Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sapperton Rovers vs Royal City Club Coaches

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pic in the paper for 2 completely unrelated stories in one week - hit my quota. A 3rd time would only be for something bad.

Hit the town last night with front page of the Sun in hand - free drinks at TimmyH, MacDs, and Subway. Woohoo!

Brian Gibby and PV were on Global TV this morning. The Sappers unis looked fantastic.

Admission is free.
Beer garden is open at 2:30. Sapp ladies team is running that show.
Come sit in the bleachers or behind the field and enjoy a bevy.

Hope to see all you there.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SAPPERS 9 - NEW WESTMINSTER 9

What a great day out at Queens Park.

The 2 teams were split: Sapp Open and split coaches (Sappers) vs Sapp Masters and split coaches (New West) .

Some great intensity as New West held the halftime wind-aided lead 5-2.
Sappers came out strong in the second but New West countered (6-3)
Down 2 goals with 10 to go the Sapperes got 2 quick goals - one right off the kick- off to tie it at 8s.
New West took the lead with 5 to go and it looked over for the Sappers until a bone-head play by an un-named Sapperton player allowed a free kick from thirty out with seconds remaining. Sappers tied it on the final play for a fitting result.

A lot of fun - met the Taxman (New West) - hell, even bought WAB a foo-foo drink.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I can say WAB, and to quote someone else ... The Sappers - "They owe us points !!"

The game was actually a good workout and enjoyable to play ... I think we should just make it part of the Hyack weekend instead of every 150 years ... or just go full-out soccer with newer uniforms.

Sapp has a good bunch of guys - but really need to work on getting hot water in the changing rooms for non-sumer games. Rumor has it they are now the 4th Premier team to have sent my agent an offer sheet. Great beer gardens - went back today to get my car.:D:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it they are now the 4th Premier team to have sent my agent an offer sheet. :D:D

Shitt, the VMSL boys sure must be short bodies if you are getting offer sheets or mabey they just want to shut you up on TTP;).
Could be pretty tough to get an offer from the Rangers.

hos

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great afternoon out at Queen's Park - congratulations to WAB and all the Sapperton lads for putting on a great event. Amazing how Favs still ran miles in uniforms that were obviously incredibly hot.

Taxman - keep doing that three times a week and you should be in great shape for next season ;) :D

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shitt, the VMSL boys sure must be short bodies if you are getting offer sheets or mabey they just want to shut you up on TTP;).
Could be pretty tough to get an offer from the Rangers.

hos

I have too much hair to play for the Rangers ... RF told me bald is best

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 2009 version of the game will be played on Victoria Day , Monday May 18 at Queens Park Stadium, right after the ceremonial anvil salute.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 2009 version of the game will be played on Victoria Day , Monday May 18 at Queens Park Stadium, right after the ceremonial anvil salute.

Good to hear, as that way WAB will still get to play a game in May.:D:D

JAGS

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will there be a beer Garden again?
Yes, the beer garden will be run by the New West Hyack Committe, and will be just outside the stadium. Last year the Hyack Committee had Jim Byrnes playing on a stage right next to the beer garden.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like some of New West's finest will be joining the Royal City coches team this year. They normally play in the Knights league under the New West Blues name.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bohica was at practice this week as he will be making a guest appearance in the vintage game. Either he is really dumb or he plays fast and loose with the 1863 rules, always trying to gain an advantage. Luckily we asked BCSA to send its top ref to handle the game.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
City of New Westminster 9 - Royal City Engineers (Sappers) 7

Fun times for sure @ Queens Park. Bag pipe parade entrance that went all around the grounds was a nice touch.

The referee let the 2 sides play a more physical style this year and it made for a rough & exciting match at times. The Sappers had the game well in hand with 5 min to go, but 4 unanswered goals including 2 really late by New West killed the Sappers.

Fantasic job by the unbiased:rolleyes: ref to let the 2 teams play. He was on his game.

Taxman all but clinched MotM honours with the cannon clearances all day for the Sappers, but his back line folded late. Bohica was, at times, shocking, but also fantastic; the "barge" on ppl_mvr was hilarious.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob;282407Fantasic job by the unbiased:rolleyes: ref to let the 2 teams play. He was on his game.[/QUOTE said:
Sounds like you spent the big bucks and got the best ref in BC, Mr. Rene.

Glad to hear it was a success.

hos

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0