7 3 2 2 15 10 11

Semiahmoo 7 2 2 3 15 16 9
Seaquam 7 2 5 0 10 12 6
Delta 7 1 6 0 15 31 3
Earl Marriott 7 0 6 1 7 40 1

Go Devils.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach Skip looking forward to his team's first Fraser Valley game today vs Yale. Under dogs for sure, seeded 13th, but a dark horse IMO! :D

Best of luck to all other teams and coaches.

Captain, didn't get a chance to chat with you at the seeding meeting. Impressive record for your side. Enjoy dismantling Centennial this afternoon.

~S

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck Skip.

Hey Captain........I hear Alex Watson is now at South Delta.
He is a a quality guy who also really does love the game.
He was the teacher sponsor for North Delta when i coached there for three years.
We won it back in 96 or so with Jeff Skiiner, Pete Berkaholtz, Tish, Arron Kaay and Danny Karincik.

Say hi to Alex Captain, and good luck on your run to the top! Go Devils!

Gotta like the High School Soccer..........Everyone has some good and bad memories?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LAM 1 - Yale 2

Tough loss. Game could have gone either way. In the end, the rubbish pitch helped the home team. Most likely on to Abby on Thursday.

Any other coaches around these parts? Does Captain even post anymore? Who's on first?

~S

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip, if you haven't figured it out, Alikira is Captain, something about the old account not working.

South Delta 2 Centennial 1 (OT)

Unlucky against Yale, thought they might be ripe for the picking...almost like we were today against Centennial. They played a 5-4-1 which really was the only chance they had. It took a while for our boys to get used to it and after a few tactical changes, we took control. As most teams who play against Delta Metro Blaze find though, it is more difficult than it looks to score against. 0-0 at half but it is one way traffic. Midway through the second half ref gives them an indirect free kick because our player said "I got it". Un-fukcing believable. There are too many idiot refs out there who live in fantasy land and think that just because someone says that they have to blow their whistle. There was no one near him at the time and it almost did us in. They got an indirect kick about 16 yards out and scored a cracker. Our boys kept their composure and we tied it up with about ten to go and won it with a goal about three minutes into the first overtime. A good wakeup call for the boys who will move on to face probably Charles Best on Thursday.

Alex Watson is still our principal but not for long, he's moving on to the board office in January. A class act who we are definitely worse off for losing.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach Skip looking forward to his team's first Fraser Valley game today vs Yale. Under dogs for sure, seeded 13th, but a dark horse IMO! :D

Best of luck to all other teams and coaches.

Captain, didn't get a chance to chat with you at the seeding meeting. Impressive record for your side. Enjoy dismantling Centennial this afternoon.

~S

Cheers, Skip. We had a difficult time dismantling a 5 - 4 - 1 at times......but we certainly created enough opportunities to put the game out of reach but didn't. They kept battling and sticking to their system. Brian Penk did an excellent job preparing for the game and his boys gave a great account for themselves.

Our boys played well for the most part and showed a lot of poise over the last 20 minutes after we went down to a free-kick, which Brian agreed was a joke of a call. Oh well, that's high school soccer I suppose. :mad:

:mad:

Go Devils and good luck to the rest of the teams. :)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Midway through the second half ref gives them an indirect free kick because our player said "I got it". Un-fukcing believable. There are too many idiot refs out there who live in fantasy land...

Don't even get me started. I've lost my mind a few times this season. Not sure where they find some of these referees, but in general, its been atrocious. On average, 5 new grey hairs for Skip every game. :D

Good luck on Thursday.

~S

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be blunt............it was the WORST performance I have EVER seen from a referee. Absolutely fcuking disgraceful. The post game discussion with the other coach was nothing less than unbelievable. :mad:

South Delta 1 Charles Best 0 (extra-time)

We deserved to win the game but this man must NEVER ref an organized game again. End of story.

On to Fleetwood on Monday in the semi-final with a berth to the Provincials and an opportunity to play for a Fraser Valley banner.......It will be the most difficult game yet.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, gentlemen, I wouldn't know where to start........I will say that he is the spitting image of the librarian from Seinfeld who was trying to track the book from 20 years previous.......:mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 1 Fleetwood 0 (4 - 2 on penalties)

Kevin Uppal reffed the game and he was EXCELLENT. He kept the game under complete control and both coaching staffs were commenting on how nice it was to play in a game where the ref was competent. The game itself was a real chess match.....Fleetwood rattled the post in the first 5 minutes and as it turned out, that was a huge miss. We had a couple of chances(not great ones after that) and they had very few after the initial five minutes. It was a game which was destined to be a draw. Fleetwood will make the provincials and will be a very difficult opponent for anybody.......I really believe the provincial winner this year is coming from the Valley........:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, we play Enver Creek in the Fraser Valley final on Thursday. This will be a VERY tough challenge as they also have not tied or lost a game this season......number one and the number 2 seed going head to head. Great stuff.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0