Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 2: Canucks vs. Wild.

Who will win?

• Canucks in four.:D

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Wild in four.:rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Wild in five.:rolleyes:

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Wild in six.:rolleyes:

• Canucks in seven.:D

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Wild in seven.:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Canucks in nine. :( See Canucks in six for total.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crumpir (spud)

I've been watching all year. jovo does, and I believe I preempted this in my previous critique, contribute offensively to 'some degree'...emphasis on some. this 'some' degree does not qualify him to recieve the praise he has been getting. now, rest assured, he was the only one scoring for the nucks in this series, but this is simply because of the way minny plays...the clog up the front of the net and only alow shots from the perimiter. he is one of the faster canucks and was therefore utilized on the pp and such. i do not question his skill, only his choices with the puck that often cost the team more than the benefits they recieve from his offensive contributions.

managershakeshisheadindisgustatjovofans...especially crumpir!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Argyle
I agree that there will be 29 NHL GM's out there looking, not for players but for a Lemaire style coach. With out him the players are plumbers. With him, they are very good plumbers.

I don't know about that. Guys like Dupuis, Kuba, Schultz, Zyuzin, Mitchell and Park are all 27 and younger, and have a good amount of upside in my estimation. You have to figure that with these new rules, a lot of teams are going to adapt to the style seen by the teams still playing for the Cup. That means guys who can skate are going to be at a premium, and a guys like Park and Dupuis are good examples of that - they can skate and shoot exceptionally well. Their defensive core of Schultz (20), Mitchell (25) and Kuba (26) is very solid and shows experience beyond their years. Obviously Lemaire is the pupper master pulling the strings, but its not like these guys are little plastic figurines on Jaques big bubble hockey rink. You're telling me young defensemen who can play well at the NHL level aren't going to be in demand?

I also think most teams in the NHL would love to have Gaborik, Walz and Brunette in their lineups next fall. So right here, I have listed a good handful of players who would probably find themselves on a few GMs shopping lists this summer.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the point is...

A quality coach can improve your chance of success more than acquiring one/two players (see NYR)

Every team has a handfull of quality players, but very few teams have a quality coach.

Of the remaining teams coaches....

three out of four rate in the most victories all time.....only Mike Bab**** (newbie) is not on the list.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It isn't simply a matter of getting the "right" coach for the system.

Do you seriously think the NY Rangers would bring in a "Lemaire" and then pay the likes of Lindros and Bure massive contracts to play the trap?

You don't need high paid superstars to play a shite system.

This run by Minni will no doubt encourage more than a few teams to model themselves after the Wild in both method and manpower. Americans don't watch hockey anyways and any who will be converted (because their trap-crap local franchise is winning) will never have known the difference between good entertaining hockey and rubbish anyways.

But we will.

With new collective bargaining agreement negotiations looming, the success of the low budget trap has given an advantage to the owners. It will be a matter of low-cost results being weighed against high-priced entertainment.

Gee, I wonder which philosophy will win out.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real losers in all of this are the patrons who will no longer be able to see the homemade Bertuzzi shirt. Wednesdays will no longer be the same.:(

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This great poem was sent to me at work by a very happy colleague....creative to say the least.

Ode to the Canucks

Thank-you guys, it's been really fun.
You should have put us away when the series was 3 -1 .
We don't know how you blew your chance.
Never thought we would hear Wes Walz chants.

Cloutier in goal was certainly suspect.
Perhaps Bertuzzi should have shown more respect.
What pray tell can we say of the twins.
Henrik and Daniel won't get you any wins.

Linden was the best Canuck on the ice.
I think Brent Sopel might have lice.
Naslund's play was certainly a joke.
He must have stayed up all night writing a speech in case his team choked.

Jovo Scored lots of goals.
Too bad all his pinching left defensive holes.
Brad May came in to add some grit.
I don't think he realized he was brought in to hit.

Here is your ass back as a parting gift.
Let us know if you need a lift.
We'll drop you off in Winnipeg and turn you loose.
I'm sure they could use some of your players on the Moose.

Who would have thought it'd be the Duck's vs Wild in the West.
I thought the Conference Final was saved for the best.
Obviously though that's not the Canucks.
Cause we proved one thing last night,
YOUR TEAM SUCKS.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few of the boys were at The Roxy last night. Morrison and Cloutier just shitfaced.

Malik is even uglier in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0