Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL Div 1 Thursday nights 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: RRSL Div 1 Thursday nights.....

Binger's Army 4 - Westside Knights 2

Upon arriving at the field I was thankful that I brought my cattleprod to shoe of the wayfairing bovines still hanging around the 18yd box. :D Small pitch , compact , goalies could play pass all game if need be. We start with 11 and play the rest of the game with 11 , they have 4 subs most of which were of the younger and faster variety. Game gets' rollin' and they're controlling the play for pretty much the rest of the half , should be notted both sides had several field endused erant passes and unfortunate bounces. They pot one mid way through the first and then another right before half (cheeky little redirected back heal that was quite nice). Second half starts and now it's our turn we go at em' and are enjoying more of the play and we score with a mucker goal from the ageless one Mr Kane. About five minutes later one of our guys get's hoofed in the box and I make it 2-2. With about 10 to go they almost get two identical goals both headers off of crosses to finish us off. A couple of subs for us woulda' helped but the Bingers lads deserved this one hopefully next week brings a better turnout. Good Luck to all with the season...

cheers, The Rattler

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Rattler,

Please tell me Number2 wasn't playing goal again. I think he's got a life-time free-pass by now, eh?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 - Blaze 2

I'd like to nominate DSS in Ladner for worst field ever. Zero flat parts on the thing and ankle breaker tufts of grass and holes everywhere.

The Blaze scored first 25 minutes in on a through ball our keeper should have came and got. We got the equalizer at the hour mark on a nicely taken half volley that was deflected in, keeper wasn't getting to it before the deflection anyway.

They scored a beauty to go up at about the 70 minute mark. A little mishit cracker from about 20 that went top corner. Our keeps with no chance. Our equalizer was the best goal i have seen in a while. Our sweeper gets the clearance off our corner at about half. he beats the first man takes 3 steps and unleashed a fcuking rocket that looked to be going over at the penalty spot but dipped and hit crossbar/post junction on the way in. after that no real drama.

We started about 10 to 7 as the ref didn't make a move to start the game and finally Jolly of the blaze noticed the time and we got startd. Each half felt like 55 minutes while on the sideline ridiculing both teams but it could have been the terrible field and incredibly shoddy play that made it seem interminable.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Keeper:

:wa: :wa: :wa:

This is what the poor number2 slips on every time he injures himself ; ( a misplaced banana peel on the field ) every time he straps on those weathered umbro fire-sale specials for gloves to go in the pipes. Honestly I have not seen anyone ever get so many unlucky slips , late twists or unfortunate falls in my life. The next time he wants to go in the pipes I think he's better off going in the mud pit as Blue (from Old School) cause' then at least you know you will die a happy man (jumbalees and all) :D :D :D . The number2's e.t.a is at least 2 months I believe and as long as we are both Knights you have my word that he's never allowed in there again ....... period ! So sayeth the rattlesnake , number2 get better I miss ya at the cooler my friend (me and Dr J are tired of being perceived as alcoholics) oh and by the way onto the next game .

cheers, the rattler

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Blaze 1-1 Club Ireland 'A'

Two games into the summer season and two great evenings of weather! At least we're off to a better start then last year!

The Blaze-Ireland rivalry was rekindled last night after having the winter season break from each other. Both teams played hard and fast on what has got to rank as the second worst field behind either DSS or Burnett!

Both teams had their even share of the ball through the first half, with us coming out one goal to the good from a free-kick. With our player JL facing probably the largest wall he'll ever see on a free kick (JR, Rainsey, young Rogers, some other pylon), it looked like the only option was to try and beat the keeper to the far post as this wall was only four players, but covered the space of a normal 6-man wall, with the shortest player standing 6'3". JL stepped up to the ball, scuffed his shot, and watched as it somehow squeezed through the wall at hip-height and into the near post...who'd have thought it possible?!

The second half saw Club I maintain most of the possession as Blaze relied on their fast-break strategy. Midway through the second half two Club I players launched themselves into a tackle on Travis from both sides as he was shooting...PK for Blaze and a red card for Club I Champ. Jolly stepped up and took care of business, slotting the PK home nicely.

Fun game with lots of intensity by both sides...great to see all of the Blaze lads again! Looking forward as always to the rematch.

Burnro

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
Midway through the second half two Club I players launched themselves into a tackle on Travis from both sides as he was shooting...PK for Blaze and a red card for Club I Champ.

A 50-50 ball inside the box, sliding in I win the ball first, D.I.T.H proceeds to kick my foot and go down yelling like he has been shot. Good call ref:rolleyes:

All in all, a fun game, the next one will be even better.

Any other results?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3- Rangers 1

IT was terrible. We scored the first 3 goals. unfortunately 2 were of the own variety. BEst moment is their second when shot beats keeper hits post, bounces into keepers back ansd slowly trickles over the line from 5 yards out.

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I champ, I'd hardly say you won the ball first , since i did get another shot away that went off target.

Fair enough I definitely wasn't looking for you to get a red, but evidently your mouth won that all by itself!

Good game, pretty intense considering it was early in the summer, Cant wait for the rematch.

DITH

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 3 - Delta Rangers 1

Well not much to report here other than Gower scoring a goal which hasn't happened in years. Good hard fought battle both ways with us pulling out the victory. It seems they may have been missing a few people as I did not recognize all the same lads on the pitch as previous years.

cheers , the rattler

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons vs Club I

We should have charged the Hoops admission to the clinic we put on for them. 8 -1 was the final and it was not far from double digits. Age was definitely a factor, as Cookie had earlier suggested, however, not as you would usually assume. The old boys took it to the younger lads. Pooner put on a display of finishing that was sublime! Pooner take 5 weeks off whenever you like! Don't want to belabour the point to much, but this was the biggest piss take I have ever been involved in and the Club I boys, who usually have a few pints after the game, were seen leaving the park in a somewhat sullen mood. Essentially, this game was put first place on the line, as I belive we have caught up in points and have 2 games to make up.
We have won our last 6 and continue to get better every week. Ian Mortimer proved to be a great addition to the game and our team, as well as having Ninja back in the mix. Retribution is always fun (Club I squeaked out a 2-1 win early in the season) especially on a grand scale and to some young whipper-snappers.

Cheers Love, Fozzy!

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what did club i field there tuesday night team. 8-1. that's an embarrassment. no wonder they didn't stick around for beers. the walk of shame to their cars and into the arms of their mommies. whah what

that old white hair guy arnot on club i must have had a cow. what excuses will he have now. Oh my team didn't show up since they thought it was wednesday night. wanker.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great job, No Right Peg. You guys must feel like you won the World Cup. At least that's the way it comes across. We all know the Richmond Premier League is the best in B.C. so those sort of results are to be expected. We all know you're trying to go for the QUAD, which is great.......unfortunately, it has already been done. Kind of like the Huns winning 9 leagues in a row. It had already been done. :D

Wayne's World, the man you refer to cares a lot about the Club. For that, he doesn't deserve to be called a wanker.

I see the Dragons somehow managed to take over the O-30 Canada team. They will stack the team to win the tournament, which is fine. I'm sure they'll be ready for anything thrown at them in the tournament. Good luck, gentlemen.

No Right Peg, I can only guess that someone posted under your moniker because it was not something you normally would do. If it was you, I'm surprised. If it wasn't you, I'm surprised you sat beside the person while he typed. Players usually have long memories............

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Great job, No Right Peg. You guys must feel like you won the World Cup. At least that's the way it comes across. We all know the Richmond Premier League is the best in B.C. so those sort of results are to be expected. We all know you're trying to go for the QUAD, which is great.......unfortunately, it has already been done. Kind of like the Huns winning 9 leagues in a row. It had already been done. :D

I see the Dragons somehow managed to take over the O-30 Canada team. They will stack the team to win the tournament, which is fine. I'm sure they'll be ready for anything thrown at them in the tournament. Good luck, gentlemen.

No Right Peg, I can only guess that someone posted under your moniker because it was not something you normally would do. If it was you, I'm surprised. If it wasn't you, I'm surprised you sat beside the person while he typed. Players usually have long memories............

some ex-player no right peg used to coach tried to injure him during the game so he was really pissed off. best medicine was scoring 8 quality goals and it silenced the opposition. it's no world cup but simply a good pisstaking.

not many additions to the o-30 canada team. stacking over 30 players isn't easy to do or they would be playing open still. there are a few notable ttpers on the team

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the result indicates, yesterday was a very disappointing match, tough to be apart of to say the least. At least the goals were nice:rolleyes: :(

I didn't want to, but I'm going to throw my two cents out there about the malice in NRP's post.

NRP is on his touchline trying to find someone to knock it long too. I'm coming from his side and try to close him down. He knocks it long, as I see this, try to hold up and NOT CLATTER him, he attempts the side step around of what have you, and hits me square on. I take a step back and think nothing of it until I hear the shrill voice on a Prue-teen girl in my ear yelling that I tried to break his knee!:confused: At this point, I along with half the people on the pitch and confused.

Soon after the yelling stops, I immediately get two hands coming for my throat accompanied by a "you fcuking punk":rolleyes:

As I tried to explain, it ended up in one ear and out the other with NRP. Multiple players on our squad who have been 'coached' (I use the term lightly) by him tried to express the fact that I would not do that sort of thing to anyone. NRP's response, "Did you see it?" No was the reply. To which he fires back "well **** you then" Quality stuff.

NRP, if I, or anyone else in all the competition you have, will, and do face in football, anyone could have crippled you in the position you were in. So to say I purposefully went out of my way to blatantly injure you is ridiculous and you know it. I tried to break your knee? That deserves a wanker award.

Other then all that, I enjoyed trying to battle their back line, two big men up the middle, two fcuking quick outside backs, made for a good pre-Nations Cup workout.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0